Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tank Bigsby RB Round 3

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2023, 09:18 AM by Caldrac. Edited 3 times in total.)

(05-02-2023, 11:20 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-02-2023, 11:15 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: He actually ran a 4.45 during his Pro Day.  This makes more sense since his gameday speed appears to be a lot quicker than 4.56.

Apparently, he was not happy with his combine time of 4.56 so he worked on his 40 yard dash in advance of his Pro Day.  As we all know, technique is critical for sprinters so perhaps he improved technique or just didn't have it the day of his combine.  Based on his highlight reel, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with regard to speed and quickness.

I watched some of his highlights. For a guy that's considered violent and a short yardage back I think that's misleading. He shows a lot of lateral ability and good enough vision to find the most real estate to attack once he gets into the 2nd level. 

Again, my biggest concern is 8 career fumbles on 540 career attempts. Etienne had the same issue last year with 5 I think. BOTH of these guys need to hold onto the football like it's their only child and they're escaping a house fire.

His fumbles were a concern for me back when we drafted him and they continue to be a concern now with the limited opportunities he's had. The only thing that's promising is that Etienne also had this problem last year and he's been great in protecting it this year. So, there's some hope there with Tank. 

I do have concerns though for Etienne down this 2nd half of the year. We're fixing to start seeing tougher defenses in tougher weather with tougher situations revealing themselves as the play-off race heats up. It's absolutely VITAL that this coaching staff and the RB room in general starts to take it up a notch when called into action to relieve Etienne.

Bigsby needs to get it going. Reminder, we took this guy over some notable needs at other positions. Darnell Washington at TE, Kelee Ringo at CB, Blake Freeland, Anthony Bradford & Dawand Jones at various OL positions. 

Also, where the [BLEEP] is Hasty at? Why did they extend him and now they're not using him at all? Same with Johnson? You made all these moves and investments in the off season and none of them are being used really. Bigsby and Johnson have combined for less than 100 yards rushing over eight games. 

Time to get these other guys involved to keep your star players fresh and upright for the big time moments in big time games.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bigsby needs to take a seat he hast Butterfingers
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I remember a preseason argument about Etienne, about whether a running back can learn to stop fumbling. Several people said no it's impossible, a running back cannot learn to stop fumbling. And yet Etienne appears to have done just that.

So there is hope for Bigsby.

Tiki Barber

(10-30-2023, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I remember a preseason argument about Etienne, about whether a running back can learn to stop fumbling.  Several people said no it's impossible, a running back cannot learn to stop fumbling.  And yet Etienne appears to have done just that. 

Tiki Barber as well. It's just about being more aware of your surroundings and holding the ball higher and tighter to your body instead of too loose like a loaf of bread. 

There's absolutely hope for Bigsby. I just hope somebody else emerges soon behind Etienne because we're very, very pedestrian without him carrying it the majority of the time.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-30-2023, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I remember a preseason argument about Etienne, about whether a running back can learn to stop fumbling.  Several people said no it's impossible, a running back cannot learn to stop fumbling.  And yet Etienne appears to have done just that. 

Yes there is. First thing I would like to review that fumble yesterday. Initially it was ruled down by contact by multiple ref's, then was changed by one ref. If the call had remained down by contact then it wouldn't have been a fumble. 

As I remember it. He was moving laterally and 2 guys hit him almost immediately upon getting the ball. Not his issue, but not an excuse.  They held him up while they fought to dislodge the ball. He had both hands on it while they fought over it.  The replay showed while the ball began to move some he had it until he hit the ground. It was pretty close to a forward progress whistle. I am not sure many players would have not fumbled that one. 

Did anyone notice the replays after events yesterday were very sparse and from long range?  Case in point that reception on the sideline Pickens on a long 3rd down.  If Doug doesn't challenge that it would have stayed complete. In fact a an announcer said New York had intervened.  While close, Pickens was clearly out.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I thought it was interesting that the lady ref quickly called him down and another ref who appeared to be farther away ran in and overruled her.

Tank’s fumble wasn’t a fumble yesterday. Just a poor call. Nevertheless , D’Ernest needs the #2 carries right now. We don’t have to have a second back that’s a game breaker. Just steady production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I think Bigsby is still a good back with some juice. Just hold on to the dog gone football.

The ball may have moved out of the tucked position against his chest - but the football was literally resting in the grip of his left hand as his knee touched the ground. He had control of it.

Horrible call upon review there - and it's the squealers whining about the refs today. LOL

Too slow and too fumble prone. Start getting Hasty and Johnson the Bigsby carries.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-30-2023, 10:56 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Too slow and too fumble prone. Start getting Hasty and Johnson the Bigsby carries.

All two of them!

(10-30-2023, 12:12 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 10:56 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Too slow and too fumble prone. Start getting Hasty and Johnson the Bigsby carries.

All two of them!

When 50% result in fumbles, YES

He didn't fumble.  That was a bad call.  It seemed pretty obvious on replay, he didn't lose the ball until he was already down.

(10-30-2023, 01:06 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

He didn't fumble.  That was a bad call.  It seemed pretty obvious on replay, he didn't lose the ball until he was already down.

That is also what I saw. Looked like the ball was still quite firmly in the grasp of his left hand even if the defender managed to move the carrier's other hand in his strip attempt.

(10-30-2023, 09:58 AM)ClemsonRob Wrote: I thought it was interesting that the lady ref quickly called him down and another ref who appeared to be farther away ran in and overruled her.

She had to be Mansplained why the call always has to favor the Jags' opponent.

(10-30-2023, 01:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 01:06 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: He didn't fumble.  That was a bad call.  It seemed pretty obvious on replay, he didn't lose the ball until he was already down.

That is also what I saw. Looked like the ball was still quite firmly in the grasp of his left hand even if the defender managed to move the carrier's other hand in his strip attempt.

When they reversed the call I said it was going to be much harder to find for the Jags on review. The real question is if it would've stood had the situation been reversed to Down By Contact and the lady ref not been overruled on the field. I think they would've found for the squealers in that case too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Still a bad pick. Hope he proves me wrong.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Refs had a bad day yesterday. The calls disrupted the flow of the game.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-30-2023, 01:06 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Still lost it. Most players seem to secure it even after contacting the ground. Why give the officials cause to make a fumble call in the first place?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-30-2023, 01:56 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 01:06 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: He didn't fumble.  That was a bad call.  It seemed pretty obvious on replay, he didn't lose the ball until he was already down.

Still lost it. Most players seem to secure it even after contacting the ground. Why give the officials cause to make a fumble call in the first place?

Ground can't cause a fumble. 
They have that rule for a reason.
Common occurrence.