Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Murderer’s Row Schedule

I don’t think I have ever been more disquieted about a 6-2 team coming off a bye but after this past weeks results, and ascending QBs, this is who we have left that could jeopardize our playoff hopes: 

49ers
tacks x2 
Houston again 
Browns 
Bengals
Ravens 

The two “easy” games left are Carolina and Tampa Bay. If TB has something to play for which is likely in that division as no one seems to want to win it, that could be a tough out as well. 

What are your thoughts? Can we still make the playoffs? 

I think we still do but may be settling for a WC. 
Why? The Houston game. If they continue playing at a high level, and we lose it that may be the deciding game for the division crown.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

tacks suck and are in free-fall

tinhorns found a coach and QB - but we trounce them by ten points by simply not making stupid mistakes

bungles have a chink in their armor at run defense - otherwise a pretty even matchup/ good game IMO

niners with a healthy roster could be scary
ravens are scary when they are hitting on all cylinders
browns defense is ridiculous

Three games to "worry" about there by my count.

I'd be pretty surprised if we don't win 5 or 6 more on the way to a division title as things stand today.

I expect us to win. It's as simple as that. I think we'll have maybe one clunker of a game. Probably against the tacks or bucs but other than that? I expect this offense to finally start putting it altogether now consistently and for our pass rush to show up outside of Allen.

I think a minimum of 5 more wins with an 11 - 6 record will get us into the post season regardless. But, I think this team is capable of winning 12 to 13. I think we'll beat the 49ers, Ravens and Bengals. That's 9 wins there. I think we'll split with the tinhorns. That's 10 wins. I think they'll split with the tacks. That's 11 wins.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

They have to play us.

(11-06-2023, 11:52 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I don’t think I have ever been more disquieted about a 6-2 team coming off a bye but after this past weeks results, and ascending QBs, this is who we have left that could jeopardize our playoff hopes: 

49ers
tacks x2 
Houston again 
Browns 
Bengals
Ravens 

The two “easy” games left are Carolina and Tampa Bay. If TB has something to play for which is likely in that division as no one seems to want to win it, that could be a tough out as well. 

Why? The Houston game. If they continue playing at a high level, and we lose it that may be the deciding game for the division crown.

Tape is out on Levis, and his head coach is handcuffing him. I see those two TEN games as very winnable. Tampa and Carolina are the other two we should win. 10-7 Will take the division. I look at how we've played and the remaining schedule, 10-7 is likely where we finish. I don't think we beat SF or any of the remaining AFC North teams unless Trevor gets hot like he did last year. We simply don't have the juice offensively as it stands and I worry about ETN's workload/durability down the stretch.  We've relied on him heavily to carry the offense and I don't know how much longer we can use him like we have, 380 touch seasons are not ideal for longevity.

(11-06-2023, 11:52 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I don’t think I have ever been more disquieted about a 6-2 team coming off a bye but after this past weeks results, and ascending QBs, this is who we have left that could jeopardize our playoff hopes: 

5-3 49ers
3-5 tacks x2 
4-4 Houston again 
5-3 Browns 
5-3 Bengals
7-2 Ravens 

I added the records to your Murderers Row lineup.

The combined record of the teams above (factoring in the tacksx2) is 32-25

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 01:18 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-06-2023, 01:03 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

49ers
tacks x2 
Houston again 
Browns 
Bengals
Ravens 

Tape is out on Levis, and his head coach is handcuffing him. I see those two TEN games as very winnable. Tampa and Carolina are the other two we should win. 10-7 Will take the division. I look at how we've played and the remaining schedule, 10-7 is likely where we finish. I don't think we beat SF or any of the remaining AFC North teams unless Trevor gets hot like he did last year. We simply don't have the juice offensively as it stands and I worry about ETN's workload/durability down the stretch.  We've relied on him heavily to carry the offense and I don't know how much longer we can use him like we have, 380 touch seasons are not ideal for longevity.

That part right there in bold is exactly what everybody sees and is thinking. Because of this? That's actually why I see them getting hot and becoming a handful. It's obvious our defense has carried us the most of the way for the first half of the season. Now it's time for the offense to start pulling it's weight. 

Which it will. Willing to bet they did a lot of groundwork during the bye week knowing that this was the giant elephant in the room and I am convinced, that, between Zay getting back and Little / Cleveland being inserted onto the line that we'll see improvement. 

I think the coaching staff has to be thinking it's time to sit down Bigsby in favor of guys like Johnson and Hasty now to get Etienne his breaks when needed. 

We might start seeing Trevor do more with his legs and scrambling ability. Especially in the primetime games. The importance of beating teams like Baltimore and Cincinnati are crucial and this team knows that. 

Need to see more consistency offensively. More creativity. More involvement across the board inside the redzone. But, I think they'll ultimately put it together. This team is going to be dangerous here starting this Sunday. 

Hear me now. Believe me later. We're fixing to go on a tear. It won't always be pretty. Most NFL games are not. Look at how ugly the Eagles won yesterday and how ugly the Chiefs won. That's what good teams do. That's what our team has been doing now since last year. 

No reason to expect otherwise.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-06-2023, 01:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

5-3 49ers
3-5 tacks x2 
4-4 Houston again 
5-3 Browns 
5-3 Bengals
7-2 Ravens 

Our 5 game win streak has also all been against teams with a winning record

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 01:26 PM by Mikey.)

49ers
tacks x2 
Houston again 
Browns 
Bengals
Ravens 

We'll be fine. Everyone else has to play tough teams along the way, too, injuries happen, you can't really say what will unfold.

Houston is young and is subject to fluctuation, still. Long term they may be the ones giving us competition year in and year out, but I'd rather we get tested in the regular season and be ready for playoffs than to coast through a bunch of cupcakes and realize we're in over our head when the games are win or go home.

Worrry isn't going to make the team better.

5-3 49ers
3-5 tacks x2 
4-4 Houston again 
5-3 Browns 
5-3 Bengals
7-2 Ravens 

32-32 if you factor our future games in

(11-06-2023, 01:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 01:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I added the records to your Murderers Row lineup.

Our 5 game win streak has also all been against teams with a winning record

If you're cursing us in either of those tack games so help me,.....

Big Grin

5-3 49ers
3-5 tacks x2 
4-4 Houston again 
5-3 Browns 
5-3 Bengals
7-2 Ravens 

Left out the Panthers....they are 1-7, so 33-32?  This is what to expect when you play a first place schedule.  In the past we have stumbled on this.

Houston's schedule is a bit easier, much like ours was last year.  

5-3 Bengals
1-8 Arizona
6-2 Jags
3-5 Denver
4-3 Jets
3-5 Titans
5-3 Browns
3-5 Titans
4-6 Colts
34-40 Total.

Division has the opportunity to get real interesting fast.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

49ers
tacks x2 
Houston again 
Browns 
Bengals
Ravens 

I’m not worried about beating Tacks and Tinhorns. Our D is better than anyone Houston has been playing.

No excuse for not beating Carolina and Tampa.

Niners, Bengals, Ravens could easily be losses. But we’re good enough to win those, too. I think our D is better the Niners’ offense. If the Ravens and Bengals play like they did yesterday, we’ll have to play our best game to beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Maybe I need to go back and watch the All 22. But I don’t remember us running very many quick slants. I’d really like to see more of that. Kirk has the quicks to separate against anyone doing that. Plus Evan and a couple of our bigs could get open on those with body positioning. Zay can do it when he gets healthy, too.

Fix the O-Line!

We need to play better offensively or we could lose 6 of those games
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

It will be fun to watch. Hopefully not too stressful haha

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 03:18 PM by carp8dm.)

There is a murderer's row...

It's the mayo eating trash in Tennessee having to play us 2 times in the next 2 months.  That's their row.

The murderer's row is the racist piece of [BLEEP] Houston owner finna to realize his prize rookie QB is about to get his comeuppance and exposed as just another flash in the pan, just like every Ohio State trash QB.   (No offense to CJ Stroud.  Dude seems like a good guy.  But he's about to get a welcome to the NFL)

The murderer's row is us going to Cleveland and making sure that Watson knows that he's not welcome anywhere near a legitimate NFL team while we knock his rapist [BLEEP] into the dirt over and over again.

Cincy and SF are tough games.  And if we lose those, we lose those.  But there are teams on our list that we are about to send a message to.  We are the murderer's row.  Trash NFL teams about to get the Duval treatment.  And it's gonna be glorious.

We're the row.  This team has talent everywhere.  So long as the coaches keep them on point, we're gonna break some necks (metaphorically speaking, of course)

I'm actually glad that the schedule is going to be extremely hard. They will be battle-tested come playoff time which is always a plus. Quite possibly, they will not gain home field advantage throughout the playoffs but this can be overcome. It will inevitably come down to the AFC Championship game in Kansas City vs. the Chiefs. The Jaguars will be underdogs for good reason, but they are capable of beating the Chiefs on the road if the offense takes it to another level and the defense continues its great play. No one believed the Jaguars could beat the Broncos on the road during their playoff run in 1996-97, but that team proved that anything can happen come playoff time with a team that is peaking.

(11-06-2023, 03:43 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'm actually glad that the schedule is going to be extremely hard. They will be battle-tested come playoff time which is always a plus. Quite possibly, they will not gain home field advantage throughout the playoffs but this can be overcome. It will inevitably come down to the AFC Championship game in Kansas City vs. the Chiefs. The Jaguars will be underdogs for good reason, but they are capable of beating the Chiefs on the road if the offense takes it to another level and the defense continues its great play. No one believed the Jaguars could beat the Broncos on the road during their playoff run in 1996-97, but that team proved that anything can happen come playoff time with a team that is peaking.

Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 06:28 PM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

I feel a slump will happen here at some point. Surely we don't beat all of those good teams, but we can't let it linger for several games in a row. I don't see Houston winning at Cincinnati this week, so I don't think we will lose ground in the division this week anyway.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 08:12 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(11-06-2023, 06:27 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: I feel a slump will happen here at some point.  Surely we don't beat all of those good teams,  but we can't let it linger for several games in a row.  I don't see Houston winning at Cincinnati this week,  so I don't think we will lose ground in the division this week anyway.

On paper I agree, but Cincinnati has the Ravens, the Steelers and then us following their game against the tinhorns this week.  They could very easily get caught overlooking them.

49ers
tacks x2 
Houston again 
Browns 
Bengals
Ravens 

Might get in as a wild card?  Lol.  Dude, relax.  The division will be ours.

I'm not worried, especially with the team that we have finally assembled.

In years past, absolutely. But not this team.