Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2023, 06:05 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-10-2023, 05:18 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Some jackwagon that likes the Florida Gators laughed at me for comparing Sproles to ETN by saying that Sproles was 4 inches shorter... 

Elite-EN's 40 was 4.40
Sprole's 40 was 4.49

They were comparable out of college, if you actually watched ETN play at Clemson.  But, you know.  Dudes that simp on the Gators generally have no real understanding about football.  LOL

5'6" man lol.  Sproles was good but not comparable to ETN.  Man said "simp" lol. We have seen you knowledge of football on this board lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-10-2023, 04:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 01:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Elite =\= generational 

I cited Barry [BLEEP] Sanders dude
Nobody thought Travis was Barry Sanders LOL

Don't mischaracterize our line
Cam is no longer a "pick" 
He was grossly overpaid in free agency 
Little was a gamble-injured-player selection 
Bartch was a 4th
Fortner was a wasted 3rd
Scherff is another overpaid FA currently almost earning it
And the one actual first round pick is having the most "welcome to the NFL" season I've ever seen

Get real, man 
"Our whole line is high draft picks"
LOL

Our line is two free agent signings that go between above average and "god help us" on a roller coaster when they aren't injured or [BLEEP] suspended
+
One good second round pick 

two absolute mid round busts 
+
One ACTUAL first round pick who is getting destroyed 

You can't be serious with this [BLEEP]
There is only one Barry Sanders, he's the GOAT.  That's the only RB you would take in the 1st, gotcha.  I'm talking about our starting oline,  yes they are all high draft picks.  Cam and Little were 2nd round picks, Scherff and Harrison were 1st round picks, and Fortner was the 1st pick in the 3rd round.  All high draft picks

(10-10-2023, 02:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Joe Thomas was an elite player at a premium position. For the entire 10 years he was in Cleveland they got All Pro play and did not have to spend an single additional draft pick on a left tackle. Since ETN was drafted he's missed a year and we've spent 4 draft picks on additional running backs. Not really all that great a comparison of value if you ask me.
But what did he help the Browns win?

If you could draft Joe Thomas or Travis ETN who you taking?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-10-2023, 03:42 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 07:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, Strange is a better player in year 1 than ETN was, maybe we should give him some time..

Haha!!!  Technically, that's the true.  There's no way I can argue with the fact that Strange's rookie season is already better than ETN's rookie season!  I concede to your wit.

But you get my point.  We didn't need to go TE at pick 60...  That's all I'm saying.  The ETN pick, I think worked out best.  Will the Strange pick work at as good?  I don't think so.  And I'm pretty sure you know it won't either.  Engram is money.  And we have him for another 3 years.  I think NYC4Jags made a point that we all got really high on how good our O-Line was because of our success at the end of 2022.  And it turned out to be fools gold.  Or...  Maybe we adjust and start making a similar run as last year but from a better position?  

Doug Pederson has a tendency of starting season's slow and then making huge pushes towards late November and December.  We could just be watching a team slowly building up to goals Pederson has been privately been organizing.  I don't trust Press Taylor.  But I do trust Doug Pederson.

On draft day Emgram was tagged and they didn't know he would sign. Plus Pederson uses two tight ends in his offense and they lost Manhertz, so the pick made sense. Let's give him some time before we say it was a bad choice. The 3rd rounder I'm less enthusiastic about, but we're only 5 games in. If he can give us ETN like play as the season wears on it will be a good thing.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-10-2023, 08:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 03:42 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Haha!!!  Technically, that's the true.  There's no way I can argue with the fact that Strange's rookie season is already better than ETN's rookie season!  I concede to your wit.

But you get my point.  We didn't need to go TE at pick 60...  That's all I'm saying.  The ETN pick, I think worked out best.  Will the Strange pick work at as good?  I don't think so.  And I'm pretty sure you know it won't either.  Engram is money.  And we have him for another 3 years.  I think NYC4Jags made a point that we all got really high on how good our O-Line was because of our success at the end of 2022.  And it turned out to be fools gold.  Or...  Maybe we adjust and start making a similar run as last year but from a better position?  

Doug Pederson has a tendency of starting season's slow and then making huge pushes towards late November and December.  We could just be watching a team slowly building up to goals Pederson has been privately been organizing.  I don't trust Press Taylor.  But I do trust Doug Pederson.

On draft day Emgram was tagged and they didn't know he would sign. Plus Pederson uses two tight ends in his offense and they lost Manhertz, so the pick made sense. Let's give him some time before we say it was a bad choice. The 3rd rounder I'm less enthusiastic about, but we're only 5 games in. If he can give us ETN like play as the season wears on it will be a good thing.
Evem with Emgram signed they were still good for a year. No need to panic draft a blocking TE in RD2. It was a strange decision.

Should tank for Bowers. Trade Emgram and a future pick to secure him.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-10-2023, 10:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 08:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: On draft day Emgram was tagged and they didn't know he would sign. Plus Pederson uses two tight ends in his offense and they lost Manhertz, so the pick made sense. Let's give him some time before we say it was a bad choice. The 3rd rounder I'm less enthusiastic about, but we're only 5 games in. If he can give us ETN like play as the season wears on it will be a good thing.
Evem with Emgram signed they were still good for a year. No need to panic draft a blocking TE in RD2. It was a strange decision.

That you think Strange is just a blocking tight end explains the lunacy of that take.

(10-10-2023, 05:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 05:18 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Some jackwagon that likes the Florida Gators laughed at me for comparing Sproles to ETN by saying that Sproles was 4 inches shorter... 

Elite-EN's 40 was 4.40
Sprole's 40 was 4.49

They were comparable out of college, if you actually watched ETN play at Clemson.  But, you know.  Dudes that simp on the Gators generally have no real understanding about football.  LOL

5'6" man lol.  Sproles was good but not comparable to ETN.  Man said "simp" lol.  We have seen you knowledge of football on this board lol

The important thing to remember is that Urbs was drafting a 3rd down back to compliment Carlos Hyde in his offense since he couldn't get K. Toney to be his gadget slot guy. So the comparison to Sproles is probably what that moron was thinking about. ETN wasn't even seen as a #1 back by the team that picked him. That's even a step further down on the value board since he was drafting a 3rd member of his RB committee. It's wild that he was just so bad at every part of being in the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 07:59 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-11-2023, 07:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 10:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Evem with Emgram signed they were still good for a year. No need to panic draft a blocking TE in RD2. It was a strange decision.

That you think Strange is just a blocking tight end explains the lunacy of that take.

Very few tight ends excel in their rookie year.  Besides the #1 pick, the pick I still question the most is Bigsby with the condition of our OL.  It didn't and still doesn't make sense.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-11-2023, 07:58 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 07:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That you think Strange is just a blocking tight end explains the lunacy of that take.

Very few tight ends excel in their rookie year.  Besides the #1 pick, the pick I still question the most is Bigsby with the condition of our OL.

Agreed, but it seems they were content with our merry band of losers going into the offseason.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 09:37 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

If they wanted a RT, Harrison better turn out to be a better player than 6'8" 375 lb First team All American RT Dawand Jones or it will be another massive miss. If Little plays at a high level at LG this year and Harrison continues to struggle it wouldn't surprise me if they move Harrison to LT next year and draft a RT

(10-10-2023, 08:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 04:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There is only one Barry Sanders, he's the GOAT.  That's the only RB you would take in the 1st, gotcha.  I'm talking about our starting oline,  yes they are all high draft picks.  Cam and Little were 2nd round picks, Scherff and Harrison were 1st round picks, and Fortner was the 1st pick in the 3rd round.  All high draft picks

But what did he help the Browns win?

If you could draft Joe Thomas or Travis ETN who you taking?

Joe Thomas, but there are some RBs I would take over Joe Thomas

(10-11-2023, 07:58 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 07:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That you think Strange is just a blocking tight end explains the lunacy of that take.

Very few tight ends excel in their rookie year.  Besides the #1 pick, the pick I still question the most is Bigsby with the condition of our OL.  It didn't and still doesn't make sense.

...and Ventrell Miller in the fourth 
Cry

(10-11-2023, 10:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 07:58 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Very few tight ends excel in their rookie year.  Besides the #1 pick, the pick I still question the most is Bigsby with the condition of our OL.  It didn't and still doesn't make sense.

...and Ventrell Miller in the fourth 
Cry

You guys can question these rookies all you want, but you won't know anything until they've had at least a year in the league.

(10-11-2023, 10:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 10:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: ...and Ventrell Miller in the fourth 
Cry

You guys can question these rookies all you want, but you won't know anything until they've had at least a year in the league.
Yeah, that pick looks bad now because he got injured.  That could of happened to any player.  It would of looked like a damn food pick if not for the injury with Lloyd out the last few weeks.

Cry

I'm not questioning the rookie.

I'm questioning selecting a player we 100% didn't need in any way form or fashion while letting the interior OL rot on the vine.

Cry

Unless he turns out to be a superstar, Bigsby was a horrible pick.  A backup RB I the third?  A draft spot where you often get starters?  Not to mention the OL was a huge question mark going into the season.  It was a bad pick unless some miracle occurs.

(10-10-2023, 10:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 08:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's not about single handedly, it's about largest impact, so why spend valuable draft capital on the one least likely to do it and for the shortest amount of time with the cheapest replacement cost? It's simply about value and running backs don't have it. It's the same reason why they're [BLEEP] about their contracts, because they are at the bottom of the value list in this League and now they're getting paid like it.

You said running backs don't make bad teams good, therefore they should not be selected where Etienne was, which was late in the first round.  And my question for you is, what other single player (other than getting lucky on a QB) would make a bad team good?  There aren't any.

And besides, the choice isn't do we pick a RB or do we pick another position.  The choice is, do we pick THIS player or do we pick THAT player.  If we go by your rule, we'd pass on Barry Sanders and take some other guy, just because he plays a different position that you consider more impactful.

Great hyperbole. Nobody is going to expect Barry in the mid-20s of a darft nor are they going to take you seriously if you are trying to say Etienne=Barry.

This past sunday was a good indicator of what I said last week, we need to get him to run the ball off tackle more often because that's typically when he breaks one off.

(10-11-2023, 12:29 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This past sunday was a good indicator of what I said last week, we need to get him to run the ball off tackle more often because that's typically when he breaks one off.

His long run to seal it was between LT and LG.  Some of his other longer runs were designed inside runs that he bounced.  People (not specifically you) need to look at the highlights before they complain about running Etienne inside.  Typically, most of your longer runs in the NFL are inside or are inside calls bounced to the outside.  Defensive players are far too quick nowadays to be running plays wide on any sort of consistent basis.

(10-11-2023, 12:27 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 10:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You said running backs don't make bad teams good, therefore they should not be selected where Etienne was, which was late in the first round.  And my question for you is, what other single player (other than getting lucky on a QB) would make a bad team good?  There aren't any.

And besides, the choice isn't do we pick a RB or do we pick another position.  The choice is, do we pick THIS player or do we pick THAT player.  If we go by your rule, we'd pass on Barry Sanders and take some other guy, just because he plays a different position that you consider more impactful.

Great hyperbole. Nobody is going to expect Barry in the mid-20s of a darft nor are they going to take you seriously if you are trying to say Etienne=Barry.

No, but my point is, if you apply your rule as strictly as some people are suggesting, "I would never pick a RB in the first round," then, theoretically, you'd pass on Barry Sanders, and take Joe Blow because he plays a more valuable position.    

Position value is important, but so is talent level.  You have to factor in both of those.  With the 25th pick in the draft, Travis Etienne was a great pick.  Position value was not that great, but talent level made up for it.

Regardless of position and where he was drafted, I'm glad we have him. Our current running game would be non existent without him. He'd be 10 times better if our o line could get him to the 2nd level consistently. It's nice to see him bouncing to the outside more.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 01:58 PM by Caldrac. Edited 3 times in total.)

(10-11-2023, 07:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 10:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Evem with Emgram signed they were still good for a year. No need to panic draft a blocking TE in RD2. It was a strange decision.

At least I can spell Engram correctly. 

Until Strange shows anything in the receiving department I'll continue to assume we over drafted an H-back option that had a penchant for blocking coming out of Penn St. and was primarily lauded for his ability as a blocker and not a pass catcher. At this level he's only shown a penchant for false starts and holding.

Most analysts had this kid with a 4th RD grade on him as well. Including the NFL website experts. We failed in RD2 and RD3. No need to simp for Baalke. He sucks and he's been heavily carried by a franchise QB and competent coaching staff on offense that can succeed in spite of [BLEEP] box decision making in the annual war room. 

Emgram.... lololololololololololol. Enhance your knowledge base on this roster's names. I was joking about tanking for Bowers by the way. I would rather win with guys like Strange and Engram Vs. losing on purpose. Bowers will be more surefire than Pitts was coming out though. Hopefully he doesn't end up in the AFC South for anybody else.

[Image: R.06950dc2ae8d0f13c3592c529f312485?rik=K...ImgRaw&r=0]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."