Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which of the following best describes your outlook on Travon Walker ?
This poll is closed.
He's not an edge rusher. Put 20 pounds on him and move him inside.
8.33%
10 8.33%
Still has work to do as a pass rusher but I see improvement. Let's see how it goes. Inside stunts are enough to get him matched against guards.
30.83%
37 30.83%
He's going to be a beast. I trust the process.
25.83%
31 25.83%
Bust
22.50%
27 22.50%
I wish we'd just switch to a 4-3, leave him outside and put his hand in the ground.
6.67%
8 6.67%
Blank #2
2.50%
3 2.50%
corn
3.33%
4 3.33%
Total 120 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Travon Walker: 2nd Year Thoughts Etc (merged)

(12-31-2023, 09:48 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 09:05 AM)Marcos25067 Wrote: https://twitter.com/DanDGriffis/status/1...8177837256

Walker is getting pressure. He just needs to finish strong.

Pressure from the interior would convert a lot of those pressures into sacks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

People losing their minds every time Hutchinson makes a play remind me of those little yappy dogs that bark every time the wind blows.

Walker is ascending at a good pace right now, which was 100% the scouting report on him. "development likely required"

Simmer down.

We all know AH was supposedly the "safer" pick.
I figured having a head coach who goes for TDs instead of FGs, tries to convert 4th and 2 from his own forty and never plays to tie the game would have conditioned people a little bit for this approach, but I guess not.

Another sack from walker after he’s moved inside, as the commentators said, he’s starting to show flashes, overall I think it’s been a positive year

(12-31-2023, 02:44 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Another sack from walker after he’s moved inside, as the commentators said, he’s starting to show flashes, overall I think it’s been a positive year

Need to start using him like the Giants used Justin Tuck. He's not good enough to be at OLB all the time.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Travon is developing before our eyes. Up to 9 sacks, and overall is playing with dominant athleticism.

He is developing right in front of our eyes and it is truly fun to watch.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

If Travon develops a spin move, he can also be a 15 sack a year guy.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2023, 07:14 PM by StrayaJag.)

He that dawg

Hopefully he can get 1 next week to bring it up to double figures !!!

(12-30-2023, 11:57 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Yep, Wallet is nowhere near Hutchinson.

Thanks Baalke!

Laughing
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

At 9 sacks he already has an elite year for a Jaguar Rusher.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2023, 08:21 PM by Newton.)

Though my main wish is a win, I really hope he can get one or more Sacks next week.

(12-31-2023, 08:21 PM)Newton Wrote: Though my main wish is a win, I really hope he can get one or more Sacks next week.

2 players finishing with double didget sacks!!!
How good would that be

What's the team sack total now did we hit 35 yet?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-31-2023, 08:23 PM)EricC85 Wrote: What's the team sack total now did we hit 35 yet?

Prosser gonna be feeling good Tuesday if so.

(12-31-2023, 08:32 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 08:23 PM)EricC85 Wrote: What's the team sack total now did we hit 35 yet?

Prosser gonna be feeling good Tuesday if so.

I think ESPN has us at 38 lol Prosser gonna live that Tuesday
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

So as of now, Hutchinson has 9.5 sacks, and Walker has 9.

I read somewhere that Baalke likes to draft players with physical ability, who can be developed. Looks like that's what's happening with Walker.

(01-01-2024, 07:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So as of now, Hutchinson has 9.5 sacks, and Walker has 9. 

I read somewhere that Baalke likes to draft players with physical ability, who can be developed.  Looks like that's what's happening with Walker.

I will say Hutch has been better in pressures/TFL/qb hits tho, but Walker is progressing very nicely and Hutch was always gonna be more NFL ready the guy had thousands of more pass rushing snaps in college than Walker.

Allen and Walker have more combined sacks than any pass rush duo

This clip shows just how fast Trevon Walker is from 3 technique

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...7UtMw&s=19

(01-03-2024, 12:15 PM)jagboss Wrote: This clip shows just how fast Trevon Walker is from 3 technique

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...7UtMw&s=19

Why can we see it but the coach can't? I just don't get it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato