Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(10-21-2023, 11:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 04:12 PM)copycat Wrote: If anyone ever had a doubt about the so called national media this alone should push them over the edge.

If anyone ever had a doubt that photoshopped memes shouldn't be counted as truth this link alone should push them back off the ledge:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/health/hy...index.html

For those who don't care to go to the link, the second article headline is actually

"Study finds hydroxychloroquine may have boosted survival, but other researchers have doubts"

Geez, you people make me defend CNN against exactly the kind of crap they pull all the time. I'm gonna go take a shower, I feel icky.

Well geez FSG, every article could read that way.  “Researchers find water is wet but other have doubts.”  But I’ll give this one to you, I still stand by my point though, I don’t trust any of the national media outlets.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-21-2023, 02:55 PM)copycat Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 11:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If anyone ever had a doubt that photoshopped memes shouldn't be counted as truth this link alone should push them back off the ledge:

For those who don't care to go to the link, the second article headline is actually

"Study finds hydroxychloroquine may have boosted survival, but other researchers have doubts"

Geez, you people make me defend CNN against exactly the kind of crap they pull all the time. I'm gonna go take a shower, I feel icky.

Well geez FSG, every article could read that way.  “Researchers find water is wet but other have doubts.”  But I’ll give this one to you, I still stand by my point though, I don’t trust any of the national media outlets.

The point is the meme was photoshopped to say something the article did not. ?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-21-2023, 03:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 02:55 PM)copycat Wrote: Well geez FSG, every article could read that way.  “Researchers find water is wet but other have doubts.”  But I’ll give this one to you, I still stand by my point though, I don’t trust any of the national media outlets.

The point is the meme was photoshopped to say something the article did not. ?

No, that was your point. Mine was our MSM sucks and even though this was photoshopped would you put it past them to do exactly that?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

“In what one scientist described as an “admission of epic proportions,” Health Canada on Thursday confirmed the presence of DNA contamination in Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines, and also confirmed that Pfizer did not disclose the contamination to the public health authority.”

——

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defen...d-vaccine/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2023, 08:41 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-21-2023, 11:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 04:12 PM)copycat Wrote: If anyone ever had a doubt about the so called national media this alone should push them over the edge.

If anyone ever had a doubt that photoshopped memes shouldn't be counted as truth this link alone should push them back off the ledge:

Your arguments are getting weaker and weaker. A wiser man would realize he's being manipulated.

http://web.archive.org/web/2020070304023...index.html

(10-21-2023, 08:38 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 11:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If anyone ever had a doubt that photoshopped memes shouldn't be counted as truth this link alone should push them back off the ledge:

Your arguments are getting weaker and weaker. A wiser man would realize he's being manipulated.

http://web.archive.org/web/2020070304023...index.html

Nonsense, you'll never realize it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Never realize what? That your argument was predicated on an editor changing a date after blowback? That post wasn't a conspiracy. CNN changed the headline. You're the sucker.

(10-21-2023, 10:04 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Never realize what? That your argument was predicated on an editor changing a date after blowback? That post wasn't a conspiracy. CNN changed the headline. You're the sucker.

You're right, I searched for what you found before I posted and didn't find it.

I don’t see hardly any mask wearing lately.

(10-22-2023, 10:31 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I don’t see hardly any mask wearing lately.

Today I was in a Starbucks and the female who took our drink order was wearing a mask. What made me do a double take was she also had a full beard. I had to look at her chest to make sure she had boobs and not moobs. She was a female on some jacked amounts of testosterone. But that's another subject.

I mostly see black folks or really elderly folks who likely have wrecked immune systems wearing masks.

(10-22-2023, 09:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Today I was in a Starbucks and the female who took our drink order was wearing a mask. What made me do a double take was she also had a full beard. I had to look at her chest to make sure she had boobs and not moobs. She was a female on some jacked amounts of testosterone. But that's another subject.
[i]
ers
[/i]I mostly see black folks or really elderly folks who likely have wrecked immune systems wearing masks.
I see that as well. Not that I'm mentally counting, but I would ball park it at about 60 to 70%. There's an interesting sociological study waiting there for someone to most likely politicize.

Unfortunately, I'm also aware lately that people undergoing chemotherapy are also masking up.  Or at least they should be.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-23-2023, 07:13 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 09:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Today I was in a Starbucks and the female who took our drink order was wearing a mask. What made me do a double take was she also had a full beard. I had to look at her chest to make sure she had boobs and not moobs. She was a female on some jacked amounts of testosterone. But that's another subject.
[i]
ers
[/i]I mostly see black folks or really elderly folks who likely have wrecked immune systems wearing masks.
I see that as well. Not that I'm mentally counting, but I would ball park it at about 60 to 70%. There's an interesting sociological study waiting there for someone to most likely politicize.

Unfortunately, I'm also aware lately that people undergoing chemotherapy are also masking up.  Or at least they should be.

Agreed on the sociological study. I did notice quite a few folks over the weekend masked up at gas stations in the Columbia, SC area. Almost all of the event staff at the Heilung show were also masked up. It was predominately black people. A few older white women. 

Better safe than sorry I guess. Regardless of my views on everything. I understand one's fears or needs of wanting some sense of security. It's the folks in their cars though that kill me with their masks on. Unless it's an Uber, Taxi or Lyft situation. Makes zero sense to me.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Agreed.. No forgiveness. [BLEEP] you!!

https://twitter.com/ChayaRaichik10/statu...EiVkQ&s=19
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

While we were in North Carolina last week, my wife wore a regular surgical mask to keep her nose warm.  It was cold at times.

I wear mine while making bank withdrawals.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2023, 10:02 AM by Jag88.)

(10-30-2023, 06:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

While we were in North Carolina last week, my wife wore a regular surgical mask to keep her nose warm.  It was cold at times.

The mask actually has various potential uses.

(10-30-2023, 06:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I wear mine while making bank withdrawals.

Lol

My mom' is in a nursing home (Pittsburgh) and they reverted back to mask wearing due to a recent outbreak. Mom was hospitalized 4 nights with Covid and pneumonia but is slowly recovering. While they have just lifted the mask mandate, some people wear it for personal reasons, one of which wears her mask because her husband had a liver transplant and is deemed high risk. As such, I really don't judge people's decision to wear a mask as that is their own prerogative. Personally, I don't wear one unless required, or out of courtesy when visiting elderly relatives that have health issues.

(11-01-2023, 12:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: My mom' is in a nursing home (Pittsburgh) and they reverted back to mask wearing due to a recent outbreak.  Mom was hospitalized 4 nights with Covid and pneumonia but is slowly recovering.  While they have just lifted the mask mandate, some people wear it for personal reasons, one of which wears her mask because her husband had a liver transplant and is deemed high risk.  As such, I really don't judge people's decision to wear a mask as that is their own prerogative.  Personally, I don't wear one unless required, or out of courtesy when visiting elderly relatives that have health issues.

Same here. We don’t know if folks who are masked up have someone at home who is immunocompromised. Heck, I saw one guy at Costco sporting a full-on respirator with dual filters. It made me roll my eyes but he may live in a household with a person who is not well. 

While in Japan back in the 80s, it was common to see people wearing masks. I think that may become a thing around the world for quite a while. Sometimes I wonder if there will ever be a time when COVID is a thing of the past. However, I’m sure people back in the days of the Spanish flu thought the same thing.

(11-01-2023, 12:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: My mom' is in a nursing home (Pittsburgh) and they reverted back to mask wearing due to a recent outbreak.  Mom was hospitalized 4 nights with Covid and pneumonia but is slowly recovering.  While they have just lifted the mask mandate, some people wear it for personal reasons, one of which wears her mask because her husband had a liver transplant and is deemed high risk.  As such, I really don't judge people's decision to wear a mask as that is their own prerogative.  Personally, I don't wear one unless required, or out of courtesy when visiting elderly relatives that have health issues.

I will absolutely judge the person wearing a mask while riding alone in their car. Lol. I don't see it as often now but a couple of years ago it was definitely a thing. Or the guy wearing a mask while riding his motorcycle, though that can have the practical use of keeping the bugs out of his mouth and nose.

Meh, I just assume people in their car forgot they were wearing it.