Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 5 Jags vs Bills talk

The Bills are gonna destroy the Jaguars. Our team is not on the same level as the elite teams, like the Bills, Chiefs or even the Dolphins. They are much farther away than any of us want to admit…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-01-2023, 03:22 PM)Ronster Wrote: The Bills are gonna destroy the Jaguars. Our team is not on the same level as the elite teams, like the Bills, Chiefs or even the Dolphins. They are much farther away than any of us want to admit…

This Jags team played KC tough. 
So - 
We'll see where they're at in a week, but I expect the bills to score 30 points against our defense - and I expect our OL to continue having their [BLEEP] handed to them. 

Nonetheless - some scrappy play by our secondary and some transcendent stuff from Lawrence could make it a good one.

Bills spanking Miami. They are kicking Tua's receivers butts at the line not letting those little guys release off the line. Tua learning how the other half live. Gonna hang a 50 burger on them, hopefully they will have a let down against us.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

If this team can attack on the ground next week more successfully, it's going to be closer than you think.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 03:55 PM by Caldrac.)

There's some opportunities on defense to get after Josh Allen and force some sacks or turnovers. Biggest concern is him flushing out of the pocket and finding Diggs or Gabriel deep or Knox and Kincaid underneath.

Offensively on our side of the ball. I think a running game with a clear effort of gaining 4+ yards on every 1st down play is a must. I would rather see less of Lawrence dropping back to pass in this one and more of his legs.

I think you will need to operate from the gun more and at some point we need to see more out of Bigsby and Strange. Time to start incorporating different formations, personnel packages and heavier sets.

McDermott is a damn good defensive minded coach and schemer. He calls their defense personally. I think you have to work the outside and stay away from the middle.

Between Oliver and Jones on their interior, Milano in the middle and Hyde playing deep or in the box from the safety position you're going to need to attack the outside paramaters.

Off tackle runs, sweeps designed to either side, tosses, screens, quick out route shots, quick hitch routes outside, the comeback route.

I am hoping we get Zay Jones back next Sunday. I don't think Robinson will be ready to start personally but I liked Shatley at LG today. Good to build on that.

Etienne's 20 carries for 55 yards will not cut it though. Practice needs to consist of the off tackle and outside running schemes as mentioned above in my opinion to have a chance to beat the Bills.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Looks like White is done in their secondary though. Poyer is out still potentially. If they can just attack the outside and keep the middle of their defense away from Lawrence we have a shot. Slim. But, a shot nonetheless.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-01-2023, 03:52 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Etienne's 20 carries for 55 yards will not cut it though. Practice needs to consist of the off tackle and outside running schemes as mentioned above in my opinion to have a chance to beat the Bills.

The issue is the outside runs looked terrible the 1st 2 weeks. Any time they pull OL it has looked bad. They need to fix the blocking in order to run outside unless they just haven't practiced it enough because they always run inside on 1st down now.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(10-01-2023, 03:58 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 03:52 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Etienne's 20 carries for 55 yards will not cut it though. Practice needs to consist of the off tackle and outside running schemes as mentioned above in my opinion to have a chance to beat the Bills.

The issue is the outside runs looked terrible the 1st 2 weeks. Any time they pull OL it has looked bad. They need to fix the blocking in order to run outside unless they just haven't practiced it enough because they always run inside on 1st down now.

Heavier sets with the TE pulling around. Goes back to my comment on Strange. Need to use him. Use Farrell. Try leaking Engram underneath in a quick catch and run if the run game sees daylight early.

I would use Bigsby and Johnson early to wear the defense down and put Etienne out there in spots that call for speed after you wear them out.

Wouldn't mind seeing no huddle in spurts.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Trevor has got to go back to last year and make decisions quickly and stop holding the ball. He's staring down WRs but then not throwing it on the deep routes. Either throw the ball or find the open WR. He has to do a better job.

The OL will hopefully be better but you have to find ways to play around it. The team needs to go back to the routes that worked last year and spread the ball around. Today was good from that standpoint but Trevor still didn't have anyone over the middle.

Starting CBs and the nickel got hurt for the Bills, so who knows if they will be able to play

I will guarantee a win vs the Bills

Let's hope Buffalo blew their load this week like Miami did last week and like we did against the Miami in the '99 playoffs. White had an Achilles injury as well so he's done for the year.

Our running game needs to improve and get back to running when we're 3rd or 4th and short....
NOT trying pass plays   Wallbash
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We have a good chance but I'm mostly interestied in how close it will be. These are the types of games we have to win to be a contender.

Oh god.

When did Ronster come back?

I feel like we're gonna get blown out of the water next week, but we'll see.

Gonna be a uphill battle

Gonna be a uphill battle

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 06:54 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

NFL is kinda weird this season. Bills were hot garbage week 1, but now are playing good football. It's up and down. We looked like trash against the Texans, but played KC and Falcons pretty hard. I can see this game going a lot of different ways.

If we ever needed to see a "turn the corner" monster game from Travon, this is the one.

I’m scared of that Bills defense…with our weak O line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

More josh Allen sacking Josh Allen please