Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ridley

We need to stop giving him so many targets.  He is hurting the offense overall. A more balanced approach like last year where there isn’t a clear #1 is needed.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah I agree. Spread it out. TEs need to be involved.

The first half has been his worst performance in a Jaguar uniform.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

I'd be 100% focused on ETN, Engram and Kirk 2nd half if it were my call

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2023, 02:47 PM by carp8dm.)

How dare all of you.

We run up the middle from shot gun on 1st and 10.

Then after that we're throw something short on the flat, or we go deep to Ridley.

This is the way we do things here. If you are not into our game plan, maybe you aren't a jaguar.

Sure. 2nd down won't be successful, but then we'll make sure to throw the ball behind the sticks to ensure that we don't get the first down. That is the jaguar way.

Ohhh, on first play of the 2nd half, we didn't run ETN up the middle.

But on the next first down we did.

I swear to god, that's all we do.

ETN up the middle from shotgun on 1st down...

ETN up the middle from shotgun on first down.

It's just what we do

(09-24-2023, 02:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd be 100% focused on ETN, Engram and Kirk 2nd half if it were my call

Yep. Kirk and Engram are money players who seem to have become afterthoughts.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I wanted to post this thread after the last game too.

It’s so obvious that we’re trying to force things to him almost like we owe him something.
Spread it out and let Trevor make the decisions.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(09-24-2023, 02:59 PM)SuperJville Wrote: I wanted to post this thread after the last game too.

It’s so obvious that we’re trying to force things to him almost like we owe him something.
Spread it out and let Trevor make the decisions.

Right?  Where's Engram?   Where's Kirk?  Where's the wheel route to the RB (preferbly Hastey)?

Naw this isn't the same Offense we ran last year.  

This is garbage time offense.  Yeah, some of it is on execution.  But there is a lot of it on the fact that we're just not doing what we did last year.  And last year was pretty good.  Why did we stop doing those formations and play calls????

Instead, it's all bunched up and run on 1st down from shotgun.  Last year, I didn't know what we were gonna run.  This year, I can bet money on what we do on 1st and 10.  And I can guarantee you that on 2nd or 3rd down we'll throw behind the sticks.

That's just what we do.  We are conservative now.  We have not imagination on offense.  This team looks just like the Blaine Gabbert years from the 2010's

He's just got to catch the damn ball! He's getting open. On the pi he dropped the ball again.

Ridley is messing up the flow of the offense. Give me Kirk and Jones back.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2023, 05:04 PM by SuperJville.)

Ridley dripping the touchdown in the first quarter was the momentum shift.

We miss a FG, they get the ball in good field position, their WR catches the ball on the deep throw, and they score.

Should’ve been 7-0 Jaguars instead it’s 7-0 Texans. To me, that play was the momentum changer and killed us from the start.

He’s got like 5 catches for 60 yards the last two games on 15 targets.

That’s awful

I don't know about momentum being so important that early in a game - but Ridley absolutely needs to get his [BLEEP] together

Too many drops the past two weeks

totally unacceptable

Agree with everyone. The rhythm of the offense has completely changed with Ridley here. We focus too much on him and don't spread around to the others. What made us deadly in our stretch run is that at any moment Zay, Kirk, Ingram, and even Marvin could make a huge play. And Lawrence seemed to do a better job looking for the best matchup and the open man. Now it feels like we're trying to force feed Ridley. Plus doesn't help that he didnt play well last week and was awful today. If he was playing like a true number 1 then it would make more sense to have him be the primary target. But not only is he not playing like a 1, he is actively hurting the offense. If he had sat on the bench all game we would have been better off.

(09-24-2023, 05:16 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Agree with everyone.  The rhythm of the offense has completely changed with Ridley here.  We focus too much on him and don't spread around to the others.  What made us deadly in our stretch run is that at any moment Zay, Kirk, Ingram, and even Marvin could make a huge play.  And Lawrence seemed to do a better job looking for the best matchup and the open man.  Now it feels like we're trying to force feed Ridley.  Plus doesn't help that he didnt play well last week and was awful today.  If he was playing like a true number 1 then it would make more sense to have him be the primary target.  But not only is he not playing like a 1, he is actively hurting the offense.  If he had sat on the bench all game we would have been better off.

I was wanting to bench him at halftime. Total liability today on offense.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

The best thing we had last year was chemistry. All the guys has a good role and everyone thrived.

Multiple people throughout the year stepped up in big moments.

Then Ridley comes on board and just gets handed the #1 job and starts getting the bulk of the targets. I’m sure some of the guys are pretty mad about it.

The chemistry on offense is off. That’s the biggest takeaway I have so far 3 games into the year.

And I don’t want to see Agnew get another snap on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-24-2023, 06:02 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: And I don’t want to see Agnew get another snap on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This x1000.

I like Agnew, however butterfingers has contributed to our losses with his untimely fumbles and its time to end this charade with him.

(09-24-2023, 06:02 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: And I don’t want to see Agnew get another snap on offense.

I have no idea why they are so hellbent on forcing this Agnew experiment. He is a fumble machine and it isn't working. Keep him as a return man and move on.

(09-24-2023, 07:16 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:

I have no idea why they are so hellbent on forcing this Agnew experiment. He is a fumble machine and it isn't working. Keep him as a return man and move on.
I thought this team was deep in the WR dept, not sure whats with this weird Agnew experiment.

They see him as a home run threat. But after so many turnovers with relatively few touches I think it’s time to give up on this experiment for a while.

Zay, Kirk, and Engram please.

Maybe a few shots to Strange as well? Highly drafted and is basically a Manhertz except Manhertz is a better blocker