Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 5 Jags vs Bills talk

(10-04-2023, 01:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 01:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: They were saying on the radio that the team hotel is on a golf resort in the middle of nowhere and the practice field is so remote, golf carts are used to transport the players out to it.

Good. Keep them focused and away from the city and distractions.

They are at a large manor and country club from the 1890"s that has become a Marriott property.

40 minutes north of Tott./Hotspur Stadium

The practice field could be part of a very nearby soccer club and facility, but it looks from videos I've seen like they landscaped it into the "back 40" area of the hotels golf course out behind all the course maintenance buildings

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-04-2023, 01:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 01:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Good. Keep them focused and away from the city and distractions.

They are at a large manor and country club from the 1890"s that has become a Marriott property.

The practice field could be part of a very nearby soccer club and facility, but it looks from videos I've seen like they landscaped it into the "back 40" area of the hotels golf course out behind all the course maintenance buildings

Someone said it was one of the Queens vacation places long ago...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-04-2023, 03:40 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 01:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They are at a large manor and country club from the 1890"s that has become a Marriott property.

Someone said it was one of the Queens vacation places long ago...

Oh, how cool!

[Image: queen_group_bohemian_rhapsody_celebritie...767527.jpg]

(10-04-2023, 01:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 01:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Good. Keep them focused and away from the city and distractions.

But are they Lord of the Manor?

(10-04-2023, 06:34 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 01:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They are at a large manor and country club from the 1890"s that has become a Marriott property.

But are they Lord of the Manor?

Word has it they will be eating all the [BLEEP] chickens

(10-03-2023, 08:00 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 06:43 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: That should've been used against KC, imo. That heat had the Chiefs' defense ready for a burger and an aisle seat by halftime.

FREE THE T.

Split veer ... Six plays, split-veer, give it time it always works.

I can dig it. If only they had the hogs.

(10-04-2023, 06:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootbal...-we-played

Man, I want to see the front seven GO OFF this week! If they do, Allen loves throwing them picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Ryan Leaf on GMF, "the Jags showed they aren't ready for prime time."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-05-2023, 09:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ryan Leaf on GMF, "the Jags showed they aren't ready for prime time."

He's not wrong. We can't get it going enough offensively to put teams away comfortably and we still need to keep an eye on this defense. They have had some good games so far but Buffalo is another big test for them. 

I hope nothing more that we ultimately end up stomping Buffalo's [BLEEP] into the dirt this Sunday. They're the hottest team right now in the AFC. Maybe the NFL. You knock them down a peg it will get the confidence back up in Jacksonville.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-05-2023, 09:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 09:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ryan Leaf on GMF, "the Jags showed they aren't ready for prime time."

He's not wrong. We can't get it going enough offensively to put teams away comfortably and we still need to keep an eye on this defense. They have had some good games so far but Buffalo is another big test for them. 

I hope nothing more that we ultimately end up stomping Buffalo's [BLEEP] into the dirt this Sunday. They're the hottest team right now in the AFC. Maybe the NFL. You knock them down a peg it will get the confidence back up in Jacksonville.

What I absolutely hope we DON'T see is what happened in KC, we hold their offense to 17-23 points but our offense totally sputters.

(10-05-2023, 10:23 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 09:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: He's not wrong. We can't get it going enough offensively to put teams away comfortably and we still need to keep an eye on this defense. They have had some good games so far but Buffalo is another big test for them. 

What I absolutely hope we DON'T see is what happened in KC, we hold their offense to 17-23 points but our offense totally sputters.

They are good where we aren't, so exactly that wouldn't surprise me.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-05-2023, 10:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 10:23 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: What I absolutely hope we DON'T see is what happened in KC, we hold their offense to 17-23 points but our offense totally sputters.

They are good where we aren't, so exactly that wouldn't surprise me.

I wouldn't worry about that. They have a legit offense and a real elite QB, KC does have Mahomes and Kelce, but he was returning from a bone bruise (Not an easy injury to play on pain wise) so naturally they struggled.

The Jags offense better wake up or we are gonna get Denver'd out there. Buffalo looks like a legit contender right now.

Fellers, I have a feeling were coming back to the states 2-0...

Just for the hype to be at an all time and than drop a turd on the Clots and were back (including me) to having mental breakdowns.

(10-04-2023, 06:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 06:34 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: But are they Lord of the Manor?

Word has it they will be eating all the [BLEEP] chickens

There's this TV show called Seinfeld.  It was from the 90s...  Subsequently, there was another TV show called Curb Your Enthusiasm, very very funny as well.  It was in the 2010s...  And then it got a revival in the late 2010s and early 2020s...

You should check it out.  It's on a streaming service called "Max".  I think you'd like it.  Streaming services are how most people watch TV shows, because cable is dead.  I'd recommend you subsribe to Max, Hulu, and Paramount+.

On Hulu, there's a show called Brockmire.  You need to watch it.  Brockmire is your spirit animal.  Max has good shows that I think you'd enjoy.  An Paramount has a bunch of soccer.  That I think you need to get involved in.  

But at the very least, Brockmire.  NYC4Jags, you'd love that show.

Looks like Von might play.

That would suck

(10-03-2023, 05:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I want to see good old fashioned power football this Sunday. Just run it right at them.

Go heavy set with 8 blockers tight to the line and let Ridley and Kirk work the outside here and there and take some shots.

Need to try something different I think to beat Buffalo.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

As for the game on Sunday...

If we go run heavy on Sunday, it'll be a blowout.  There's no way we beat the Bills by running 1st down like we've been doing.

If we're gonna run the same play calling that we have been, we'll always be behind the sticks.  The Bills are going to score early.  And if we think we can just run heavy, it's gonna be a disaster.  How is running heavy doing something different?  All we have been doing is running heavy and forcing the opposing Defense to put 8 in the box.  It's not working...

We have to really attack the field and make the Bills D not know what is happening next.  If we just run on first, then screen on second, then we'll wind up with 3rd and long.  And then we're toast.  We gotta change up the game plan on offense.

On D, the Good Josh Allen needs to ball out like he did a couple years ago.  If Josh Allen can smoke the Bills O-line like he did last time we played them, we have a chance to win...

What's the news on lloyd

we haven't had an issue moving the ball, we have had issues getting into the Endzone. in the KC Game we had 3 plays where we were inches away from 21 points. INDY game we were perfect in the Redzone. we need to get back to that.

defense does their thing the Online needs to play up to opponent this week.

The giants literally laid a big pile of [BLEEP] on there prime time game