Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Allen with a monster game

Another 3 sack game, which gives him 6 sacks in 4 games. Wow 

He just put himself in elite company within the franchise. Only 2 or 3 Jaguar players have had multiple 3 sack games. Allen has done it in a span of 4 weeks. 

Prosser is happy he didn’t take the buyout. Allen might finish the year with 15 sacks and shatter the franchise record of 14.5 set by Calais Campbell in 2017.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Franchise record? Sheeeeeeeooooot, he's on pace to break the league record.

Hope next week we can have another “Josh Allen intercepted by Josh Allen”

(10-01-2023, 01:39 PM)Go Jagwaas Derp Wrote: Hope next week we can have another “Josh Allen intercepted by Josh Allen”

Or Josh Allen sacked Josh Allen. ???

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Player of the game

(10-01-2023, 02:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/17085...70951?s=20

Pardon my ignorance, but does a sack count as a TFL? And a qb hit?

So in reality anyone that gets a sack gets a 1 sack, 1 TFL, and 1 QB hit?

Or are they separate metrics
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(10-01-2023, 03:05 PM)SuperJville Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 02:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/17085...70951?s=20

Pardon my ignorance, but does a sack count as a TFL? And a qb hit?

So in reality anyone that gets a sack gets a 1 sack, 1 TFL, and 1 QB hit?

Or are they separate metrics

A sack often results in a T, TFL and QB Hit registered, but not always.  For instance the strip of Ridder late in the game that wasn't a tackle may not register T or TFL. Not sure on QB Hit or not there.

Interesting stat: Jacksonville's defense provided some international firsts. Jaguars pass rusher Josh Allen became the first player to record three sacks in a game overseas, and safety Darious Williams recorded the longest pick-six in international game history with his 61-yard TD.

(10-01-2023, 03:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...98342?s=20

Allen had a really good rookie year and he is off to a fantastic start this season. What happened to him after that rookie year? Is his performance so far due to him wanting to get paid in FA?? Will he be a dominate force once he does get paid or fade into mediocrity??

Totally dominates in some games and then almost disappears in others. He is truly an enigma to me.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 04:18 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-01-2023, 03:29 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Interesting stat: Jacksonville's defense provided some international firsts. Jaguars pass rusher Josh Allen became the first player to record three sacks in a game overseas, and safety Darious Williams recorded the longest pick-six in international game history with his 61-yard TD.

Williams interception was also the 2nd longest interception returned for a TD in franchise history.

Beasley has the longest. I think Cisco has the 3rd longest. I don’t feel like conforming it.

If Allen keeps playing like this, somebody bout to throw racks his way. Don’t fumble the bag Allen. Some team out there will be willing to make him one of the highest defensive players in the league. He’s on his way to his 2nd Pro Bowl right now and possibly All-Pro.

Allen’s motto this season: sacks for racks

Ps…come on Rams!!! I’m tryna get that 1st place in the divison back.

(10-01-2023, 03:42 PM)wg171 Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 03:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...98342?s=20

Allen had a really good rookie year and he is off to a fantastic start this season. What happened to him after that rookie year? Is his performance so far due to him wanting to get paid in FA?? Will he be a dominate force once he does get paid or fade into mediocrity??

Totally dominates in some games and then almost disappears in others. He is truly an enigma to me.

I wish I knew, but I largely feel the same you you do about him. 

The unpredictable pattern of his good and less-than-good performances is a mystery to me. 

Pinpointing his motivation prior to and following getting paid is equally tough. You want to believe he's worth a big payday, but the inconsistency is gonna make it tough

Colts lost to Rams
Texans beat Steelers
Titans beat Bengals
Jaguars beat Falcons

Err’body 2-2

Bills thumped the Dolphins.

Huuuuuuuge game coming up. Every game gets bigger. This is what it’s all about baby. Let’s go Jaguars

He wants to get paid (who doesn’t)

Yeah it’s one of those things. We should have paid him already, but maybe his incentive to perform would not have been as high.

Pump the breaks. Great game. He's got 6 sacks against jd ridder and Anthony Richardson. Two first year qbs that are going to hold the ball. I'm not taking anything away from him. He was a beast out there today, but let's not make it out to be von miller!

I'm happy for him. Let's he how he does against a real team.

Little worrying that hes only starting to be dominant in a contract year, but fingers crossed he stays here and continues to play like this.

(10-01-2023, 04:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 03:42 PM)wg171 Wrote: Allen had a really good rookie year and he is off to a fantastic start this season. What happened to him after that rookie year? Is his performance so far due to him wanting to get paid in FA?? Will he be a dominate force once he does get paid or fade into mediocrity??

I wish I knew, but I largely feel the same you you do about him. 

The unpredictable pattern of his good and less-than-good performances is a mystery to me. 

Pinpointing his motivation prior to and following getting paid is equally tough. You want to believe he's worth a big payday, but the inconsistency is gonna make it tough

You give Allen a respectable offer.  It would be nice to keep him, but he hasn't shown enough that he's a consistent game changer.  Hell, we let Yannick walk, and he had way more influence on games than Allen ever had.

Besides that Bills game a couple years ago, Allen is just a mid level dude.  He's worth keeping at a mid level 2nd contract.  The player on defense you give the bag to is that #23 guy.  Oluokan.  That guy is the freakin' real deal.  Why over spend on Allen who, while having flashes of greatness, will go invisible of weeks at a time?

Try to resign him.   Yes.  He absolutely deserves a second contract.  But I wouldn't pay him more than 8 or 9 million a year.  He's making 5 mill now.  So that would be a pay raise.  But if he wants to go get more money, let him.  He's not worth more than that.  Giving him 10-13 million a year or more would kill our ability to re-sign players that really do make a difference...  Like Oluokan.

Edit:  I made sure to spell Oluokan correctly, unlike Treyvaughn Walker.  One player deserves respect on their name.  The other...  Still needs to prove some things.