Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars vs Falcons Gameday***

(10-01-2023, 12:52 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: I do like the idea of Robinson-Little-Shatley-Scherff-Harrison as the starting O-line. Gotta shore up the interior to open some lanes for ETN and give Lawrence more than 1.5 seconds to throw.
I think Robinson, Little, Fortner, Scherff, Harrison is the most likely line up, personally. Shatley is a very versatile backup and can be plugged in anywhere he is needed. Robinson and Little side by side could fortify one side of the line and protect Lawrence. Fortner is the center and Scherff is only playing RG, nowhere else.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-01-2023, 12:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:51 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Show me where I said the OLine was doing well?

You create a weird narrative in your head and then you just stick with it.  There were also many times where trevor had time to throw and didn't get touched.  Why not have a WR running a go route most plays and let Trevor make the read?

This offense scored 13 points today.  One time we got into the red zone and came away with 0 points.  Is that all on the O-Line?  Is it the O-Line that said to go for it?  Is it the O-Line that loves to bunch the recievers instead of spreading the field out?  Is it the O-Line that is calling worlthless bubble screens that don't work?

You're ridiculous, man.  Are you Press Taylor's grandfather or something?  I've never seen a bigger fan boy of a more mediocre coach.

I'm completely neutral above Taylor's play calling
I'm not impressed, nor am I bothered by it more than a few calls per game (which is kind-of a normal thing for fans IMO) 

I'm just reasserting that it is silly to call for more deep shots for a week straight in 17 posts when the line is not protecting and the QB is getting clobbered on half (or even more than half today) of those deep shots attempted.  

Sorry - I thought today's game may have crystalized that reality for you
I was wrong 

I'll just leave you alone since you're so offended

(10-01-2023, 12:52 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Can we have a ceasefire and enjoy the win for one day?

[Image: giphy.gif]

I've got so many receipts to log in my expense report

Haha 

About Buffalo… I actually feel a little bit better about that game more than this one. I know, sounds crazy, but we beat them in the urban Meyer era when we didn’t expect to. We seem to always play well against them

Colts look terrible. Houston may be growing up too fast.

(10-01-2023, 02:04 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Colts look terrible. Houston may be growing up too fast.
clots should start Minshew. No shame in letting Richardson sit as a rookie. He had the least amount of starting experience from the QB class.

tinhorns are playing well against a tough Steelers defense.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Tacks blowing out the bengals

(10-01-2023, 02:33 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: Tacks blowing out the bengals

Unreal. Burrow was ranked #2 QB before the season and Bungles were early Superbowl favorites.

Not surprising. Vrabel is a good coach and the Bengals continue to struggle with Big Bucks Burrow.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Via NFL.com

NFL Research: Jacksonville's defense provided some international firsts. Jaguars pass rusher Josh Allen became the first player to record three sacks in a game overseas, and safety Darious Williams recorded the longest pick-six in international game history with his 61-yard TD.

(10-01-2023, 02:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
Not surprising. Vrabel is a good coach and the Bengals continue to struggle with Big Bucks Burrow.

Isn't Burrow playing through injury? 
I haven't followed it - but I heard someone say he wasn't near 100% this week. 
(their line still sux too) 
If Jags fans are starting to get antsy about our line not being bolstered, imagine being a bungles fan right now.
Ugh

(10-01-2023, 02:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://x.com/PhillipAngel14/status/1708...429969?s=2
I wasn't sure if I saw what I thought I did during the broadcast. Glad somebody caught it.

(10-01-2023, 03:15 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 02:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://x.com/PhillipAngel14/status/1708...429969?s=2
I wasn't sure if I saw what I thought I did during the broadcast. Glad somebody caught it.

Noticed that too.
That's the guy who was wide open deep and Ridder threw it short (Williams dropped the INT) and this happened right after the play

(10-01-2023, 12:21 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Yep. He should've never left IMO

He was shipped off

I know. Stupid decision by the FO. Shocker.

(10-01-2023, 12:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:51 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Show me where I said the OLine was doing well?

You create a weird narrative in your head and then you just stick with it.  There were also many times where trevor had time to throw and didn't get touched.  Why not have a WR running a go route most plays and let Trevor make the read?

This offense scored 13 points today.  One time we got into the red zone and came away with 0 points.  Is that all on the O-Line?  Is it the O-Line that said to go for it?  Is it the O-Line that loves to bunch the recievers instead of spreading the field out?  Is it the O-Line that is calling worlthless bubble screens that don't work?

You're ridiculous, man.  Are you Press Taylor's grandfather or something?  I've never seen a bigger fan boy of a more mediocre coach.

I'm completely neutral above Taylor's play calling
I'm not impressed, nor am I bothered by it more than a few calls per game (which is kind-of a normal thing for fans IMO) 

I'm just reasserting that it is silly to call for more deep shots for a week straight in 17 posts when the line is not protecting and the QB is getting clobbered on half (or even more than half today) of those deep shots attempted.  

Sorry - I thought today's game may have crystalized that reality for you
I was wrong 

I'll just leave you alone since you're so offended

(10-01-2023, 12:52 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Can we have a ceasefire and enjoy the win for one day?

[Image: giphy.gif]

I've got so many receipts to log in my expense report

OK, grampa Taylor...  Talk to you later!

WOOOOO A WIN

GOOD MORNING USA

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 06:57 PM by surfon. Edited 2 times in total.)

Glad we won. Offense still looks somewhat clunky and certainly is not what any of us expected at this point. Offense scored 1 td today..

The 4th and 1 in redzone should have kicked the fg, sux to get 0 points on a tirnover when you start on the 25 yd line.

[Image: QJxP_][Image: lTIVH]

We will some new fans overseas with this victory.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

A good solid victory today. Plenty of good stuff on display and to build on. D looked great today and made some big plays. Bijan Robinson is going to be a stud RB for a few years so not to disappointed seeing him get over 100 yards. 

London games are always difficult but team looked fired up after last week as I expected. Now to see how we do against a red hot Buffalo team.

One last thing I'd like to say about the London games, I'm getting really annoyed by how these work at the moment.

So the Jags like to play at Wembley and have a good relationship with them and were making a big deal how this was the 10th year of London games for us. It feels like a different group are responsible for the games at the Tottenham stadium. Firstly the tickets are ridiculous. I know this is a moan about a lot of events but while there are some legit NFL fans over here, it still feels like 70% of the stadium are casual fans. I just can't understand why someone would pay £150 ($180) for a sport you don't understand or really care about and you will find hundreds of tickets on resell sites for 4x the price and the stadium is emptying with 7 minutes left of the 4th Q.

Also, it's been 10 years. If you don't understand being quiet when the O are on the field and loud when the D is on the field then I give up. Germany has a huge football fan base and they are passionate and knowledgeable. Now Germany are getting more games and have huge numbers of ticket requests, unless the UK fans start fully embracing the sport I see Germany becoming the main base outside the US.