Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bills fans blaming refs for losing to us

Lol just thought it was funny because of that horrendous roughing the passer call JA got against Allen.. Also the penalties called on the Bills were all pretty obvious.. they were not disciplined.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-09-2023, 12:25 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lol just thought it was funny because of that horrendous roughing the passer call JA got against Allen.. Also the penalties called on the Bills were all pretty obvious.. they were not disciplined.

Tbf, it was definitely a roughing the passer, it’s unfair on the defenders with how limited they can hit the QB, but by the letter of the law it was roughing the passer.

Funny, I remember a lot of ref blaming here in the past. Winning helps in these things. Wink

(10-09-2023, 03:59 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 12:25 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lol just thought it was funny because of that horrendous roughing the passer call JA got against Allen.. Also the penalties called on the Bills were all pretty obvious.. they were not disciplined.

Tbf, it was definitely a roughing the passer, it’s unfair on the defenders with how limited they can hit the QB, but by the letter of the law it was roughing the passer.

I heard one of the commentators, the ex-referee, say when Allen pulled the ball down he was no longer a passer, and I think he said the penalty was questionable because of that.

(10-09-2023, 05:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 03:59 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Tbf, it was definitely a roughing the passer, it’s unfair on the defenders with how limited they can hit the QB, but by the letter of the law it was roughing the passer.

I heard one of the commentators, the ex-referee, say when Allen pulled the ball down he was no longer a passer, and I think he said the penalty was questionable because of that.

Yes, I remember that. SMH

Them boys robbed Allen of his 7th sack of the season. Highway robbery.

(10-09-2023, 03:59 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Tbf, it was definitely a roughing the passer, it’s unfair on the defenders with how limited they can hit the QB, but by the letter of the law it was roughing the passer.

They need to go back to the old rule where only using the crown is a penalty. This "you can't hit him anywhere but the 6 inches between the top and bottom of the numbers" is untenable, especially when it's clearly a subjective call.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-09-2023, 09:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 05:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I heard one of the commentators, the ex-referee, say when Allen pulled the ball down he was no longer a passer, and I think he said the penalty was questionable because of that.

They need to go back to the old rule where only using the crown is a penalty. This "you can't hit him anywhere but the 6 inches between the top and bottom of the numbers" is untenable, especially when it's clearly a subjective call.

Yep .... to both of the posts above !!

(10-09-2023, 09:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 05:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I heard one of the commentators, the ex-referee, say when Allen pulled the ball down he was no longer a passer, and I think he said the penalty was questionable because of that.

I do agree with this, there is like no space for them to hit the qb, and even if you manage to hit them in that minute gap, you then need to make sure you don’t put your body weight on them.

(10-09-2023, 09:39 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 09:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: They need to go back to the old rule where only using the crown is a penalty. This "you can't hit him anywhere but the 6 inches between the top and bottom of the numbers" is untenable, especially when it's clearly a subjective call.

I do agree with this, there is like no space for them to hit the qb, and even if you manage to hit them in that minute gap, you then need to make sure you don’t put your body weight on them.

From "The quarterback must go down, and he must go down hard!'

to

"The quarterback must be gently wrapped in the loving arms of the defender, ensuring his blankie and binky are present, whilst reassuring his self esteem with a calming story and lullaby as he is tenderly placed onto the turf."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2023, 10:03 AM by Mikey.)

It looked very bang-bang, like 41 Allen was either blocked into or was mid-move on the linemen when he ended up in 17 Allen's grill. Very quick sequence of events, not like it was a premeditated hit or one that 41 could have done to stop the contract from happening.

(10-09-2023, 06:41 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Them boys robbed Allen of his 7th sack of the season. Highway robbery.

We got the dub, I ain't gonna complain about that, and as long as he don't get fined, I doubt 41 will, either.

(10-09-2023, 04:49 AM)iapetus Wrote: Funny, I remember a lot of ref blaming here in the past. Winning helps in these things. Wink

The bills message board I checked out yesterday was very much like what we've seen here at times.
  • The refs gave the game to the other team
  • Fire the OC - play-calling killed us
  • The dropped passes killed us - So many dropped passes! 

The most prevalent complaint however was a new one.
Many posters there said some version of:
"The NFL set us up to lose by making us fly overseas to face a team who had been there for 10 days" 

(nevermind that the teams signed up for it willingly)

When the ref in the booth says it isn't... I will go with his expertise, thanks.

(10-09-2023, 10:30 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

When the ref in the booth says it isn't... I will go with his expertise, thanks.

Wow this was salty.

Also didn’t say it wasn’t, said it was questionable..

As previous posters have said it was a bang bang play, but you hit the QB high like that 9/10 it’s a call. Whether that’s right or not is up for debate, but that will called alot more often that it doesn’t my friend.

We actually got a roughing the passer call which still feels weird, especially the timing of it (3rd down). But they called it both ways and Allen's hit on the QB looked legal.. so per usual, the opponent got bailed out more than we did.

Jags will not get respect until they crush KC in the postseason - and then the nat'l pundits will have excuses anyway

https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/1710...69513?s=20

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2023, 01:01 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Allen tucked the ball and ducked down, at that point even the anouncers said he should have been deemed a ball carrier

Also, correct me if i'm wrong but roughing the passer would typically be hitting him multiple seconds after he no longer has the ball correct?

(10-09-2023, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 04:49 AM)iapetus Wrote: Funny, I remember a lot of ref blaming here in the past. Winning helps in these things. Wink

The bills message board I checked out yesterday was very much like what we've seen here at times.

"The NFL set us up to lose by making us fly overseas to face a team who had been there for 10 days" 

Bills cant talk we beat them with urban and a rookie trevor the year they were 12 seconds away from a SB LOL

(10-09-2023, 12:59 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The bills message board I checked out yesterday was very much like what we've seen here at times.

Bills cant talk we beat them with urban and a rookie trevor the year they were 12 seconds away from a SB LOL

Very true.

I think that's one reason why this stings even more for them.

(10-09-2023, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Interesting, the Bills could have left on Monday, giving them 5 full days (Tues-Sat) to acclimate.  It was their choice to make this a weekend trip.