Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tank Bigsby RB Round 3

I like this pick. It also covers a need since we didn’t have any quality depth behind Etienne. 

Welcome to Duuuuval.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Welcome Tank!

He will probably run under some kickoffs too.

I was not initially crazy about the pick, but I have little doubt this guy's going to be a solid NFL running back and in game of of the season if ETN has a knock I don't think we'll be as panicked s we would have been.

Welcome tank

(04-29-2023, 12:11 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He will probably run under some kickoffs too.

We already have Agnew.

I don't like the pick since we already have good depth at RB, and CB is more pressing as a need and a more premium position. However, I love the name - can't get more fitting for a RB than "Tank".

I like the players we got today, my only disappointment is we need corners and IOL and both te and rb are luxury picks for this team.

I really like his personality and his tape is great. But really slow at the combine like a 4.56.

I like the pick. A better back than Conner imo.

Very concerned about the defense at this point however, especially the pass rush or lack thereof.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2023, 02:41 AM by JagSwag. Edited 1 time in total.)

These picks would have been fine on day 3. I’m sure there’s a coherent plan that we’re not privy to, but I sure would have felt more confident if we’d drafted some actual starters. They must know of some hidden gems in the latter rounds to find a decent corner and/or pass rusher.

(04-29-2023, 02:40 AM)JagSwag Wrote: These picks would have been fine on day 3. I’m sure there’s a coherent plan that we’re not privy to, but I sure would have felt more confident if we’d drafted some actual starters. They must know of some hidden gems in the latter rounds to find a decent corner and/or pass rusher.

Understood but we have 21 of the 22 starters returning for our 2023 NFL season. We're drafting for depth this season. I expect us to draft defensively for most of this remaining draft process.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I picture us making a future trade in free agency to bolster the defense closer to playoffs

Yeah todays picks are ones you make when your team is really good with solid depth. We have big needs at G DT/edge and cb and we passed on some solid prospects. Hoping the guys we pick are great, but regarding this pick, you can find backup running backs in the 5th-undrafted pile.

This guy runs really hard and will upgrade the RB room and take some of the inside runs off of ETN’s plate.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

It's still crazy we took Strange over Torrence. Baalke trying to be smarter than every else again?

(04-29-2023, 07:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's still crazy we took Strange over Torrence.  Baalke trying to be smarter than every else again?

Why are you posting this in a thread about Tank Bigsby? You're spamming threads that have nothing to do with what you've been whining about all night. Please try and keep it to a pertinent thread.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2023, 08:43 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-29-2023, 07:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's still crazy we took Strange over Torrence.  Baalke trying to be smarter than every else again?

About all you can say is, there can be a hundred reasons one player is selected instead of another, and we are not privy to many of those.  Could be a lingering injury, or a character issue, or maybe one player just fits into what the team wants to do and the system they want to run, and the other doesn't as much.  Or maybe even, they thought they could trade down and still get Torrence, and it didn't work out.  Who knows?

As for "Baalke trying to be smarter than everyone else," of course he is.  That's what he's supposed to be doing.

(04-29-2023, 08:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

About all you can say is, there can be a hundred reasons one player is selected instead of another, and we are not privy to many of those.  Could be a lingering injury, or a character issue, or maybe one player just fits into what the team wants to do and the system they want to run, and the other doesn't as much.

True, I wonder if it was something in the interviews.  With LG being one of the biggest needs and the goal is to protect Trevor its a little crazy they didn't want to get the best G in the draft where a lot had him going to us at 24.  Of course being a Jags fan I'll support Strange though so hopefully he will be a much better pro than a college player. It's just crazy taking him in the 2nd and preaching about value.  I'd pay a lot of money to see what aour board looks like with and how the 127 players are ranked.