Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

ETN making up for that lost year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-29-2023, 04:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: ETN making up for that lost year.

We sure he was injured that first year? Maybe he didn't like Urbz. Really though he is proving to be an exceptionally good choice. I wasn't on board buy yeah it has worked out. Good to be wrong.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

One of Baalke's best picks

(10-29-2023, 05:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One of Baalke's best picks

ETN has won at least 2 games for us this year alone.  

You can tell what a liability RB is when you remove him and let Tank get reps...

ETN is worth is weight in gold.  I know many think there were better value options at his pick in the first round.  But, man.  when you see how ETN is carrying this offense?  

ETN is gold.  The dude is Atlas, carrying the O-Line and the the offense on his shoulders.  If he has a career similar to Mixon, he deserves a second contract.  And honestly, I think he's better than Mixon.

(10-29-2023, 05:12 PM)carp8dm Wrote:

ETN has won at least 2 games for us this year alone.  

You can tell what a liability RB is when you remove him and let Tank get reps...

ETN is worth is weight in gold.  I know many think there were better value options at his pick in the first round.  But, man.  when you see how ETN is carrying this offense?  

ETN is gold.  The dude is Atlas, carrying the O-Line and the the offense on his shoulders.  If he has a career similar to Mixon, he deserves a second contract.  And honestly, I think he's better than Mixon.

I think he's a top 5 back, easily.

(10-29-2023, 05:36 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 05:12 PM)carp8dm Wrote: ETN has won at least 2 games for us this year alone.  

I think he's a top 5 back, easily.

Easily top 3, could argue top 2

Urbz, not Baalke. And Urbz wanted Kedarius instead, taking ETN only because he needed a gadget guy and change of pace back..We're damn lucky it's turned out so well.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2023, 06:18 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-29-2023, 06:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Urbz, not Baalke. And Urbz wanted Kedarius instead, taking ETN only because he needed a gadget guy and change of pace back..We're damn lucky it's turned out so well.

We know Urbz wanted KT but you have zero clue who Ballke wanted.   This was a Urbz and a Baalke pick.  RB with elite athletism when all we had at the time was JRob is absolutely a Baalke pick as well.  I'm sure Etienne was higher on Baalkes board than KT. We have lucked out we didn't take the guy you wanted every year lol. That's what we have lucked out on becuase we would still be at the bottom of the basement

I loved this pick on draft day. I was excited for him to be paired with James Robinson. And a smart approach to have familiarity with the QB you drafted as well. I expected explosive plays. I didn't expect him to already be RB1 as soon as he did. It worked out.

(10-29-2023, 06:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 06:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Urbz, not Baalke. And Urbz wanted Kedarius instead, taking ETN only because he needed a gadget guy and change of pace back..We're damn lucky it's turned out so well.

We know Urbz wanted KT but you have zero clue who Ballke wanted.   This was a Urbz and a Baalke pick.  RB with elite athletism when all we had at the time was JRob is absolutely a Baalke pick as well.  I'm sure Etienne was higher on Baalkes board than KT.  We have lucked out we didn't take the guy you wanted every year lol.  That's what we have lucked out on becuase we would still be at the bottom of the basement

You aren't sure of that at all, because it's not so. Had we taken my guys we'd have strong trenches and not get our Franchise beat up every week.

(10-29-2023, 06:23 PM)Jagulars Wrote: I loved this pick on draft day. I was excited for him to be paired with James Robinson. And a smart approach to have familiarity with the QB you drafted as well. I expected explosive plays. I didn't expect him to already be RB1 as soon as he did. It worked out.

The guys who took him didn't expect him to be an RB1 either, he was here to spell Carlos Hyde on 3rd down and run end arounds, lol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-29-2023, 06:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 06:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We know Urbz wanted KT but you have zero clue who Ballke wanted.   This was a Urbz and a Baalke pick.  RB with elite athletism when all we had at the time was JRob is absolutely a Baalke pick as well.  I'm sure Etienne was higher on Baalkes board than KT.  We have lucked out we didn't take the guy you wanted every year lol.  That's what we have lucked out on becuase we would still be at the bottom of the basement

You aren't sure of that at all, because it's not so. Had we taken my guys we'd have strong trenches and not get our Franchise beat up every week.

(10-29-2023, 06:23 PM)Jagulars Wrote: I loved this pick on draft day. I was excited for him to be paired with James Robinson. And a smart approach to have familiarity with the QB you drafted as well. I expected explosive plays. I didn't expect him to already be RB1 as soon as he did. It worked out.

The guys who took him didn't expect him to be an RB1 either, he was here to spell Carlos Hyde on 3rd down and run end arounds, lol.

Just becuase you draft lineman early doesnt make it strong trenches.  Evan Neal is one of the worst tackles in the league and Barmore is just a decent tackle.  We would be much worse than we are right now.

I was excited on draft day, I did agree maybe RB wasn't the ideal position for us at the time but like I said back on draft day, ETN was a top 10 talent in that draft the only thing that made it questionable was his position.

(10-29-2023, 07:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 06:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You aren't sure of that at all, because it's not so. Had we taken my guys we'd have strong trenches and not get our Franchise beat up every week.

Just becuase you draft lineman early doesnt make it strong trenches.  Evan Neal is one of the worst tackles in the league and Barmore is just a decent tackle.  We would be much worse than we are right now.

This.

ETN was the best pick of the draft.  We got a guy that carries an offense.  There isn't a Lineman at that same spot that could impact the team as much as ETN.

The dude is just special.

You draft special.  People that think you can get discount special, are ignoring what special really is.

MJD is special.  We should have taken a Lineman, or a Edge rusher instead of MJD.  We already had Freddy Taylor.  

But we took MJD.  Do you know why?  Cuz he's special.

ETN is that type of RB.  He was the best call for the spot we were drafting.

(10-29-2023, 07:20 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 07:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just becuase you draft lineman early doesnt make it strong trenches.  Evan Neal is one of the worst tackles in the league and Barmore is just a decent tackle.  We would be much worse than we are right now.

This.

ETN was the best pick of the draft.  We got a guy that carries an offense.  There isn't a Lineman at that same spot that could impact the team as much as ETN.

The dude is just special.

You draft special.  People that think you can get discount special, are ignoring what special really is.

MJD is special.  We should have taken a Lineman, or a Edge rusher instead of MJD.  We already had Freddy Taylor.  

But we took MJD.  Do you know why?  Cuz he's special.

ETN is that type of RB.  He was the best call for the spot we were drafting.

How is it living 20 years in the past?

When they chose to select a RB in the first round most were dismayed. (now that is putting it as politely as I can) Somewhere maybe in a secret place are stone tablets with draft rules written on them. I suspect they will not have written on them thou shall not select a RB in the first round. I am betting ETN would not have been there had they not taken him when they did. Below is last years rushing leaders that were ahead of ETN

Josh Jacobs - 1st round
Derrick Henry - 2nd round
Nick Chubb - 2nd round
Saquon Barkley - 1st round
Christian McCaffrey - 1st round
Dalvin Cook - 2nd round
Miles Sanders - 2nd round
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-29-2023, 08:57 PM)Jag149 Wrote: When they chose to select a RB in the first round most were dismayed. (now that is putting it as politely as I can)  Somewhere maybe in a secret place are stone tablets with draft rules written on them. I suspect they will not have written on them thou shall not select a RB in the first round.  I am betting ETN would not have been there had they not taken him when they did.  Below is last years rushing leaders that were ahead of ETN

Josh Jacobs - 1st round
Nick Chubb - 2nd round
Dalvin Cook  - 2nd round

And just look at all the success those teams had! Oh...wait...

(10-29-2023, 09:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 08:57 PM)Jag149 Wrote: When they chose to select a RB in the first round most were dismayed. (now that is putting it as politely as I can)  Somewhere maybe in a secret place are stone tablets with draft rules written on them. I suspect they will not have written on them thou shall not select a RB in the first round.  I am betting ETN would not have been there had they not taken him when they did.  Below is last years rushing leaders that were ahead of ETN

Josh Jacobs - 1st round
Nick Chubb - 2nd round
Dalvin Cook  - 2nd round

And just look at all the success those teams had! Oh...wait...

You do have a point there. The only problem with it is as football is a team sport the lack of success was not the fault of the running back.

(10-29-2023, 09:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 09:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And just look at all the success those teams had! Oh...wait...

You do have a point there. The only problem with it is as football is a team sport the lack of success was not the fault of the running back.

The point, as it's been all along, is that Running Backs are a final piece rather than a foundation one. Good teams need a running back, running backs don't make teams good, and good teams can take them anywhere. The ETN pick was bad strategy that we are very lucky worked out.

(10-29-2023, 09:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 09:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote: You do have a point there. The only problem with it is as football is a team sport the lack of success was not the fault of the running back.

The point, as it's been all along, is that Running Backs are a final piece rather than a foundation one. Good teams need a running back, running backs don't make teams good, and good teams can take them anywhere. The ETN pick was bad strategy that we are very lucky worked out.

Cool, got it. (I actually agree)  I have 2 points. one, if you want a good RB you will need to take one early. Two, these guys we have had in management have been getting lucky A LOT lately.

(10-29-2023, 09:36 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 09:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The point, as it's been all along, is that Running Backs are a final piece rather than a foundation one. Good teams need a running back, running backs don't make teams good, and good teams can take them anywhere. The ETN pick was bad strategy that we are very lucky worked out.

Cool, got it. (I actually agree)  I have 2 points. one, if you want a good RB you will need to take one early. Two, these guys we have had in management have been getting lucky A LOT lately.

Every year a few teams with a good run blocking line have a late round or UDFA come in after injury to the starter and play the same or better. 

Lots of good backs available later in the draft - and this is a smart way to build and stock your RB room while reserving early picks for positions of greater value

Tony Pollard 128th overall
James Connor 105th overall
Brian Robinson 98th 
Davon Achsen - 84th
Raheem Mostert  UDFA
Pacheco - 251st overall
Karen Williams - 164th overall