Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ten. Vs Jax talk (merged)

(11-15-2023, 06:05 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Hate to call a game must win at 6-3, but here it is.

Schedule doesn’t get easier.
Thought I read earlier that if Jags beat the tacks on Sunday, their playoff chances are 90%. If they lose? It drops to 60%.

So yea…. Must win at 6-3.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The expectations going into this year was a minimum of a division title. Right now that appears to be in jeopardy. Beating or hopefully sweeping the tacks will at least help keep Houston at arm’s length.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

SF viciously exposed our O line. Other teams will be looking to emulate it, especially considering how it shuts down TL's production.

I'm still in disbelief we would draft a "generational quarterback" and then not make every effort humanly possible to put a line of the best players in front of him. That's such a classic Jaguars move.

(11-15-2023, 09:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: SF viciously exposed our O line. Other teams will be looking to emulate it, especially considering how it shuts down TL's production.

I'm still in disbelief we would draft a "generational quarterback" and then not make every effort humanly possible to put a line of the best players in front of him. That's such a classic Jaguars move.
I remember as a kid they would try and fail. One year they took Monroe at LT and Britton at RT. They then tried to draft skill position players like Williams and Jones.

When they thought they had the offense? They would get beat bad defensively in a play off game and then go and draft needs at pass rush like Harvey and Groves.

They try. They just fail miserably at it. Like most teams do. We're quickly going to turn into either the Luck era the clots had, if the injuries rack up, minus the actual offensive plays and explosiveness along the pain of shell shocking a guy into early retirement.

Or, we're going to end up like the Buffalo Bills where you put it all on the QB, try cutting him loose on the field and live with big plays and big mistakes. Which seems like he's already going in that direction.

Sunshine Brett Favre it is.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2023, 11:11 PM by JaguarJosh2.)

(11-15-2023, 09:07 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: The expectations going into this year was a minimum of a division title. Right now that appears to be in jeopardy. Beating or hopefully sweeping the tacks will at least help keep Houston at arm’s length.

Yea lets say we beat the Tacks this week (bold prediction),  the Texans play the Cardinals (probably a W) and they're surely going to dump us the following week in Houston.  Their schedule lightens up and we look like a team that doesn't practice..  against a tough schedule.  We may be a road team in the wildcard round,  IF we make the playoffs.

(11-15-2023, 10:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...6376537167

Where did my cardiac cats go!?

(11-15-2023, 09:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: SF viciously exposed our O line. Other teams will be looking to emulate it, especially considering how it shuts down TL's production.

Everyone thought the offensive line was fine except some fans apparently.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2023, 12:57 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Tampa Bay buccaneers brought a lot of blitzes. It worked. They won easy vs the titans, and tb offense is not that great. Hopefully the jags can look at that if it can help their game plan.

(11-15-2023, 12:18 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: 11 pages and counting, and all but 6 or 7 posts are about how bad the coach/GM/talent is. Virtually nothing about the game or the opponent. It's awesome to see.

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/46945...quars-week

Every thread there is turning into a few demanding for Vrabel's head on a spike over and over. Before the QB change, it was about whether it's Tannehill's or Vrabel's fault. Place has gotten really angry ever since the Titans playoff loss to the Bengals.

Well thank god not every team has the SF DLine lol they can try to emulate it but they won’t be as effective. 

Also, the Jags have tried to put an OLine in front of him but they’ve been horrible at doing it. Baalke just doesn’t know how to draft lineman or which ones to sign.

(11-16-2023, 08:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Well thank god not every team has the SF DLine lol they can try to emulate it but they won’t be as effective. 

Also, the Jags have tried to put an OLine in front of him but they’ve been horrible at doing it. Baalke just doesn’t know how to draft lineman or which ones to sign.

The PEDsRob thing was the problem. They gave him a deal instead of him just playing on the tag and that stunted Little's development. If they'd been done with him this past offseason we could've spent that money upgrading the guards (Risner was still there in week 4 even) and buying a backup swing guy. Instead we got our good young left tackle wasting playing time at guard and an overpriced left tackle who's either plateaued or on the decline. No matter what the line we have today won't be the line next season, so why not have Little out there where he should be? Then we go this past draft with a trillion mid round picks and can't find a single IOL to take until the 6th round? Just terrible the way Baalke did this.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2023, 09:30 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-16-2023, 08:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

This. We extended Cam Robinson, who has typically been a middle of the pack at best LT. We were working with guys like Bartch at LG, who was coming off an injury the year prior and he was a small school, developmental project to begin with that Dave Caldwell invested in. Now you have Walker Little who also entered the NFL rusty due to injury and then he's ended up in this weird rotational situation at LT, LG and RT. 

Fortner was drafted after Linder called it quits. I didn't think it was a bad decision but we probably should have considered giving the rookie QB a veteran presence there at some capacity a lot sooner after Linder's retirement. It also bothered me after reading up that Fortner was a four year starter at Guard in Kentucky and he only played one year, his final year, at Center. 

I think the right guard position was addressed by going after Scherff, who, we all probably felt like was a huge upgrade. I cannot even recall who was there prior to Scherff. He's been up and down, and, his history of being injured hasn't been as bad as it was in Washington but he's tough and fights through it. 

We had Taylor last year at RT, we replaced him with Harrison, who has a bum shoulder. Our issues seem to be failing in finding the right players or finding players that are injury prone. There needs to be a good look taken at Baalke in the off season, along with any of his scouting staff that's responsible for finding lineman, that's if he survives the off season. 

There needs to be a good look taken at the strength and conditioning coach along with Rauscher. I think it's appalling though that Baalke only addressed the line twice back in April. With his first pick of the class and one of his last picks of the class. We traded for a lineman last year from Green Bay, we picked-up Hance and then we just traded for Cleveland before the deadline. 

So, yeah. Plenty of blame to go around. Starts with Baalke. We built the team backwards. The burden now falls on Doug, Press and Trevor to pick-up everyone else's slack and failures and get the ball rolling. It'll be tough. It's going to suck. It's not always going to be pretty. But, that's just how it goes sometimes. It is what it is. Nobody wants to hear excuses. But, it is what it is.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-15-2023, 10:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

I remember as a kid they would try and fail. One year they took Monroe at LT and Britton at RT. They then tried to draft skill position players like Williams and Jones.

When they thought they had the offense? They would get beat bad defensively in a play off game and then go and draft needs at pass rush like Harvey and Groves.

They try. They just fail miserably at it. Like most teams do. We're quickly going to turn into either the Luck era the clots had, if the injuries rack up, minus the actual offensive plays and explosiveness along the pain of shell shocking a guy into early retirement.

Or, we're going to end up like the Buffalo Bills where you put it all on the QB, try cutting him loose on the field and live with big plays and big mistakes. Which seems like he's already going in that direction.

Sunshine Brett Favre it is.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

@On the plus side for some, that means Press is scapegoated into unemployment@

(11-15-2023, 11:09 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:
(11-15-2023, 09:07 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: The expectations going into this year was a minimum of a division title. Right now that appears to be in jeopardy. Beating or hopefully sweeping the tacks will at least help keep Houston at arm’s length.

Yea lets say we beat the Tacks this week (bold prediction),  the Texans play the Cardinals (probably a W) and they're surely going to dump us the following week in Houston.  Their schedule lightens up and we look like a team that doesn't practice..  against a tough schedule.  We may be a road team in the wildcard round,  IF we make the playoffs.

Jags played like a high school squad against the 9ers true, but it doesn't completely invalidate what the team's done the rest of the year.  I think it will ultimately come down to what happens @Houston. Assuming we win, I think the Jags end up 12-5 and the tinhorns at 11-6. Of course anything can happen, like the tacks sweeping them, but that's unlikely. Also the Broncos have been playing better as of late so that's no easy matchup for them. We could also lose to the Bengals at home but I think we've got to get it going at SOME point.

Houston has this remaining:
Cards (W)
Jags (assume a L)
Broncos (W)
@Jets (W)
@tacks (W)
Browns (L)
tacks (W)
@Colts (W)

We have this:
tacks (W)
@Houston (assume a W)
Bengals (W)
@Browns (L)
Ravens (L)
@Bucs (W)
Panthers (W)
@tacks (3-6) (W)
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-16-2023, 11:52 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(11-15-2023, 11:09 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Yea lets say we beat the Tacks this week (bold prediction),  the Texans play the Cardinals (probably a W) and they're surely going to dump us the following week in Houston.  Their schedule lightens up and we look like a team that doesn't practice..  against a tough schedule.  We may be a road team in the wildcard round,  IF we make the playoffs.

Jags played like a high school squad against the 9ers true, but it doesn't completely invalidate what the team's done the rest of the year.  I think it will ultimately come down to what happens @Houston. Assuming we win, I think the Jags end up 12-5 and the tinhorns at 11-6. Of course anything can happen, like the tacks sweeping them, but that's unlikely. Also the Broncos have been playing better as of late so that's no easy matchup for them. We could also lose to the Bengals at home but I think we've got to get it going at SOME point.

Houston has this remaining:
Cards (W)
Jags (assume a L)
Broncos (W)
@Jets (W)
@tacks (W)
Browns (L)
tacks (W)
@Colts (W)

We have this:
tacks (W)
@Houston (assume a W)
Bengals (W)
@Browns (L)
Ravens (L)
@Bucs (W)
Panthers (W)
@tacks (3-6) (W)
I actually think the Texans Cards game will be very competitive.

Denver has beat both KC and Buf, and Jets Beats Bills and should of beat the Bills not for a bad refs at the end. both teams have a tough schedule. we both have a titans on the schedule. and both play browns, they already plays balt and CIN.

could be a interesting stretch. we control our destiny and that starts with the next two games.

i have a bad feeling about this game.

We should blow out the Tacks but these division games are just ehhhh

(11-16-2023, 02:53 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: i have a bad feeling about this game.

I had a very bad feeling last week but I'm the opposite this week.

Jags win by 18. 31-13. Trevor throws 3 TDs.

(11-16-2023, 02:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 02:53 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: i have a bad feeling about this game.

I had a very bad feeling last week but I'm the opposite this week.

Jags win by 18. 31-13. Trevor throws 3 TDs.

I am somewhere in the middle with the two of you. I don't think this team should be expected to blow anybody out right now. Until it happens. I am keeping my expectations back. 

I think, realistically, if we don't let Henry pull a classic Henry in Jacksonville kind of game. We should be able to get after Levis. Levis has only three NFL starts and he's already 13th in QB hits this year. 

They have some challenges in protection. They only really have Hopkins as an outside threat, somewhat. It's going to be their front four/seven up against our base five on offense. 

I think they'll win it. I am keeping it close though. 

Jaguars - 24
tacks - 18

Trevor throws maybe 2 TD's. The other TD will probably come from Etienne or the defense. Divisional games are always tough. The tacks are not going to lay down and die. Vrabel still likes to coach and he still likes toughness out of his football team.

(11-15-2023, 10:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...6376537167

That's a low key pass protection tweet.