Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars at Cleveland talk/ gameplan

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2023, 07:42 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

Prosser thinks Trev is going to wrap it and give it a go. I just don’t see the team doctors and coach P letting him risk it. RG3 had a different type of injury but he played through it and was never the same afterwards. 

At this point the team has 8 wins and probably needs to win 2 more games to make the playoffs. The Colts are making a late season push and the Texans are still keeping pace.

CJ can come in and manage the game and lean on guys like Etienne and Engram and try to get Ridley the ball on some quick stuff and let him make a move and score. That defense is going to have to get some stops and create turnovers and scratch and claw for a couple more wins.

The plan has always been to make the playoffs and see what happens from there.

The Browns have a stout defense and Myles Garrett can wreck a game. Maybe Cleveland steps outside to LT with Shatley at guard. We can slow that DL down with some screens but at some point we need to be able to get 1 or 2 yards on 3rd and short. 

Our defense should cause problems for their offense. Allen could have his biggest game yet. 

Just find a way to win until we get some guys back. Kirk is probably gone for the season. He was on his way to a 1100+ yards and back to back 1k, but maybe a Parker Washington or a Cooks can step in and give us something.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Win the line of scrimmage. Win the turnover battle. Win the penalty battle. Win the game. It's as simple as that.

Don't care who gets the ball. If your numbers called? Make the play. If the football is within your catch radius? Make the play. If the football is tipped? Dive for the [BLEEP] thing. If there's a wide open shot to take at your opponent? Tattoo him and brand him afterwards.

It's December. It's crunch time. With or without Lawrence. Guys need to put their [BLEEP] big boy boots on and get to work. This is what you REALLY get paid for in the NFL.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

It’s going to be ugly on O if it’s Beathard against the Cleveland D.  Needs to be a low scoring game.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Gonna be ugly.

A 17-14 type game.

Let’s hope jags pull it off. We lose, season ain’t over, but makes our hole deeper to climb out of when Trevor returns

CJ sets a record in nfl  by throwing 7 pick sixes in one game. defense  doesn't show up again ,and we get destroyed in clevland.

Browns 54   Jags 3        I'm still going to go cheer the team on sunday at sports bar even though i know we will lose.  

we suck again.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-06-2023, 09:28 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Gonna be ugly.

A 17-14 type game.

Let’s hope jags pull it off. We lose, season ain’t over, but makes our hole deeper to climb out of when Trevor returns

Yeah... The defense needs to actually come to play to hold to 17. I saw swiss cheese out there Monday.

Like I said. I am done with the prediction game and score guessing. I think they'll win. It could be pretty or it could be ugly. But, they'll win the game. The team just needs to execute, protect the football and make the plays on or with the football when their number is called.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-06-2023, 09:29 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: CJ sets a record in nfl  by throwing 7 pick sixes in one game. defense  doesn't show up again ,and we get destroyed in clevland.

Browns 54   Jags 3        I'm still going to go cheer the team on sunday at sports bar even though i know we will lose.  

we suck again.

Another brilliant observation.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Our OL versus any good defense is a problem no matter how you slice it.

As of now they are calling for an 89% chance of rain and 20MPH wind.
This is a day you'd love to run the ball.

Our run game has been reduced to a wing and a prayer that depends on the back doing something improvised to overcome the horrendous blocking, so... not feeling good there.

This entire squad will need to step up to pull this off IMO, regardless of which QB starts for either team.

I just want to see it rain bottles and they call the game early.

Parker Washington is someone I was very excited about when he was drafted by the Jags.

He's got huge hands, will battle for the ball and is not afraid to engage as a ball carrier.

With Kirk out for an extended period of time, I think Washington will do a nice job in the slot. He's obviously not Kirk but we saw what he could do when he gets some serious playing time.

Just don't let DTR or Peej look like Browning did. That's all I ask.

D needs to step up in a major way.

Lots of two TE sets. Browns are going to load up against the run and dare CJ to beat them. ETN has been looking a little worse for wear the last few games so make sure and rotate Johnson and Bigsby in liberally. Hope the defense gets it together and that the 9ers and Cincy games were exceptions rather than a trend.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-06-2023, 09:29 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: CJ sets a record in nfl  by throwing 7 pick sixes in one game. defense  doesn't show up again ,and we get destroyed in clevland.

we suck again.

I didnt realize Nathan Peterman was on our roster. Did we trade for him overnite or something?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Not sure if Amari Cooper will play but Flacco was just barely above 50% completion (23/44).

With the Jags D being embarrassed on a national stage, look for them to bounce back in a big way. I also think the Oline will step up after they saw what happened to Trevor.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2023, 01:16 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-06-2023, 12:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Not sure if Amari Cooper will play but Flacco was just barely above 50% completion (23/44).

With the Jags D being embarrassed on a national stage, look for them to bounce back in a big way. I also think the Oline will step up after they saw what happened to Trevor.

Better to step up than to step on, eh?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Does it really matter if we get in as the 3 or 4 seat vs the 5 or 6 seat. You still have to play the same number of games. I'd rather sit Trevor even if means we take two losses and have him back at full strength to close out the last three games and start the postseason.

If he comes back to early and it gets worse then the season is over. You can't have CJ going into the playoffs
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-06-2023, 12:27 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Does it really matter if we get in as the 3 or 4 seat vs the 5 or 6 seat. You still have to play the same number of games. I'd rather sit Trevor even if means we take two losses and have him back at full strength to close out the last three games and start the postseason.

If he comes back to early and it gets worse then the season is over. You can't have CJ going into the playoffs

It’s difficulty of schedule. Plus, the #1 seed gets a playoff bye.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...57if0rgbfm

The NFL playoff bracket will feature seven teams on each side of the bracket. The No. 1 seed in each conference will receive a bye while the other six teams play wild-card games. They will be between the Nos. 2 and 7 seeds, the Nos. 3. and 6 seeds and the Nos. 4 and 5 seeds…

Washington's thighs are thicker than MJD's.

(12-06-2023, 12:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 12:27 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Does it really matter if we get in as the 3 or 4 seat vs the 5 or 6 seat. You still have to play the same number of games. I'd rather sit Trevor even if means we take two losses and have him back at full strength to close out the last three games and start the postseason.

It’s difficulty of schedule. Plus, the #1 seed gets a playoff bye.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...57if0rgbfm

The NFL playoff bracket will feature seven teams on each side of the bracket. The No. 1 seed in each conference will receive a bye while the other six teams play wild-card games. They will be between the Nos. 2 and 7 seeds, the Nos. 3. and 6 seeds and the Nos. 4 and 5 seeds…

I get that what I'm saying is if we're not chasing the top spot,
I think we're better of with a healthy TL and a lower spot then a semi-healthy TL and a higher spot.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]