Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2 talk: KC vs Jax

(09-15-2023, 03:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: Junior and Johnson are both out.  It's going to be Kelce vs. Herndon and Lloyd again.  We've seen this movie before.

I would shadow him with Campbell all game. The others can handle the WRs
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-15-2023, 03:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 03:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: Junior and Johnson are both out.  It's going to be Kelce vs. Herndon and Lloyd again.  We've seen this movie before.

I would double him the whole game with Lloyd and Jenkins/Cisco. I wouldn't let him out of my sights. He's constantly manned by Lloyd and depending on whichever side he lines up on or motions to it's on the safety to help out. 

They'll try and get him in motion and get him open but you have to stay on him in man coverage and hope that Campbell and Williams can handle the WR's on their own. The front four have to effect Mahomes on their own and Oluokon is going to have to spy Mahomes and be accountable for the RB's leaking out of the backfield or running out into the flats. 

Keep everything tight, and in front of you, but, you know Mahomes is going to be looking for Kelce the whole time. I just don't want to see him getting any free or clean releases. Failing to challenge him, rough him up or getting your hands on him at the line of scrimmage is just criminally insane at this point.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-15-2023, 03:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Problem there is now you have Herndon playing the sideline routes and we've seen that movie too.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-15-2023, 06:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: 10 Must-Do Things for Victory in the Chiefs vs. Jaguars NFL Home Opener

Between Lawrence's ability to throw deep while running to either side, and Etienne's ability to make something out of nothing, I think we can mitigate the damage Chris Jones is going to do.  But I don't see a solution on the Mahomes-Kelce problem.  We just have to hope that a few of our healthy players are significantly better today than they were last tear.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-15-2023, 06:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 06:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: 10 Must-Do Things for Victory in the Chiefs vs. Jaguars NFL Home Opener

Between Lawrence's ability to throw deep while running to either side, and Etienne's ability to make something out of nothing, I think we can mitigate the damage Chris Jones is going to do.  But I don't see a solution on the Mahomes-Kelce problem.  We just have to hope that a few of our healthy players are significantly better today than they were last tear.

Those are definitely our offensive strengths. 

Stay on Kelce like glue and don’t let him pull off his magical disappear/reappear act.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2023, 07:46 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

Granted Jones is playing but I can’t see how he’s in ‘game shape’ after holding out and this being his first game.

And I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express in Pittsburgh.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-15-2023, 06:02 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 03:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I would shadow him with Campbell all game. The others can handle the WRs

Problem there is now you have Herndon playing the sideline routes and we've seen that movie too.

KC has no talent at WR, I'd rather have Campbell shadow Kelce than Herndon doing it. Only other scenario that scares me is Toney on Herndon, Tre has a bad track record with quick WRs.

(09-15-2023, 07:43 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Granted Jones is playing but I can’t see how he’s in ‘game shape’ after holding out and this being his first game.

Could say the same for Ridley. I'd still worry about Jones regardless.

(09-15-2023, 09:26 PM)Jagulars Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 07:43 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Granted Jones is playing but I can’t see how he’s in ‘game shape’ after holding out and this being his first game.

Jones has barely practiced. Ridley had the entire off season and training camp to get in game shape.

Jones likely won’t be fully himself yet but it won’t matter as much because he’s a beast.

I see the Herndon haters are out tonight. Kelce Will get his either way.

(09-15-2023, 10:44 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I see the Herndon haters are out tonight. Kelce Will get his either way.

Drama queen alert.

I don't mind Kelce and Jones being back. I want the best giving us their best shot. These games are the learning curve we will lean on in the playoffs 

My only worry is the reaction whichever way this game goes. We lose and we aren't in that top tier of AFC teams and aren't a worry come playoffs, we win and it will be SB talk. I like us going under the radar and those outside the building not realising just how much this team is improving.

Well we don't have to worry about Chad Henne coming into the game and going 99 yards on us again so we good.

(09-16-2023, 03:06 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Well we don't have to worry about Chad Henne coming into the game and going 99 yards on us again so we good.

That was so [BLEEP] annoying to watch

(09-16-2023, 03:06 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Well we don't have to worry about Chad Henne coming into the game and going 99 yards on us again so we good.

I really hope to never see such a thing ever again.

It might even be worse if Gabbert does it lol

(09-15-2023, 09:26 PM)Jagulars Wrote:

Huh?  You do know Ridley had a full pre-season practicing with the team and getting game reps.  Sure you could say it about Ridley, but you’d be wrong saying it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-16-2023, 09:26 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 09:26 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Could say the same for Ridley. I'd still worry about Jones regardless.

Huh?  You do know Ridley had a full pre-season practicing with the team and getting game reps.  Sure you could say it about Ridley, but you’d be wrong saying it.

I'm sure Chris Jones has been staying in shape as did Ridley... Now is he in "football" shape? That is the question, my guess is he will be on a pitch count and they may even keep him limited/fresh until the 2nd half.

So fired up for this game.

It's odd, because my brain knows that we should lose and our O-line is not in a good place right now, but I'm still amped to see if we're any closer to knocking down the AFC big dogs.