Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ridley

Ridley is still working his way back from two years of rust. He's flashed here and there and also let us down here and there.

I think conceptually, a discussion needs to happen weekly between the QB and WR room along with the play caller.

There needs to be a concerted effort to get these guys all involved. We saw it in the preseason with the Miami game.

The way they scheme Engram open is exactly what they need to do with Kirk, Ridley and Jones. Trevor does need to drop the tunnel vision for Ridley though.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-24-2023, 05:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't know about momentum being so important that early in a game - but Ridley absolutely needs to get his [BLEEP] together

Too many drops the past two weeks

totally unacceptable

Lags and Boselli went on and on about how you drop a TD and then they complete their long pass and you go from possibly being up 7-0 to be down 7-0 in a span of a few minutes and how the crowd just deflated. Big momentum shifter
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(09-24-2023, 08:12 PM)SuperJville Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 05:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't know about momentum being so important that early in a game - but Ridley absolutely needs to get his [BLEEP] together

totally unacceptable

Lags and Boselli went on and on about how you drop a TD and then they complete their long pass and you go from possibly being up 7-0 to be down 7-0 in a span of a few minutes and how the crowd just deflated. Big momentum shifter
Yep. As soon as Stroud hit that long one deep it took the wind out of the crowd's sails. It's aggravating. 2 weeks in a row at home just not getting it [BLEEP] done. Constantly stepping on their own [BLEEP] in front of our crowd. It makes you ill.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Ridley dropped some passee #1 guys just don't. Getting open means nothing if the catch isn't made. He needs some stickem or something.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 10:29 AM by nejagsfan. Edited 1 time in total.)

Maybe because he's open....he hasn't caught the ball.... which is disappointing..... But maybe it's because he's open

(09-24-2023, 10:06 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Maybe because he's open....he hasn't caught the ball.... witch is disappointing..... But maybe it's because he's open

Nah.  We’ve seen several replays of Trevor forcing the ball to Ridley when others are wide open (Kirk multiple times this year)
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

People need to slow up. 0 is going to be good.

I feel so bad for Engram, Kirk, and Zay

They are like the EX you shouldn’t of broken up with.

Calvin is the hot babe siren that lured you in with her looks but you knew it was wrong to jump in so fast.

Went back and watched it and Ridley got his little behind BAMMED by that CB. Kirk would’ve caught those balls and wouldn’t gVe got picked up and boomed.

Ridley sucks just like Andre Rison did in ‘96

(09-25-2023, 05:41 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Went back and watched it and Ridley got his little behind BAMMED by that CB. Kirk would’ve caught those balls and wouldn’t gVe got picked up and boomed.

Ridley sucks just like Andre Rison did in ‘96

I believe Kirk is a better all around WR than Ridley. He should be the number 1 target.

Ridley will have a tough matchup these next 2 weeks going against 2 of the better corners in the league in Terrell amd White. These next 2 games Kirk has the potential to have a big game. With Doug calling plays I think we ould see some more 2 TE sets if Strange had some good practices this week

Ridley is the most talented WR we've had since J Smooth. Some of you need to pump the hate brakes. He's rusty. He'll settle down.

(09-25-2023, 10:31 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Ridley is the most talented WR we've had since J Smooth.  Some of you need to pump the hate brakes.  He's rusty.  He'll settle down.

Naw, Justin Blackmon

(09-24-2023, 08:12 PM)SuperJville Wrote:

totally unacceptable

If a team collectively lets "momentum" affect their game in the first quarter vs a divisional team, they are just pathetic. I don't buy that. Our guys were sloppy, undisciplined, and executing very poorly Sunday, but I don't buy this momentum narrative that early in a contest. 

Besides they pulled it back to 17-10 before the tinhorns kick return TD from the short kickoff. 

If the talking heads want to talk about momentum and "air out of the sails"  - then that's where they should turn their ire.

Those guys just need something to talk about and that one is always low hanging fruit.

(09-24-2023, 11:17 PM)Jag88 Wrote: People need to slow up. 0 is going to be good.

He WILL be. But he’s not right now. Give him less workload until he ramps up his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

With Zay banged up, I would not alter Ridley's snap count or targets.

We've seen what he can do.

He needs to battle through a little slump and get on track. Not concerned.
Disappointed, but not concerned about his season getting sorted out.

(09-25-2023, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: With Zay banged up, I would not alter Ridley's snap count or targets.

Ridley should soley be running deep routes.  Fly Routes, Posts, etc...  He should be stretching the field on every play.  

Kirk should be running the slot routes and working from the middle out.  And Engram should be running crossers.  You know...  Like we did last year????

I don't get why this is so hard to figure out.  We aren't running the same offense we did last year.  We aren't running the same route concepts like we did last year.  The majority of targets to WRs are going to Ridley.  Then, when we decide to feed Engram, we're running screens?!?!  When was the last time you saw Engram get thrown a ball while he was crossing the field?  He must have caught 1 or 2 crossing routes a game last year.  This year, I don't think he's caught one, and I don't think he's even been targeted on any...

This years offensive play calling and scheme is trash.  It needs to go.

(09-25-2023, 12:21 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: With Zay banged up, I would not alter Ridley's snap count or targets.

Ridley should soley be running deep routes.  Fly Routes, Posts, etc...  He should be stretching the field on every play.  

Kirk should be running the slot routes and working from the middle out.  And Engram should be running crossers.  You know...  Like we did last year????

I don't get why this is so hard to figure out.  We aren't running the same offense we did last year.  We aren't running the same route concepts like we did last year.  The majority of targets to WRs are going to Ridley.  Then, when we decide to feed Engram, we're running screens?!?!  When was the last time you saw Engram get thrown a ball while he was crossing the field?  He must have caught 1 or 2 crossing routes a game last year.  This year, I don't think he's caught one, and I don't think he's even been targeted on any...

This years offensive play calling and scheme is trash.  It needs to go.

LOL

Tell me you haven't watched a lick of our offensive line play without actually telling me you haven't watched a lick of our offensive line play
You can't run Ridley deep very often when TL has no protection! Think, man. 
And Ridley WAS open deep often on Sunday anyway - TL either didn't look his way of his own error or he was too busy evading pressure to get a lock on him

90% of what Kirk is doing is the same as last year, you're just being ridiculous

I even posted clear evidence for you last week and you're still on this nonsense. Stop.

Then you go on to blame the "offensive scheme and play calling" for Trevor Lawrence's decisions on who he throws to and when

This [BLEEP] should be really obvious, but you're apparently slow on the uptake.

A - Lawrence can't always hit the best option because of pressure
B - Lawrence is looking for Ridley more than he should be
C - No one would even be moaning about routes and concepts if these receivers simply caught the majority of their drops and Trevor was 8 inches closer to their hands on a half dozen of his high or wide throws
D - following up C above - What they are calling would work 90% of the time if the players simply stopped screwing it up

You're letting the disappointment of a few bad calls color your entire perspective instead of looking at what is actually happening

Or maybe you don't know what the [BLEEP] you are looking at - not sure which

(09-25-2023, 10:31 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Ridley is the most talented WR we've had since J Smooth.  Some of you need to pump the hate brakes.  He's rusty.  He'll settle down.

You're right but whoever is calling plays seems to want to make the focal point. There making him the first read in every play. Overall we have become a predictable team.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 02:30 PM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 3 times in total.)

Even Homer Sexton is seeing it. Too many are being forced too him.  Maybe drop him to #2 or #3 option.

Go to about the 31 min market

https://www.youtube.com/live/kyKQkwLKR3Y...nif7_ZeOP9