Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
For those blaiming the coaches for the failed 1st and Goal

Looks like the blame lands strictly on Lawrence. Lawrence is my guy and he makes more good plays than bad ones. It's also good to call him out when he was dead wrong.  That stupid Failed bootleg was on Lawrence

https://x.com/Demetrius82/status/1703839...09903?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-18-2023, 06:12 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Looks like the blame lands strictly on Lawrence. Lawrence is my guy and he makes more good plays than bad ones. It's also good to call him out when he was dead wrong.  That stupid Failed bootleg was on Lawrence

Lawrence had 4 or 5 unforced errors yesterday, including that audible. 

He's also scored that way in the past so... I don't know how big of a deal that one is to me.  
There was more than one opportunity to score during that redzone trip.

Unless I'm thinking of the wrong play, it wasn't a bootleg, it was an RPO and he pulled it. He read the end and they somewhat collapsed but they did not commit enough. He was unable to beat him and the safety. I think the RB ended up in the endzone.

He should have handed it off.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Feel like all last year was about trying to show Lawrence he had what it takes and build up his confidence. It seems like hes trying to do just that, but it didn't work.

We lost yesterday and should of won.... against the Chiefs. Yes, they are kinda struggling at the moment, but there isn't many years behind us that we could say we played like crap and still almost beat the Superbowl champs.

Last year was about getting the ship on the right path.
This year is about refining and fixing minor mistakes.
Next year we should be in a good position to push for the ultimate goal.
In Dougie I Trust!

(09-19-2023, 08:00 AM)Hurricane Wrote: Feel like all last year was about trying to show Lawrence he had what it takes and build up his confidence. It seems like hes trying to do just that, but it didn't work.

We lost yesterday and should of won.... against the Chiefs. Yes, they are kinda struggling at the moment, but there isn't many years behind us that we could say we played like crap and still almost beat the Superbowl champs.

I agree a little bit. I’m starting to feel like Ridley is changing the way the offense is called. Kirk and Jones have new roles. Lawrence force fed Ridley against the Colts. Robinson is not playing, Taylor went to the Chiefs, Bartch took Shatley’s spot. Scherff is playing injured. Little went from playing RT to LT.

I don’t know. It just seemed like both Pederson and Taylor had their heads up their [BLEEP] most of the game.

(09-19-2023, 10:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don’t know. It just seemed like both Pederson and Taylor had their heads up their [BLEEP] most of the game.

It's kind of a double edged sword of failure.

**Trevor, the receivers, and the OL did not execute the calls that WERE made well enough to score. 

**The OC/HC could have made better decisions situationally to put those players in a better position to succeed on individual calls and overall possession strategy. 

They both screwed up. Fix one of the two and we likely win. 
Fix both and we win that game in glorious fashion.

(09-19-2023, 11:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 10:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don’t know. It just seemed like both Pederson and Taylor had their heads up their [BLEEP] most of the game.

**Trevor, the receivers, and the OL did not execute the calls that WERE made well enough to score. 

**The OC/HC could have made better decisions situationally to put those players in a better position to succeed on individual calls and overall possession strategy. 

Exactly. You can't always play above the X's and O's and expect to win but your coaching staff should be able to make in-game adjustments to correct the course. Felt like neither side was ready on Sunday except for the defense and special teams.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-18-2023, 06:12 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Looks like the blame lands strictly on Lawrence. Lawrence is my guy and he makes more good plays than bad ones. It's also good to call him out when he was dead wrong.  That stupid Failed bootleg was on Lawrence

I called naked bootleg left when they broke the huddle.  Granted I was 8 beers into a 12 pack and had just finished my 3rd chili cheese dog.  Just imagine if I were a fine tuned athlete that had studied game film.  Oh wait!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(09-19-2023, 10:49 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 08:00 AM)Hurricane Wrote: Feel like all last year was about trying to show Lawrence he had what it takes and build up his confidence. It seems like hes trying to do just that, but it didn't work.

I agree a little bit. I’m starting to feel like Ridley is changing the way the offense is called. Kirk and Jones have new roles. Lawrence force fed Ridley against the Colts. Robinson is not playing, Taylor went to the Chiefs, Bartch took Shatley’s spot. Scherff is playing injured. Little went from playing RT to LT.

Still the same offense. 
Yes, Ridley affects some calls and he should. That's why they traded for him. 

Zay's role has changed a tiny bit, but not much. He already bounced between X and Z positions and he still does.
Just a bit more Z now.  Ridley simply gets a primary read on some of those same plays from last year now, plus a few new ones. 

Kirk's role didn't change at all. Not a bit. They just didn't call as many plays in week one that had the Y receiver on the field. He played a low # of snaps week one and was totally in 2022 form vs the chefs.

(09-19-2023, 11:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Agreed but I am not panicking nor wringing my hands this year like I did last.  I have faith they will right the ship and the offense will quit pressing so hard and just play football.  I believe the players look at what they are as a team and feel they should put up 35 points every game much as we the fans do and they are pressing too hard.  Doug is too good of a coach to not get them to relax.  Might be this week or two weeks from now but this team will get untracked, get a rhythm going and become the team we all know it can be.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

How bout the 4th and 5 at the 50 with 3 minutes left when we were up 3-0 and our offensive line had been getting demolished? All while our Defense were absolute Monsters?

How do you gas light us from that play?

(09-19-2023, 05:44 PM)carp8dm Wrote: How bout the 4th and 5 at the 50 with 3 minutes left when we were up 3-0 and our offensive line had been getting demolished?    All while our Defense were absolute Monsters?

Pederson has since said they should not have gone for it there. 

They shouldn't have. 

Who is gas lighting you, and how?

It's weird when you watch the company line get disseminated as a Talking Point. I worked for a Multi-National Corporation in the early 2000s that had fingers in almost anything. And at least once a year there was a crisis. I just graduated from college with a degree and they hired me as middle management. Dude, there were always "key words" or "talking points". And we were made to force those underneath us to not just memorize, but internalize these key words and talking points.

"we didn't execute" is this week's key word. The lack of executions is this week's talking point. We're all parroting those same damn talking points.

What the hell does execute mean in terms of trash offensive line play?!?! No matter how great an under performing O-Lineman is trying to execute, his lack of talent is the reason he failed. He failed because he wasn't good enough. Maybe he'll get better over time. Harrison, for instance. But it wasn't "execution" that was the issue. Dude is just not good enough right now. And guess what, the Coaching Staff still put him out there.

Trevor Lawrence's decision to run sideline on 1st and 1 from the goal line is not an execution problem. That's a damned decision problem. Just because it wasn't the Coaching staff to blame for the bad decision doesn't mean that it wasn't a terrible decision!!!

4th and 5 at the 50 when the entire O-Line has been being handed their [BLEEP] and deciding to have Kirk run a dig out (a dig route takes at least 2.5 seconds to break free) isn't an execution problem!!!! These are issues with decision making. We are not lacking talent. Baalke has given this team talent. This is a team that will win games just sheerely based on how much better our players are.

But the more I look at the film. And the more I listen to the excuses, the more I see that they are just BS'ing us. Execution wasn't the problem. This loss was 100% on the decision making.

On to Houston.

Doug had alot of criticism in Philly for being too loyal to his hirees.

If this moron continues calling stupid plays and Doug doesnt strip him out of his duties I'm going to be upset.

(09-19-2023, 05:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 05:44 PM)carp8dm Wrote: How bout the 4th and 5 at the 50 with 3 minutes left when we were up 3-0 and our offensive line had been getting demolished?    All while our Defense were absolute Monsters?

Pederson has since said they should not have gone for it there. 

They shouldn't have. 

Did you see the title of this thread?  If not, please go back and look at it...

The fact that Doug is accepting accountability is great!  I hope that means he's going to change things.  But let's not ignore that he also said that the play calling and decision making on Sunday was good.

I'm not being a contrarian.  I'm just pointing out that there are clearly cracks in the coaching philosophy right now that needs to be addressed.  I'm not even calling for a termination of anyone.  But anyone that is viewing what's going on should realize there are issues that need to be addressed.  The fact that he tried to blow it off Sunday evening and is now acknowledging it, is a good thing.

But this thread was created to pretend that all the criticism some people had on Sunday is silly.  That's the absolute definition of gas lighting.  And the fact that Doug acknowledged his mistake 2 days later, but defending his OC and his decisions on Sunday is absolutely gas lighting.  You get that, right?

(09-19-2023, 06:11 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: Doug had alot of criticism in Philly for being too loyal to his hirees.

If this moron continues calling stupid plays and Doug doesnt strip him out of his duties I'm going to be upset.

Wow!  One poor performance and one loss and some of you bail on what Pederson has accomplished here. This franchise needs better fans.

(09-19-2023, 06:15 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 05:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Pederson has since said they should not have gone for it there. 

They shouldn't have. 

Did you see the title of this thread?  If not, please go back and look at it...

The fact that Doug is accepting accountability is great!  I hope that means he's going to change things.  But let's not ignore that he also said that the play calling and decision making on Sunday was good.

I'm not being a contrarian.  I'm just pointing out that there are clearly cracks in the coaching philosophy right now that needs to be addressed.  I'm not even calling for a termination of anyone.  But anyone that is viewing what's going on should realize there are issues that need to be addressed.  The fact that he tried to blow it off Sunday evening and is now acknowledging it, is a good thing.

But this thread was created to pretend that all the criticism some people had on Sunday is silly.  That's the absolute definition of gas lighting.  And the fact that Doug acknowledged his mistake 2 days later, but defending his OC and his decisions on Sunday is absolutely gas lighting.  You get that, right?

Well, I'm so glad you aren't even calling for termination after literally one loss ( to the super bowl champions.)
How impressively reserved of you. 
How did you ever repress your rage enough to be so carefully measured in your demands for rectification? 

LOL

You're overreacting, dude. 
Take a few really deep breaths. 

Coaches with good character rarely throw their assistants or players under the bus. 
Pederson didn't tell you exactly what you think you needed to hear, but you should probably get used to that. 
They air their dirty laundry internally. Not at press conferences. 

We are 1 and 1.

Let it play out a bit before you lose your marbles.

(09-19-2023, 06:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 06:15 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Did you see the title of this thread?  If not, please go back and look at it...

Well, I'm so glad you aren't even calling for termination after literally one loss ( to the super bowl champions.)
How did you ever repress your rage enough to be so carefully measured in your demands for rectification? 

LOL

Coaches with good character rarely throw their assistants or players under the bus. 
Pederson didn't tell you exactly what you think you needed to hear, but you should probably get used to that. 

We are 1 and 1.

I need a pound of FLESH!!!!  LOL.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c

Dude, I get it.  Yeah, I'm kinda hyper critical on some points.  But I think other points I'm making are valid.

Either way, I don't see how we lose on Sunday.  We're fine.  We have a potential HOF QB.  And we have a potential HOF HC.  But...  And this is the point I'm trying to make.....  Pederson isn't going to be an HOF HC if he doesn't really take over the offense like he did last year.  Press isn't ready to take over an offense.  He's just not.  That's my whole point.  Pederson needs to hold Press' hand a bit longer.

(09-19-2023, 06:37 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 06:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Well, I'm so glad you aren't even calling for termination after literally one loss ( to the super bowl champions.)

LOL

We are 1 and 1.

I need a pound of FLESH!!!!  LOL.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c

Dude, I get it.  Yeah, I'm kinda hyper critical on some points.  But I think other points I'm making are valid.

Either way, I don't see how we lose on Sunday.  We're fine.  We have a potential HOF QB.  And we have a potential HOF HC.  But...  And this is the point I'm trying to make.....  Pederson isn't going to be an HOF HC if he doesn't really take over the offense like he did last year.  Press isn't ready to take over an offense.  He's just not.  That's my whole point.  Pederson needs to hold Press' hand a bit longer.

Agree on the bolded. 
I'm OK with the HC letting his OC call plays. 
That's how it is supposed to work. 
But if he ain't ready, he ain't ready.