Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CJ the Savior?

(12-31-2023, 05:34 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 04:50 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: CJ did what Lawrence has failed to do lately. He did not turnover the football.

It was Carolina calm down....

Regardless, this is the best the offense has looked in nearly a month. It was refreshing not seeing the ball go to the other team 4-5x a game via turnover.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2023, 05:39 PM by nejagsfan.)

(12-31-2023, 04:52 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: CJ looked decent today and played smart ball unlike our franchise QB

Go away troll.... Trevor has obviously been playing hurt trying to make plays.....you make your decision on a QB playing against the worst team in the league....

(12-31-2023, 04:57 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 04:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Getting to not play the top ranked defenses in the League really helps with that.

Trevor would of atleast had 1 to 2 turnovers today

You clowns lol

(12-31-2023, 05:26 PM)EricC85 Wrote: So was Carolinas kicker Injured or something?

Yea tweaked his hamstring in warmups? Something like that.

Let the trolls embarrass themselves guys.

(12-31-2023, 05:26 PM)EricC85 Wrote: So was Carolinas kicker Injured or something?

Hamstring in warm-ups

Christian Kirk and Zay Jones may be available next week which would move Parker Washington into Agnew’s role.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(12-31-2023, 05:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Let the trolls embarrass themselves guys.

It's comical

Just out of curiosity, would you start Beathard next Sunday and what % healthy would Lawrence need to be for him to start?

(12-31-2023, 06:23 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Just out of curiosity, would you start Beathard next Sunday and what % healthy would Lawrence need to be for him to start?

Healthy enough to be effective. Whatever that is, we definitely don’t want him out there if he’s going to be a hindrance.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-31-2023, 05:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Yea tweaked his hamstring in warmups? Something like that.

Ok so now all the 4th down attempts make more sense.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-31-2023, 04:46 PM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 06:51 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So the obvious solution is to put in a quarterback that has a 2-10 records as a starter and isn’t half the quarterback Lawrence is.

Makes perfect sense to me.
Does it make sense now?

(12-31-2023, 04:46 PM)Newton Wrote: Man the OP called it!

Thank you my friend.

Yep, CJ held the Panthers to zero.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-31-2023, 07:23 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 04:46 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Does it make sense now?

Thank you my friend.

Yep, CJ held the Panthers to zero.

Meanwhile last year: ERMAGERD TREVOR DESTROYED THE CHARGERS / COLTS WEEK 2-3

also last year: defense held both teams to 10 and 0.

Can't use that logic only when it's in your favour.

Yes. He strained his hammy in pregame warmup.

(12-31-2023, 06:39 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 05:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yea tweaked his hamstring in warmups? Something like that.

Ok so now all the 4th down attempts make more sense.

Yup. They had a back up LB do the opening kick off and dude barely got it to the 20 yard line.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2023, 07:51 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-31-2023, 07:30 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 07:23 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Yep, CJ held the Panthers to zero.

Well, seeing as I DIDN’T use that logic…

Here.  I’ll make it simpler.  I don’t care who the [BLEEP] the QB, was the defense OBVIOUSLY won that game.

But going back to the OP original post for ‘context’ it would have been absolutely asinine to start Beathard even if Lawrence could go and ‘wait for next year’ to be OK.  

So I guess we wait for next year now to put Lawrence back in?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-31-2023, 07:30 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 07:23 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Yep, CJ held the Panthers to zero.

Man you've REALLY been waiting to hear your ugly head again since the back half of last season, haven't you?

I've never seen someone actively root for their QB to be bad like you do.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2023, 09:18 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-31-2023, 07:39 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 07:30 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Meanwhile last year: ERMAGERD TREVOR DESTROYED THE CHARGERS / COLTS WEEK 2-3

Well, seeing as I DIDN’T use that logic…

Here.  I’ll make it simpler.  I don’t care who the [BLEEP] the QB, was the defense OBVIOUSLY won that game.

But going back to the OP original post for ‘context’ it would have been absolutely asinine to start Beathard even if Lawrence could go and ‘wait for next year’ to be OK.  

So I guess we wait for next year now to put Lawrence back in?

In fairness, it was just a general comment to what you said because wayy to many people do that.

edit: To clarify, I mean that people will credit Lawrence for a win when the D almost completely shuts down the opposing offense, yet when it's CJB everyone is quick to rightfully give the defense credit lol.

CJ did his job today.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(12-31-2023, 09:13 PM)Jag149 Wrote: CJ did his job today.

Indeed

Said in an earlier thread that CJ starting could be a benefit as Press and Doug would be forced to change their game plan. Jumping out to a lead helped but we saw far more runs than we had been. More plays from under center. Saw some play action from under center. I could be wring but it didn't feel like we were as horizontal as normal. Playing a bad carolina team obviously made everything easier. But I hope we call the game similar next week no matter who starts. Offense had gotten too stale and too predictable. And relied on Trevor having to do everything. It is possible CJ made some safe 3rd down conversions trevor would have missed but it also felt like there were bigger plays not hit because trevor wasn't in there.