Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1: Jags in Indy

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2023, 01:07 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Thoughts?  First thought for me is who will the Colts play at QB.  I'd much rather play AR.  AR has horrible accuracy and I think Mike Cladwell will be able to call a defense that will be able to confuse AR in his first NFL game.  First priority will be stopping the run.  On offense I just don't see the Colts corners being able to cover our WRs.  I see Ridley having a huge game in his first game back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll speculate after camp.
Looks good on paper for the Jags RN, but lots can change between now and Sept.

Odds of the rookie QB there looking good early on are not good.

Richardson will pull it down and go for 60, even with a spy. There are no gimmies in the NFL.

Idk man Minshew is pretty good in week 1 with Indy involved. Gimie the rookie

AR’s one of those guys who will initially look pretty flashy due to his athleticism but once defensive coordinators get a little tape on him, he’ll slow down considerably. I kinda hope we’ll get Minshew to start the season. He’s kind of a known quantity and a player that’s not really ever going to play above the numbers. I suspect we’ll see him in the opener.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I’m betting minshew is going to start. He’s a solid QBs as most of us should agree.

(05-13-2023, 03:18 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: AR’s one of those guys who will initially look pretty flashy due to his athleticism but once defensive coordinators get a little tape on him, he’ll slow down considerably. I kinda hope we’ll get Minshew to start the season. He’s kind of a known quantity and a player that’s not really ever going to play above the numbers. I suspect we’ll see him in the opener.

Very much what I was thinking. 

If Richardson plays i wouldn't be massively surprised if we fumbled that one actually! Itd certainly be a good wee early test for our team and Trevor to hit a good level early  put teams away!

But we've all seen rookies come in first game, at home, tails up and play out of their skins (cough, ahem even CJ Henderson managed that  Big Grin ) ... only to steadily slow as the season goes on and teams get their hands on tape. Especially when the kid looks like a playmaker rather than a safe pair of hands at this point and we wern't exactly hammering opposition qbs last year! Interesting to see how the Colts play it!

We never have been great playing in Indy, last time we won there was 2017 and 2012. Being the first game of the season there will be plenty of hiccups and miscues for both teams so I see this being a toss up, making this game more critical to start 1-0

I am really neutral on who Indy starts in that first game. I am more concerned with how we execute as a team. No matter who they start our execution will determine if we win.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Little early for week 1 talk isn't it? This will be a much better topic in 3 1/2 months from now.

A whole lot can happen during that time frame. I mean they haven't even started OTA Offseason workouts yet (start May 22).

Minshew probably gets the start, but they will work Richardson in on some jet sweep handoffs, and some RPO stuff.

(05-13-2023, 06:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Little early for week 1 talk isn't it? This will be a much better topic in 3 1/2 months from now.

A whole lot can happen during that time frame. I mean they haven't even started OTA Offseason workouts yet (start May 22).

It's never to early for week 1 talk after the schedule is released.

(05-13-2023, 06:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 06:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Little early for week 1 talk isn't it? This will be a much better topic in 3 1/2 months from now.

It's never to early for week 1 talk after the schedule is released.

They don't play that game for another 4 months. I couldn't careless about the colts game, or any of the games right now. I'm far more worried about them getting through OTAs, Minicamps, Training Camp and the Preseason healthy.

One day at a time.

I’m about to start a week 7 against the Saints thread.

Never too early to discuss week 7.

I'm thinking they try to run the Giants game plan against us.

At least we'll have the chance to show whether we've grown to be able to stop a college offense with a QB that can't make the reads or the throws.

I read an article somewhere that the clots plan on starting Richardson immediately..

And I hope he gets crushed..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(05-13-2023, 07:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

***Official 2024 Draft Thread***

(05-13-2023, 07:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 07:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m about to start a week 7 against the Saints thread.

Never too early for draft talk!

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2023, 07:32 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-13-2023, 07:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Please do, because I will be there

(05-13-2023, 07:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I read an article somewhere that the clots plan on starting Richardson immediately..

Irsay said that right after they drafted him.  But that will be ultimately up to the coaches

(05-13-2023, 07:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 07:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m about to start a week 7 against the Saints thread.

You're in the wrong forum!!

(05-13-2023, 07:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Please do, because I will be there

(05-13-2023, 07:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I read an article somewhere that the clots plan on starting Richardson immediately..

Irsay said that right after they drafted him.  But that will be ultimately up to the coaches

(05-13-2023, 07:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: ***Official 2024 Draft Thread***

You're in the wrong forum!!

Thanks for that.. Thought the clots were going to do some kinda online fan poll..

Text the word, "jackass" to vote for Richardson..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]