Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which of the following best describes your outlook on Travon Walker ?
This poll is closed.
He's not an edge rusher. Put 20 pounds on him and move him inside.
8.33%
10 8.33%
Still has work to do as a pass rusher but I see improvement. Let's see how it goes. Inside stunts are enough to get him matched against guards.
30.83%
37 30.83%
He's going to be a beast. I trust the process.
25.83%
31 25.83%
Bust
22.50%
27 22.50%
I wish we'd just switch to a 4-3, leave him outside and put his hand in the ground.
6.67%
8 6.67%
Blank #2
2.50%
3 2.50%
corn
3.33%
4 3.33%
Total 120 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Travon Walker: 2nd Year Thoughts Etc (merged)

Imagine you land a high paying job, work your [BLEEP] off for two weeks and then your paycheck disappears, and it happens frequently. Would you still bust your [BLEEP]?

Defense is visibly tired of busting their [BLEEP] just to watch the offense throw it away.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-18-2023, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I haven't seen any metrics/stats. I haven't rewatched the game in any capacity.

But from my seat in the stadium, it sure seemed like Walker was pretty disruptive last night?
Anyone else have that impression?

He pops on the TV.  He's always around the ball or chasing it down.  He's slowly been growing on me.  Untill the end of the game when the entire D was gassed, Walker was literally flying all around the field.

(12-18-2023, 02:02 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Imagine you land a high paying job, work your [BLEEP] off for two weeks and then your paycheck disappears, and it happens frequently. Would you still bust your [BLEEP]?

Defense is visibly tired of busting their [BLEEP] just to watch the offense throw it away.
I’m sorry…. Did the Bengals and Browns game not happen?

(12-18-2023, 02:02 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Imagine you land a high paying job, work your [BLEEP] off for two weeks and then your paycheck disappears, and it happens frequently. Would you still bust your [BLEEP]?

Lol, the offense scored 61 points combined in the last two losses. Should they quit because the defense played [BLEEP] in those games?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Walker is growing and becoming a better edge rusher. I hope he continues to improve. 6 sacks already this season is progress.

(12-18-2023, 02:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I’m sorry…. Did the Bengals and Browns game not happen?

(12-18-2023, 02:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Lol, the offense scored 61 points combined in the last two losses. Should they quit because the defense played [BLEEP] in those games?

So you defend the offense for playing well in 2 games out of 14
But hating on the defense for playing poorly in 2 games out of 14

?

Of note, Hutch only has a half sack more so far this season…

I think Travon eats this game against the bucs.

Walker and Allen are a top 5 duo in pressures and sacks. I really like how Walker is improving. Hopefully next year he takes another step to that All Pro level like Allen is playing. We really need 1 interior pass rusher on this D

(12-23-2023, 10:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Walker and Allen are a top 5 duo in pressures and sacks.  I really like how Walker is improving.  Hopefully next year he takes another step to that All Pro level like Allen is playing.  We really need 1 interior pass rusher on this D

That's all it really boils down to. The interior play has to improve. Hopefully Hamilton is back in game shape next year with an off season to truly recover from whatever the hell happened to him this summer. 

Fatukasi has been a disappointment though. He's unable to stay healthy and he's primarily a gap eater. I don't think I have ever seen him really get deep penetration into the backfield. Even in the running game. 

IDL and IOL are "must have upgrades" going into March and April of next year. They should consider shelling out the little bit of wiggle room and money they'll have left after some of these extension to get one of the top three available interior rushers on defense and blockers on offense and then double down in the draft early.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-18-2023, 03:05 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 02:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m sorry…. Did the Bengals and Browns game not happen?

(12-18-2023, 02:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, the offense scored 61 points combined in the last two losses. Should they quit because the defense played [BLEEP] in those games?

So you defend the offense for playing well in 2 games out of 14
But hating on the defense for playing poorly in 2 games out of 14

?

No, just pointing out that your take sucks.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Yep, Wallet is nowhere near Hutchinson.

Thanks Baalke!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-30-2023, 11:57 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Yep, Wallet is nowhere near Hutchinson.

Thanks Baalke!

I wish Walker would try a spin move.

(12-30-2023, 11:57 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Yep, Wallet is nowhere near Hutchinson.

Thanks Baalke!

your love for walker is outstanding

Walker definitely seems to be getting better but dang..

https://twitter.com/MarcCarmanSr/status/...Ab_yg&s=19

It’s too late to be concerned about hutch. We have Walker. Get over it!

Baalke we trust? ?

(12-31-2023, 12:50 AM)Jag88 Wrote: It’s too late to be concerned about hutch. We have Walker. Get over it!

It's never too late for relevant criticism (of the GM if not the player).
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-31-2023, 09:05 AM)Marcos25067 Wrote: https://twitter.com/DanDGriffis/status/1...8177837256

Walker is getting pressure. He just needs to finish strong.