Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars vs Colts talk

(10-12-2023, 11:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-12-2023, 10:55 AM)Mikey Wrote: probably should be noted that misspelling to get around the filter as in post 102 is equally risky if you are trying to avoid the warnings

/pushes glasses up nose

The irony is bastards is allowed.

[extremely Todd Flanders voice]
Ow, my frickin' ears!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-13-2023, 08:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-12-2023, 11:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The irony is bastards is allowed.

If they weren't no one would be posting here.

[Image: giphy.gif]

No Zay and no Little this weekend.

Smoot will make his debut.

Can honestly seeing this game go either way. Pretty evenly matched

Caught a break with Braden Smith being out for the Dolts. He’s their 3rd highest rated OL by PFF, but (for reference) he is graded 10 full points higher than any OL playing for us this Sunday. He’s replaced by a rookie who would be our 2nd lowest graded OL. I know many hate PFF grades for OL, but any way you look at it we are fortunate that Smith is out…

(10-13-2023, 04:55 PM)Hetfield Wrote: Caught a break with Braden Smith being out for the Dolts.  He’s their 3rd highest rated OL by PFF, but (for reference) he is graded 10 full points higher than any OL playing for us this Sunday.  He’s replaced by a rookie who would be our 2nd lowest graded OL.  I know many hate PFF grades for OL, but any way you look at it we are fortunate that Smith is out…

The question is can Walker take advantage of the backup?  Hopefully he looks better than he did against the Texans back ups

(10-13-2023, 05:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 04:55 PM)Hetfield Wrote: Caught a break with Braden Smith being out for the Dolts.  He’s their 3rd highest rated OL by PFF, but (for reference) he is graded 10 full points higher than any OL playing for us this Sunday.  He’s replaced by a rookie who would be our 2nd lowest graded OL.  I know many hate PFF grades for OL, but any way you look at it we are fortunate that Smith is out…

The question is can Walker take advantage of the backup?  Hopefully he looks better than he did against the Texans back ups

Heck I can already answer that question. Walker has played in 20 career games and has mustard up just 5.5 sacks. The answer is probably not.

https://youtu.be/DW9qLc9Gav4?si=By_qNZglrAp5IQCI

Good interview with Doug. Didn't know he had a brother. He died two years ago from pancreatic cancer. Tough to hear that. He's a good coach though. Real humble. I can see why the players like him.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-13-2023, 01:10 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Can honestly seeing this game go either way. Pretty evenly matched

No they are not.  We have the advantage in the one area that counts.  Should Jacksonville lose it will be because we laid an egg.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(10-13-2023, 06:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 05:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The question is can Walker take advantage of the backup?  Hopefully he looks better than he did against the Texans back ups

Heck I can already answer that question. Walker has played in 20 career games and has mustard up just 5.5 sacks. The answer is probably not.
I think you meant relish’d up.

(10-13-2023, 08:01 PM)copycat Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 01:10 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Can honestly seeing this game go either way. Pretty evenly matched

No they are not.  We have the advantage in the one area that counts.  Should Jacksonville lose it will be because we laid an egg.

If we lose it will be in the trenches because they have us there

(10-13-2023, 07:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://youtu.be/DW9qLc9Gav4?si=By_qNZglrAp5IQCI

Good interview with Doug. Didn't know he had a brother. He died two years ago from pancreatic cancer. Tough to hear that. He's a good coach though. Real humble. I can see why the players like him.

Yeah, his brother was the reason he took the year off.  I love Doug.

(10-13-2023, 08:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 06:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Heck I can already answer that question. Walker has played in 20 career games and has mustard up just 5.5 sacks. The answer is probably not.
I think you meant relish’d up.

Pat Mahomes has ketchup'd 203 touchdowns in his career thus far.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2023, 11:42 PM by ShivanWurm.)

I have a real bad feeling about this game. It’s a game we should win and I’m worried that’s why we won’t. That home streak against Indy has to end at some point.

Smoot should open up Travon and allen

I think it will be quite similar to Week 1. Both teams had times they were controlling the game but we put enough big plays together late on to win it.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2023, 05:42 AM by JaguarJosh2.)

I hope this game isn't a buzz kill. I could definitely see it going poorly, but we normally play good ball all around at home against Indy.. we can't have Minshew coming in here taking the Colts to sole possession of first place in the division already.

(10-13-2023, 11:43 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Smoot should open up Travon and allen

One would hope.  Can't let Minshew be comfortable.

I’m not counting on Smoot for anything. First game back after an Achilles tear?

(10-14-2023, 07:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
I’m not counting on Smoot for anything. First game back after an Achilles tear?

prolly 20 snaps if we're lucky

(10-14-2023, 08:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 07:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m not counting on Smoot for anything. First game back after an Achilles tear?

prolly 20 snaps if we're lucky
Yeah. Low pitch count.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."