Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GOP Debate thoughts

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2023, 01:37 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-09-2023, 01:21 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 12:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Cult-like lololol

That's cute.. I think there's a bit more people in this group than your standard cult lol

The Taylor swift cult says hold my beer.

Just because you call it a cult, doesn't mean it is.. 

By standard definition, neither are cults.

Unlike an Occultism that the left likes to push..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-09-2023, 10:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 09:16 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Stop it. You are so prone to sound bites it sickens me, dude. This is the short version of that conversation.

Nikki Haley: People shouldn't be using TikTok.
Ramaswamy: Your (adult) daughter's using TikTok.

In no way, shape, or form is that an attack on her daughter. It's a suggestion that Haley is not equipped to lecture others about TikTok. Especially as it pertained to Ramaswamy's larger point, that the younger generation is using it, and Republicans have to adapt to the times. I swear, you guys are so distractable.

Defending cheap shots at someone's daughter may be a new low for you

Everyone on that stage has some younger relative who uses Tik-Tok and they all know that. 
Plenty of rational discussion of the subject to be had without injecting a family member. 
He chose to introduce the "distraction" you are whining about. 

Just shows that guy will display the same utter lack of integrity in his politics as he has in his Pharma biz.

Oh no... how will she ever recover now that her friends know she uses TikTok!?  You guys are so easily manipulated.

(11-09-2023, 12:33 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 12:28 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: The best GOP candidates are probably Niki Haley or Tim Scott. Neither have a chance of winning the nomination given the cult-like following of Trump.

Tim Scott isn't married, and never has been married.  I know that shouldn't matter, but it does make some people wonder, who is he really?  Is there something we don't know about him?

She was there last night. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...r-AA1jFjc9

Meh, who cares if he's married. I care more about what he says. Scott seems like an alright dude, but I really don't think these establishment types understand what ails our country. A vote for them is lipstick on a pig, imo. I still don't trust Vivek, though... there's something about him that seems squirmy. I support almost everything he says, though. I really wish DeSantis was performing better. He's really struggling. He doesn't feel natural. Haley, for what she is, comes across authentic. I just don't want any more of that.

(11-09-2023, 02:29 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 10:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Defending cheap shots at someone's daughter may be a new low for you

Everyone on that stage has some younger relative who uses Tik-Tok and they all know that. 
Plenty of rational discussion of the subject to be had without injecting a family member. 

Just shows that guy will display the same utter lack of integrity in his politics as he has in his Pharma biz.

Oh no... how will she ever recover now that her friends know she uses TikTok!?  You guys are so easily manipulated.

Vivek didn't criticize the daughter for using TikTok.  The daughter is by no means the victim.  Vivek criticized Nikki for her daughter using TikTok.  And that nonsense that has no place in modern Western society.  This isn't Confuscianism.  We left behind the idea of "your behavior reflects on your parents for your entire life" a long time ago.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-09-2023, 02:29 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 10:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Defending cheap shots at someone's daughter may be a new low for you

Nice job ignoring the point

I know politics have devolved to gutter dwelling mud slinging - but injecting an opponents children into a televised debate should not be something I have to explain to you as clearly low in character. 

I'm not manipulated - I don't give a flying [BLEEP] about any of those clowns that were own that stage and they can rip each other to shreds for all I care. 

I'm just not so blind from bias that I can't spot and comment on an ethically shady debate tactic by a politician.
You choose some silly stuff to defend at times.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2023, 04:33 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

Lol. You think I missed your point? I didn't. I just don't care about that. She picked the fight about him using TikTok. He said said he uses it to reach young people. She says it's un-American. He says her daughter uses it. She says low blow. There is nothing vicious about that exchange. I would say the same thing to any of my friends.

It's odd you two would take her side on this, considering it's usually conservatives who are anti TikTok.

(11-09-2023, 04:32 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Lol. You think I missed your point? I didn't. I just don't care about that. She picked the fight about him using TikTok. He said said he uses it to reach young people. She says it's un-American. He says her daughter uses it. She says low blow. There is nothing vicious about that exchange. I would say the same thing to any of my friends.

It's odd you two would take her side on this, considering it's usually conservatives who are anti TikTok.

I just explained to you that I don't have a side in this and you assigned me one anyway

LOL

If he wants to defend using a platform that has been a proven Chinese influence instrument - that's fine.
He could do it w/o involving anyone's children.

That's cute.. I think there's a bit more people in this group than your standard cult lol

There’s literally nothing that could make the core group of supporters abandon him. That type of unquestioning devotion is rarely seen outside of…well, cults of personality. Large cults of personality, especially in politics, isn’t that uncommon. Almost always ends badly.

On political orientation though, Haley and Scott are closer to traditional Republicanism than any of the other candidates in my opinion.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2023, 06:10 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-09-2023, 06:06 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

There’s literally nothing that could make the core group of supporters abandon him. That type of unquestioning devotion is rarely seen outside of…well, cults of personality. Large cults of personality, especially in politics, isn’t that uncommon. Almost always ends badly.

On political orientation though, Haley and Scott are closer to traditional Republicanism than any of the other candidates in my opinion.

No reason to abandon him.. At all..

Not going to abandon him because these liberal democrats make up lies and bull [BLEEP] just because they don't like him..

Russia Russia Russia!!

And the Republican party is compromised and taken over by RINOs.. They may be Republicans, but definitely not conservative..

(11-09-2023, 06:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 06:06 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: There’s literally nothing that could make the core group of supporters abandon him. That type of unquestioning devotion is rarely seen outside of…well, cults of personality. Large cults of personality, especially in politics, isn’t that uncommon. Almost always ends badly.

Not going to abandon him because these liberal democrats make up lies and bull [BLEEP] just because they don't like him..

Russia Russia Russia!!

Right on cue! Lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-09-2023, 06:10 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 06:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: No reason to abandon him.. At all..

Russia Russia Russia!!

Right on cue! Lol.

Did I lie?

[Image: 20231109-170625.jpg]

(11-09-2023, 04:32 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Lol. You think I missed your point? I didn't. I just don't care about that. She picked the fight about him using TikTok. He said said he uses it to reach young people. She says it's un-American. He says her daughter uses it. She says low blow. There is nothing vicious about that exchange. I would say the same thing to any of my friends.

He said she needed to control her own house which is very much a thing you don't say to a person with adult children.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2023, 06:58 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-09-2023, 06:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:

He said she needed to control her own house which is very much a thing you don't say to a person with adult children.

Why? Can't she control her adult children?

Maybe them [BLEEP] need to get out on their own and get jobs.. 

Now imagine the attacks that were allowed on Trump's kids, especially the youngest Baron.. I guess all that bull [BLEEP] was ok lolol

And Baron was still a minor.. All because of who his father is.

[BLEEP] hypocrites lololol

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2023, 09:43 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-09-2023, 06:46 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 06:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: He said she needed to control her own house which is very much a thing you don't say to a person with adult children.

Why? Can't she control her adult children?

Maybe them [BLEEP] need to get out on their own and get jobs.. 

Now imagine the attacks that were allowed on Trump's kids, especially the youngest Baron.. I guess all that bull [BLEEP] was ok lolol

And Baron was still a minor.. All because of who his father is.

[BLEEP] hypocrites lololol

This is simple.
Trump's 3 oldest children were very involved in Trump's finances.  They were open about this.  The press did not tolerate any attack on his younger daughter Tiffany, though she is an adult, nor his younger son Barron, who isn't an adult.  The press did not run stories on them.
The press only ran stories on the children he actually hired into government and who actually made deals with large portions of his money.

(11-09-2023, 06:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 06:06 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: There’s literally nothing that could make the core group of supporters abandon him. That type of unquestioning devotion is rarely seen outside of…well, cults of personality. Large cults of personality, especially in politics, isn’t that uncommon. Almost always ends badly.

Russia Russia Russia!!

And the Republican party is compromised and taken over by RINOs.. They may be Republicans, but definitely not conservative..

People like you don't have the requisite intellectual capacity to vote.  Christ.

(11-09-2023, 04:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I just explained to you that I don't have a side in this and you assigned me one anyway

LOL

If he wants to defend using a platform that has been a proven Chinese influence instrument - that's fine.
He could do it w/o involving anyone's children.

Saying you don't care who wins is different than defending her on this issue. Regardless, it's not a point I care to argue further. If that's what you want to hang your hat on, sure.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2023, 09:11 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-09-2023, 06:06 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

I agree. This is true of most politicians, though. I was literally arguing with a professor at an ivy league school, and she said to me, "I will never be for THAT side. I will ALWAYS support my side." This was after I pointed out that even if she thinks Gaetz is the biggest loser in the world, isn't it a win for the people if he could get through something that reformed omnibus bills?

Trump is odd, because he's so outside of the norm, that I think we are able to pick up trends that have always existed but are so common that we overlook them. The other thing that makes it weird is Trump is rare among conservatives in his willingness to fight back. This is what creates his rabid fanbase. Politics should never be a "this" side or "that" side always. Lesser of two evils is killing us. 

So, while I think it's true that Trump has cult-like followers, it's also true of conservatives, liberals, and progressives. We have consistently seen large swaths of people overlook severe deficiencies in talent, ethics, mental cognizance, etc. in the name of "my side always."

(11-09-2023, 06:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Why? She is accusing him of being anti-American. Are her own children anti-American? Think about what the argument is about. It's a solid defense.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2023, 09:41 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-09-2023, 09:07 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 06:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: He said she needed to control her own house which is very much a thing you don't say to a person with adult children.

Why? She is accusing him of being anti-American. Are her own children anti-American? Think about what the argument is about. It's a solid defense.

Did Haley use those words?  Or did she point out that China is America's enemy and that Vivek is helping China by using TikTok so much? You and I buy oil from Saudis, which helps America's enemies, but neither of us is anti-American.

(11-09-2023, 09:07 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

I agree. This is true of most politicians, though. I was literally arguing with a professor at an ivy league school, and she said to me, "I will never be for THAT side. I will ALWAYS support my side." This was after I pointed out that even if she thinks Gaetz is the biggest loser in the world, isn't it a win for the people if he could get through something that reformed omnibus bills?

Trump is odd, because he's so outside of the norm, that I think we are able to pick up trends that have always existed but are so common that we overlook them. The other thing that makes it weird is Trump is rare among conservatives in his willingness to fight back. This is what creates his rabid fanbase. Politics should never be a "this" side or "that" side always. Lesser of two evils is killing us. 

So, while I think it's true that Trump has cult-like followers, it's also true of conservatives, liberals, and progressives. We have consistently seen large swaths of people overlook severe deficiencies in talent, ethics, mental cognizance, etc. in the name of "my side always."

He's not fighting for you though. Nor is he fighting to change any policy or anything about how government works. He's just fighting for the respect he feels he is owed, nothing more.  Which is why when he picks a fight he always picks the most petty and pointless fight possible.

(11-09-2023, 09:37 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 09:07 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Why? She is accusing him of being anti-American. Are her own children anti-American? Think about what the argument is about. It's a solid defense.

Did Haley use those words?  Or did she point out that China is America's enemy and that Vivek is helping China by using TikTok so much? You and I buy oil from Saudis, which helps America's enemies, but neither of us is anti-American.

(11-09-2023, 09:07 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I agree. This is true of most politicians, though. I was literally arguing with a professor at an ivy league school, and she said to me, "I will never be for THAT side. I will ALWAYS support my side." This was after I pointed out that even if she thinks Gaetz is the biggest loser in the world, isn't it a win for the people if he could get through something that reformed omnibus bills?

He's not fighting for you though. Nor is he fighting to change any policy or anything about how government works. He's just fighting for the respect he feels he is owed, nothing more.  Which is why when he picks a fight he always picks the most petty and pointless fight possible.

Tomato tomato to your first response (that works better in person). Is Haley's daughter helping China by using TikTok so much? The point is the same.

To your second, if his vanity works in my interest, so be it. Even if he wants America to be the nicest house on the block for his own self-interest, that works for me. Trump did a fine job of keeping us out of wars and trying to bring back jobs and securing us resources. I'll take that any day over what we have currently.