Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2 talk: KC vs Jax

Probably our most important Week 2 game in Jags history.  We can get revenge on the SB Champs and the team that put us out of the playoffs last year.  If we can go to 2-0 and put KC 0-2 it would be huge.  I'll be there next week, can't wait.  Could be a statement game!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Isn’t it a bit early for this? Good grief.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Next week is just another game. Last time we got revenge (Pats) we then proceeded to get all impressed with ourselves and went into the tank the rest of the season.

Also Texans and Titans lost today so we are the only team in the division with a win...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(09-10-2023, 05:36 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Isn’t it a bit early for this?  Good grief.
For real. Let’s enjoy today.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2023, 05:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Not at all.  It's next week

(09-10-2023, 05:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
For real. Let’s enjoy today.

Oh I am, I'm able to enjoy the win today and also discuss next week's game.  It's not hard

(09-10-2023, 05:40 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Next week is just another game. Last time we got revenge (Pats) we then proceeded to get all impressed with ourselves and went into the tank the rest of the season.

Also Texans and Titans lost today so we are the only team in the division with a win...

Yup, can't wait.  I got tickets to the Saints game as well.

Not too early, this game we expected to win.

The Chiefs match up more favorable with us than the Clots, especially without Chris Jones.

Open up CK, feed Travis, and throw more deep balls. Allen needs to have another big game

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2023, 05:52 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-10-2023, 05:47 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Not too early, this game we expected to win.

The Chiefs match up more favorable with us than the Clots, especially without Chris Jones.

Open up CK, feed Travis, and throw more deep balls. Allen needs to have another big game

Exactly, need Walker to have a good game as well

Just need to see if Kelce is playing and if Jones is resigned and activated sometime this week.

Both of our offenses looked flat and turned the football over. They got a 3 day headstart with rest as well.

If we win this game. I'll be impressed. If we lose this game. I'll be fine. This is one of the five games I expect us to lose this year.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Had this chalked up as a loss weeks ago

Probably will be

Jags execution on offense and defense would have to change radically from week one to stay in this game IMO
way too much slop vs colts

Not confident that all gets fixed in a week.

If Jones is back its game over. Our IOL was putrid in indy.

(09-10-2023, 08:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Had this chalked up as a loss weeks ago

Probably will be

Jags execution on offense and defense would have to change radically from week one to stay in this game IMO

Eh, Week 1 is always a bit of a crapshoot. Doug said and is right, it takes time to get well-oiled. Maybe we don't win, but I don't think we'll be as sloppy.

Prediction for week 2=they kick the ball away from Agnew.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Every year there is one team that begin HOT. They go like 6-0 or such, then proceed to flame out. This is a marathon we have 16 more games left.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Probably will be

Did you see the Chiefs? Heck most of the games this weekend are sloppy play, tons of miscues from every game.  It’s to be expected. Next week is a crapshoot, I think we win.

(09-10-2023, 08:30 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Prediction for week 2=they kick the ball away from Agnew.

They did that today

I honestly expect a loss.

I hope the Jags prove me wrong though.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-10-2023, 08:35 PM)MojoKing Wrote:

Probably will be

Did you see the Chiefs? Heck most of the games this weekend are sloppy play, tons of miscues from every game.  It’s to be expected. Next week is a crapshoot, I think we win.

I'm with you I think we can win people are just scared to say it. Regardless a win or loss doesn't make it break the season it's week two. 

I think KC is going to struggle offensively until Kleece is back in the fold fully. I think our biggest problem is going to be the offensive protection again, KC front 7 will set records against our 5 lineman unless something drastically changes between this week and next week. 

I expect lots of bubble screens and quick slants to combat the pressure TL is going to feel.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-10-2023, 08:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 08:30 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Prediction for week 2=they kick the ball away from Agnew.

They did that today

Swagnew still did his thing tho

Victory Monday.. the KC game is bigger for the city I think than any "revenge" scenario. It is the kind of game that can be the determining factor of where our playoff game against them would be played. It should be an emotional game. Have to keep our heads on straight and get to work because the Colts game was pretty sloppy most of the game.

Probably will be

I think they got caught looking ahead a bit. They woke up enough to get the W which is what counts. Now, coming home to a crowd that should be fired up, they should be firing on all cylinders.

I don’t know if it’ll make a difference. KC will be desperate to avoid going 0-2 and our OL is still a weak point but you never know.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2023, 09:44 AM by imtheblkranger.)

I fully expect the offense will operate better next week. As mentioned, we do match up better against KC, at least in our current form. Our IOL needs to step it up big time, but without Chris Jones I think they'll look better. Buckner is just a dominant DT and without Jones, they don't have that. Hell we would have won the playoff game last year if they were without Jones and I don't think they're a better roster this year.

I expect Kirk will be more involved, we force fed Ridley a lot which I feel was by design. If we can create pressure like we did yesterday (and last year for that matter against KC) I think we can slow them down. I feel pretty good knowing we knocked off some rust in a road divisional win and get to fine tune that coming home this week. Mahomes can run, but there isn't the threat of a designed run every play like with AR so Allen/Walker can focus a LITTLE bit more on pure rushing.

Let's not get it twisted though, KC is going to fix a lot of their problems as well and I could see some early focus to get Toney involved if he shows them in practice he just had an off day. My biggest concern (besides Mahomes) is Kelce and how we handle that.

Despite our issues yesterday, we still scored 31 offensive points and when we needed to our guys offensively and defensively stepped up.

(09-11-2023, 04:30 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Probably will be

I think they got caught looking ahead a bit. They woke up enough to get the W which is what counts. Now, coming home to a crowd that should be fired up, they should be firing on all cylinders.

I don’t know if it’ll make a difference. KC will be desperate to avoid going 0-2 and our OL is still a weak point but you never know.

It appeared that way. I think they expected more early struggle from AR and a little more ease of the rushing game. I noticed we had a couple series of 3-4 rushes in a row which I found odd. Looked to me that were trying to hammer out that run blocking in-game to correct it. I think Trevor pressed a bit in the late second/third quarters trying to get that "never won in Indy" monkey off his back. He was still fantastic and made some ridiculous throws, but they just seemed a little off there in the middle of the game. Should have won this by more than 10 points.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS