Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1: Jags in Indy

(09-07-2023, 02:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 12:44 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Anyone else fearing massive amounts of disappointment?

No because this is pro football and no team is “supposed” to beat any team. And any team can be beat by any team. Just like when the Jaguars beat Denver in the ‘96 playoffs. 

Phat Tony on 1010 is one of the main ones that keeps saying “we’re finally becoming a team that will win the games we’re supposed to win.”

Skip Bayless says these same type of things and it’s because they’ve never laced up a pair of cleats, Tony too.  

Chris Berman says it best “And that’s why they play the games.”

Don’t get caught up in all that we’re supposed to win crap. That’s when you go out and get 50 hung on your dome.

Chris Berman never laced up a pair of cleats, so according to you why should we listen to a thing he says?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-07-2023, 02:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 12:44 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Anyone else fearing massive amounts of disappointment?

No because this is pro football and no team is “supposed” to beat any team. And any team can be beat by any team. Just like when the Jaguars beat Denver in the ‘96 playoffs. 

Phat Tony on 1010 is one of the main ones that keeps saying “we’re finally becoming a team that will win the games we’re supposed to win.”

Skip Bayless says these same type of things and it’s because they’ve never laced up a pair of cleats, Tony too.  

Don’t get caught up in all that we’re supposed to win crap. That’s when you go out and get 50 hung on your dome.

I think by massive amounts of disappointment Josh was referring to Duval winning by 47.

I for one will have the pitchforks at the ready should we only win by 42.

@@

(09-07-2023, 03:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 02:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: No because this is pro football and no team is “supposed” to beat any team. And any team can be beat by any team. Just like when the Jaguars beat Denver in the ‘96 playoffs. 

So if the Chiefs played the Cardinals on Sunday…. At Arrowhead…. You wouldn’t say “The Chiefs are supposed to win this game?”

I'd be saying that the league has it in for us, since the Chefs get a cupcake at home and we get a blueberry muffin (the best kind of muffin) on the road

Yeah. I'm nervous. If this was in the middle of the season, we'd probably call it a trap game. If we somehow lose this and then lose to KC next week (which isn't beyond the realm of possibility) then I will definitely be disappointed.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-07-2023, 02:33 PM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: I took Etienne in the 5th round.  With all the passing game weapons, I'm hoping he gets some open lanes.  We are a scoring only league that has been going for 27 years.

You wouldn’t happen to be playing with a bunch of old Prudential guys?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Landed in Indy this morning, I had a great dinner at St Elmo tonight.

(09-07-2023, 04:06 PM)empty Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 02:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: No because this is pro football and no team is “supposed” to beat any team. And any team can be beat by any team. Just like when the Jaguars beat Denver in the ‘96 playoffs. 

Chris Berman never laced up a pair of cleats, so according to you why should we listen to a thing he says?

Boom knows how pro football works so he gets a pass.

(09-07-2023, 07:44 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 04:06 PM)empty Wrote: Chris Berman never laced up a pair of cleats, so according to you why should we listen to a thing he says?

Does he? Hahaha

“Whoop…. Whoooop…. POW…. Whoop”

Brilliant analysis

"Rumbling, bumbling, stumbling. He could, go, all, the, way."

I say we win 38 to 13 now. [BLEEP] the clots...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Well, it would be great to get a game ahead of KC before next week as well. Never too early to think big picture I guess. Not that there weren't enough reasons to win this week anyways..

(09-07-2023, 07:44 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 04:06 PM)empty Wrote: Chris Berman never laced up a pair of cleats, so according to you why should we listen to a thing he says?

He reads from a teleprompter.

Did anyone have the Lions beating the Chiefs last night?

I did. I think we blow out the Clots and then next week we will find out just how good we are. KC is going to pissed as hell after that egg they laid on national TV.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(09-08-2023, 11:29 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Did anyone have the Lions beating the Chiefs last night?

No, but with Kelce out I figured it would be close.  I also didn't have the Lions offense being so "meh" given they were pretty prolific at times last year.  If Toney either doesn't alley-oop the ball to Burns for the pick 6 or even just catches 1 or 2 of the passes he dropped, the chiefs probably still win the game.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2023, 11:46 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-08-2023, 11:29 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Did anyone have the Lions beating the Chiefs last night?

I did, I didn't see the Chiefs beating the Lions without Kelce

(09-08-2023, 11:33 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

No, but with Kelce out I figured it would be close.  I also didn't have the Lions offense being so "meh" given they were pretty prolific at times last year.  If Toney either doesn't alley-oop the ball to Burns for the pick 6 or even just catches 1 or 2 of the passes he dropped, the chiefs probably still win the game.

What if the Lions didn't fumble the ball inside the 10?

Not too happy about the Chiefs’ loss, though it was my pick. Those guys are gonna be out for blood next week, probably with Kelsey. That game is similar to my concern with the Colts. Did you see how that Detroit OL just imposed its will? If the Indy OL can do something like that, we could be in trouble…

Personally I think all the talk about the chefs coming for blood or being desperate is hogwash.

It's Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes. They aren't getting desperate over this.
They want to win every week. Nothing is changing when they come to Jax except maybe things actually being easier for them when they get Kelce back this week.

Nothing changes for the Jags either.
Just outscore them and get a few stops.

I feel no anxiety that wasn't already there.

(09-08-2023, 12:16 PM)Hetfield Wrote: Not too happy about the Chiefs’ loss, though it was my pick.  Those guys are gonna be out for blood next week, probably with Kelsey.  That game is similar to my concern with the Colts.  Did you see how that Detroit OL just imposed its will?  If the Indy OL can do something like that, we could be in trouble…

I don't know about all of that now. I think Detroit's offensive line had it's fair share of up's and down's last night. Sewell was flagged for holding and for unsportsmanlike conduct. At times they were struggling to create running lanes. Bolton at one point completely shot the gap, blew up the RB assigned to block him and drew a flag for being tripped.

They would have been in a lot more trouble last night had Chris Jones been playing. Also, keep in mind, Toney spotted them 7 points with a trip drill that went back all the way with Branch. Detroit, despite good numbers on paper, they had a lot of issues. I don't see the clots remotely in the same caliber as Detroit, but, Detroit was far from dominate last night.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-07-2023, 08:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: "Rumbling, bumbling, stumbling.  He could, go, all, the, way."

RW McQuarters nickels and dimes his way to the endzone. You’re in good hands with Mike Allstot….BBBFFF BBBBBFFF BBBBBFFFFFF

Curtis my favorite Martin. Marshall Marshall Marshall.