Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bills fans blaming refs for losing to us

(10-09-2023, 12:54 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 03:59 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Tbf, it was definitely a roughing the passer, it’s unfair on the defenders with how limited they can hit the QB, but by the letter of the law it was roughing the passer.

Allen tucked the ball and ducked down, at that point even the anouncers said he should have been deemed a ball carrier

Also, correct me if i'm wrong but roughing the passer would typically be hitting him multiple seconds after he no longer has the ball correct?

The stream I watched even the announcers agreed with it, they said it was harsh on defenders, but ultimately if Trevor got hit, and the defender connected with his helmet, 90% of us would be calling for the roughing the passer.

In regards to the second part, not necessarily, roughing the passer can be called even if the hit is on time, if the tackle is low, if they put all their body weight on the QB or if they connect with the helmet.

Super unfair on defenders but it’s the nfl nowadays.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-09-2023, 03:59 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Tbf, it was definitely a roughing the passer, it’s unfair on the defenders with how limited they can hit the QB, but by the letter of the law it was roughing the passer.

Allen tucked the ball and ducked down, at that point even the anouncers said he should have been deemed a ball carrier

Also, correct me if i'm wrong but roughing the passer would typically be hitting him multiple seconds after he no longer has the ball correct?

41's helmet made contact with the QBs helmet 

It was incidental and not harsh, but the QB flopped and whined and got the flag

They hit TL repeatedly in the helmet with forearms and none were called.

(10-09-2023, 02:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 12:54 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Allen tucked the ball and ducked down, at that point even the anouncers said he should have been deemed a ball carrier

Exactly this.

(10-09-2023, 11:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jags will not get respect until they crush KC in the postseason - and then the nat'l pundits will have excuses anyway

https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/1710...69513?s=20

I love me some Nick Wright
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

LOL.  I made a "comment" to myself how there was so much laundry on the field and for once it was going our way.

Regarding the roughing the passer call, that's what we have in the modern game.  By rule since it was "helmet-to-helmet" it was called (even though it was more fasemask-to-facemask and not intentional).  The rules in this "modern era" of the NFL are ruining the game in my opinion.

By contrast, some of the calls against the Bills were also somewhat "questionable" if we are being honest about it.

I don't agree or think that officiating affected the outcome of the game so much.  Our team just played well enough (even though they left points off the board) to win.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Well boo-hoo bills fans.... get used to it.
I got so sick of the commentators gushing over the bills when they even did something
remotely positive....which wasn't often.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Regarding Refs... I've spent decades pulling out my hair when it came to calls that went against us, versus the calls that refs called on our opponents.

Dude, prior to Trevor Lawrence, it felt like we never got holding calls. Our D would be having their jerseys ripped off them and the refs would just let them play. Yesterday, they called 2 holding penalties against the bills on the same drive!!! That would be like totally unheard of prior to 2021!!!

There's something about having a franchise QB and a legit HC that somehow makes things even out a bit more when it comes to how the refs call the game.

The Bills fans that are complaining are only doing so because they are an insufferable fan base that is seeing their window to winning a SB slowly fading away. I would feel for them, but this is also the franchise that made me suffer through 4 straight years of their garbage in the 90s as the AFC champions. They get no sympathy from me.

(10-09-2023, 04:10 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Regarding Refs...  I've spent decades pulling out my hair when it came to calls that went against us, versus the calls that refs called on our opponents.

Dude, prior to Trevor Lawrence, it felt like we never got holding calls.  Our D would be having their jerseys ripped off them and the refs would just let them play.  Yesterday, they called 2 holding penalties against the bills on the same drive!!!  That would be like totally unheard of prior to 2021!!!

There's something about having a franchise QB and a legit HC that somehow makes things even out a bit more when it comes to how the refs call the game. 

The Bills fans that are complaining are only doing so because they are an insufferable fan base that is seeing their window to winning a SB slowly fading away.  I would feel for them, but this is also the franchise that made me suffer through 4 straight years of their garbage in the 90s as the AFC champions.  They get no sympathy from me.

Just wait until we win enough that they ignore our blatant holds like they do for the chefs! It'll be wild!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-09-2023, 02:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 12:54 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Allen tucked the ball and ducked down, at that point even the anouncers said he should have been deemed a ball carrier

Right but I mean how do you avoid it if hes the one dropping his head.. just ignorant ruling imo

(10-09-2023, 04:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 02:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 41's helmet made contact with the QBs helmet 

Right but I mean how do you avoid it if hes the one dropping his head.. just ignorant ruling imo

Yeah - I agree - they are just often going to err on the side of "safety" with those and if its a star QB begging for a flag, its a done deal

(10-09-2023, 04:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 02:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 41's helmet made contact with the QBs helmet 

And if he goes lower he gets flagged for leading with the helmet

Its a lose lose situation

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2023, 04:33 PM by I am Yoda.)

(10-09-2023, 03:43 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 11:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jags will not get respect until they crush KC in the postseason - and then the nat'l pundits will have excuses anyway

https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/1710...69513?s=20

I love me some Nick Wright

Yeah. While Nick says some things for shock value, he’s also usually right. Entertaining.

I get so sick of Bills hype. They get so much praise for a team that hasn’t accomplished anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2023, 09:45 AM by Mikey.)

(10-09-2023, 10:56 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 10:30 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: When the ref in the booth says it isn't... I will go with his expertise, thanks.

Wow this was salty.

Also didn’t say it wasn’t, said it was questionable..

As previous posters have said it was a bang bang play, but you hit the QB high like that 9/10 it’s a call. Whether that’s right or not is up for debate, but that will called alot more often that it doesn’t my friend.

Yeah, refs are going to err on the side of caution when a QB gets hit in the head, it just is what it is. The ref in the booth can say it's ticky-tack or not a foul at all, but he's not subject to reprimand or dismissal by the league if he's not towing the company line when it comes to their agendae.

So Gabby was a rusher every time he turned turtle in the face of a collapsing pocket? Unless the QB is making a concerted effort to run, I'd be extremely skeptical that any ref is going to default to deeming the QB a rusher. That's not the way the league rolls these days. QBs are no longer the trophy, as Namath famously said. They're the Ming vase that cannot be touched.

Roughing is either late hit, diving at knees, blow to head, or leading with the hat to make contact, from my experience.

(10-09-2023, 01:18 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The bills message board I checked out yesterday was very much like what we've seen here at times.
  • The refs gave the game to the other team
  • Fire the OC - play-calling killed us
  • The dropped passes killed us - So many dropped passes! 

The most prevalent complaint however was a new one.
Many posters there said some version of:
"The NFL set us up to lose by making us fly overseas to face a team who had been there for 10 days" 

(nevermind that the teams signed up for it willingly)

Interesting, the Bills could have left on Monday, giving them 5 full days (Tues-Sat) to acclimate.  It was their choice to make this a weekend trip.

1000%

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2023, 10:59 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

They blame the refs, they blame the turf, and today, they're blaming Roger Goodell.  Someone dug up a video of Goodell saying the NFL wants to see how teams handle being in London for 2 straight games, whether it's an advantage or a disadvantage, and now Bills fans are claiming it was all a conspiracy to make the Bills lose.

Roger Goodell makes huge admission on obvious disadvantage for Bills - A to Z Sports

LOL

The bills literally elected to play a single London game knowing they may face an opponent who's already be there

Someone needs to educate those fans

i love Nick Wright for giving the Jags some Love when no one else does just makes excuses. thank you Nick.

(10-09-2023, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 04:49 AM)iapetus Wrote: Funny, I remember a lot of ref blaming here in the past. Winning helps in these things. Wink

The bills message board I checked out yesterday was very much like what we've seen here at times.
  • The refs gave the game to the other team
  • Fire the OC - play-calling killed us
  • The dropped passes killed us - So many dropped passes! 

The most prevalent complaint however was a new one.
Many posters there said some version of:
"The NFL set us up to lose by making us fly overseas to face a team who had been there for 10 days" 

(nevermind that the teams signed up for it willingly)

This is the dumbest argument I've heard yet. Apparently we had an advantage being at a hotel for a week over the Bills who practiced all week at their facility.

Teams used to fly over straight after the Sunday games and I think it was us who one year decided to practice at Jacksonville until Thursday then fly over. We won that game so that became the new routine for teams which theyve done for years. Both us and Atlanta flew out on Thursday the week before so this idea that Buffalo got cheated is hilarious to me. The media have to excuse their darling's.