Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(09-21-2023, 09:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 09:32 AM)Caldrac Wrote: How do you potty train a 3 year old? Literally tired of dealing with his [BLEEP].

Patience and reinforcement. Every child potty trains at different times.

There's one on this board who is still learning.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I potty trained myself, outside.. Against every tree in the yard..

Still practice..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-21-2023, 10:02 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 09:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Patience and reinforcement. Every child potty trains at different times.

There's one on this board who is still learning.

Well, this is embarrassing. 

Note to self: Do not confide in Sneakers ever again.

(09-21-2023, 10:12 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I potty trained myself, outside.. Against every tree in the yard..

Still practice..

I grew up in the north writing my name in the snow.  Still practice when I'm there in the winter.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-20-2023, 09:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 09:52 AM)RicoTx Wrote: In the middle of a kitchen remodel.  I've had no kitchen sink, range, dishwasher, or access to the microwave for going on nine days.  The fridge is plugged in in the dining room,  much more handy but I can't say it looks good in there.   Laughing Anything that's cooked is on the grill, and my little one burner propane stove (formerly used for my tailgating activities).  I have a friend from Jax visiting over the weekend and there is approximately a 0% chance that the kitchen will be back together.  I'm about ready for this [BLEEP] to be over.

I have friends who had a kitchen remodel that took longer than they expected. They were able to live in her late mother's condo for the duration. I think it was three months. Still, that's three months not in their own house with their things. 

I hope it all comes back together soon. It can be crazy stressful.

Hey, the plastic dropcloths are down this morning  and I can get from one end of the house to the other without having to use the back patio and garage as a thoroughfare.  So at least the painting of the new cabinets is complete.  They're finishing up the cabinet install right now.  Of course, who knows when they're going to get the guys out here to reinstall the appliances, install the new countertops, tile the backsplash and pretty much do everything but the cabinets.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-21-2023, 09:32 AM)Caldrac Wrote: How do you potty train a 3 year old? Literally tired of dealing with his [BLEEP].

You go often. You reward efforts, not just successes.

It's a process, it takes time; what we would do, too - tear off a square from the roll, drop it into the bowl "Now shoot it!" and it's now a game that they can win.

Only child, or other siblings? Seems that if they have someone to copy it will happen a lot faster.

(09-21-2023, 11:35 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 10:12 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I potty trained myself, outside.. Against every tree in the yard..

Still practice..

I grew up in the north writing my name in the snow.  Still practice when I'm there in the winter.

In FLA, there are plenty of beaches to practice on!!

Making a steel drum. Fascinating.

https://youtube.com/shorts/wHrxbJ8SHw0?s...Nxq_9ixYjQ

That State Farm Mahomes, Maauto commercial is funny.

Wow. Who knew this about McDonalds fries?

https://youtube.com/shorts/wfYmRJNSc7Y?s...mMcOqS_Ab4

(09-24-2023, 05:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Wow. Who knew this about McDonalds fries?

https://youtube.com/shorts/wfYmRJNSc7Y?s...mMcOqS_Ab4

That's nasty. I used to love their FF until they were forced to change what they were cooked in. The grease. Thinking about how good they used to be is making my mouth water. Lol.

I remember Five Guys having really good fries. I haven't been to one in well over a decade. Might have to see if there's one in Fayetteville....

If laughter really was the best medicine, pharmaceutical companies would have found a way to overcharge us by now..............
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Nope, nope, nope, nope.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.

https://youtube.com/shorts/dVc4ONMbs8w?s...TYbgKyozDT

Be careful when you eat navy beans. You may end up with a dishonorable discharge
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Can someone please tell me what's so great about Taylor Swift?

(09-28-2023, 04:28 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Can someone please tell me what's so great about Taylor Swift?

Nothing for you, old man.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2023, 06:59 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-28-2023, 07:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 04:28 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Can someone please tell me what's so great about Taylor Swift?

Nothing for you, old man.

Haha, well, that is obvious, but when ticket prices for the KC vs NY Jets game are reportedly increasing because Taylor Swift might attend the game, something is going on that I don't understand.  

Potential of Taylor Swift at Chiefs-Jets causes ticket price increase – NBC Los Angeles

(09-29-2023, 06:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 07:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Nothing for you, old man.

Haha, well, that is obvious, but when ticket prices for the KC vs NY Jets game are reportedly increasing because Taylor Swift might attend the game, something is going on that I don't understand.  

Potential of Taylor Swift at Chiefs-Jets causes ticket price increase – NBC Los Angeles

I wouldn’t know one of her songs if I heard it but I have seen clips here and there of her performances and she’s very good. 

She’s also a smart and shrewd businesswoman from the 60 Minutes segment I watched about her. Leslie Stahl was being her usual old [BLEEP] self and Swift had no problem dealing with her. She has a very devoted following of teenaged girls and middle aged fathers.

60 may be the new 40, but the 100 dollar bill is the new 20.

(09-29-2023, 07:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-29-2023, 06:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Haha, well, that is obvious, but when ticket prices for the KC vs NY Jets game are reportedly increasing because Taylor Swift might attend the game, something is going on that I don't understand.  

I wouldn’t know one of her songs if I heard it but I have seen clips here and there of her performances and she’s very good. 

She’s also a smart and shrewd businesswoman from the 60 Minutes segment I watched about her. Leslie Stahl was being her usual old [BLEEP] self and Swift had no problem dealing with her. She has a very devoted following of teenaged girls and middle aged fathers.
Not just teenaged girls anymore. The number of 30 something that have spent vast amounts of money on this eras tour to relive their teenage lives is ridiculous!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???