Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 3 talk: Houston vs Jax

Doug also said he would not comment on his injury until Hamilton addresses it himself.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-22-2023, 12:52 PM)icey14 Wrote: Doug also said he would not comment on his injury until Hamilton addresses it himself.

Slipped a disc during baby making time?  Laughing

From what they were speculating on the radio, it’s an injection point inserted into a vein. I don’t know what the medical term is for it. If so, perhaps he is being treated for an infection.

I don’t know. My Holiday Inn Express membership level doesn’t allow for that kind of knowledge. Maybe someone on here with a medical background could offer an educated guess.

(09-22-2023, 04:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: From what they were speculating on the radio, it’s an injection point inserted into a vein. I don’t know what the medical term is for it. If so, perhaps he is being treated for an infection.

I don’t know. My Holiday Inn Express membership level doesn’t allow for that kind of knowledge. Maybe someone on here with a medical background could offer an educated guess.

No expert , but having a port for repeated intravenous injections is common for a wide range of illnesses, infections, cancers, literally hundreds of different conditions that may require frequent administration of medicine.

If it is in his arm, it is likely some type of port-a-cath.

FTR - I am not trying to speculate that he has cancer, but these things are common for chemo treatment.

Zay Jones ruled out.

Tim “Him” Jones up next

at least they can just wear the same jersey for Fantsay Teams haha

(09-22-2023, 04:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Zay Jones ruled out.

Tim “Him” Jones up next

Tbh send in elijah cooks

Especially with his height he can be a force in the red zone

(09-22-2023, 09:28 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(09-22-2023, 04:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Zay Jones ruled out.

Tim “Him” Jones up next

Tbh send in elijah cooks

Shouldn't matter against the scrub DBs the tinhorns have healthy

(09-22-2023, 10:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-22-2023, 09:28 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Tbh send in elijah cooks

Shouldn't matter against the scrub DBs the tinhorns have healthy

You aren’t  wrong.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2023, 09:24 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

This will be the weakest group of DTs we face all year. If we can't run on the Texans we likely won't be able to run the football all year. We need to try to run the ball to set up the pass. I'd like to see a number of heavy packages to see what our interior can do. Our oline needs a mean streak. It's a mind set and the best way to start getting some confidence in this oline is running the football. I'd like to see 30 carries between Etienne and Bigsby. Perryman is out as well

(09-23-2023, 09:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This will be the weakest group of DTs we face all year. If we can't run on the Texans we likely won't be able to run the football all year. We need to try to run the ball to set up the pass. I'd like to see a number of heavy packages to see what our interior can do. Our oline needs a mean streak. It's a mind set and the best way to start getting some confidence in this oline is running the football. I'd like to see 30 carries between Etienne and Bigsby. Perryman is out as well

Agreed, running the ball is necessary and should've been done more last week.

Alas, it's a Divisional game and anything can happen. They beat us at home last year.

With that said, I hope we come out making the Texans want to forfeit by the end of the first quarter.

(09-22-2023, 04:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-22-2023, 04:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: From what they were speculating on the radio, it’s an injection point inserted into a vein. I don’t know what the medical term is for it. If so, perhaps he is being treated for an infection.

No expert , but having a port for repeated intravenous injections is common for a wide range of illnesses, infections, cancers, literally hundreds of different conditions that may require frequent administration of medicine.

If it is in his arm, it is likely some type of port-a-cath.

FTR - I am not trying to speculate that he has cancer, but these things are common for chemo treatment.

PICC line most likely, it's a more durable IV. Ports are for long term treatment like chemo, those require a surgical placement by a surgeon or Interventional Radiologist. and stay in the chest for several months. The PICC is usually for infection and can be placed by a nurse.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Anyone hoping the Jags change their offense hasn’t been paying attention.

Even when Trevor was struggling last year, the offense never changed. It’s a pass first offense and it’ll be that way all season.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2023, 12:02 PM by JaguarJosh2.)

We're on the need it list this week. It's only Week 3, but this can't be a play down to our opponent and lose game. Otherwise, it's time to drastically lower expectations.

(09-23-2023, 12:01 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: We're on the need it list this week.  It's only Week 3,  but this can't be a play down to our opponent and lose game.  Otherwise,  it's time to drastically lower expectations.

No doubt. Playing down to our opponent's level has been a trademark of Jaguars football for years. We need to demolish the tinhorns in order to move on from KC and to establish organizational identity.

Jags just elevated Jacob Harris from the practice squad to be a gameday active.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2023, 04:11 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-23-2023, 03:01 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Jags just elevated Jacob Harris from the practice squad to be a gameday active.
Interesting. He got the nod over Cooks? With Zay out I think Tim is already in. Must meen Washington and Cooks are inactive.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(09-22-2023, 09:05 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 10:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: And it looks like Shaq Griffin will be starting on the outside.....

Hope he don't hurt his back

(09-22-2023, 12:09 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Mine is in about an hour.

I’ve made another trip around the sun.

Congration

You done it
Happy belated Rico. My wife's birthday was yesterday as well. Fixing to celebrate tonight though here shortly.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

So Tunsil is out tomorrow for them as well? Sheeeesh. 4 out of 5 starting lineman are out tomorrow for them. We should feast on this team. No excuses. The defense has to show it's no fluke from the last two weeks.

This is THE team you absolutely clobber at home. I expect a blowout now. 35+ points scored in a variety of ways. I would be shocked if we let them score 14+. I hope it's one of those games where their offense doesn't cross midfield until it's the 4th quarter against back up's.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Tinhorns fielding a makeshift OLine like us. Stars are aligning for us to dominate, so I'm sure it will be a depressing outing.

Gameday thread posted about an hour and some change early. Didn’t want to sit up until midnight. Going to the bank tomorrow.