Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Which QBs would you take over Trev?

Guys we have the worst OL in the league, no running lanes and no time to throw. Can we wait to judge Lawrence when we actually have some semblance of a normal OL.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM by Charlie Sheen.)

(01-08-2024, 02:46 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Guys we have the worst OL in the league, no running lanes and no time to throw. Can we wait to judge Lawrence when we actually have some semblance of a normal OL.

We'll end up paying Trevor $60 million per year before we have an O-Line to properly judge him.

Also, to be clear, I'm not saying cut or trade Trevor. I want to get the O-Line fixed so we really can see what he can do behind a better one. But he still deserves criticism when warranted.

Baalke 100% needs to go though. For him to look at this line last year and think it didn't need massive improvements should seal his fate.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 03:18 PM by PV=nRT. Edited 3 times in total.)

(01-08-2024, 02:46 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:42 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: He threw for nearly 300 yards yesterday and 2 TD's.  He got credited with 2 picks, even though 1 wasn't his fault.   2 of the Jags drives ended because if drops on well thrown balls.   He had no running game and was playing with multiple injuries including ac joint on his throwing shoulder.   His OL is trash and his WR corps is very pedestrian without Kirk in the lineup.  The defense was terrible all game.   And yet, most of the posts on here are about how bad he played.   This place has the expectation that he has to be perfect and overcome a ton of obstacles.   Tua and Jalen looked like crap yesterday, but  many on this board would love to trade them straight uo for TLaw.   A change in scenery would be the best thing for him since he takes most of the blame on here.   What have I said that's incorrect?

No, the issues with Trevor have been compounding.

But his mistakes yesterday? My biggest issues with him yesterday was the second interception and the constant passes short of the first down marker.

And then when he has the chance to show he is our franchise QB, he overthrows Ridley and then throws 2 passes that a 6'11" WR might have caught.

Sure, he's dealing with injuries. Sure, the O-Line is bad. But that doesn't mean he's not allowed to receive criticism.

Again, he has to be perfect or he gets all the blame.   Even the best throw picks and overthrow tightly covered receivers.   MJordan didn't make every single potential game winning shot.  He missed his fair share.    But LOL at those who would rather have Hurts or Tua even though they stunk it up yesterday while TLaw played fairly well by comparison.   This expectation of perfection will not change as long as he's in Jville.

(01-08-2024, 02:42 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:33 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: He's allowed to be criticized.

Are you his mom? Are you trying to protect his feelings?

There isn't a fanbase that isn't going to criticize him when he [BLEEP] up.

He threw for nearly 300 yards yesterday and 2 TD's.  He got credited with 2 picks, even though 1 wasn't his fault.   2 of the Jags drives ended because of drops on well thrown balls.   He had no running game and was playing with multiple injuries including ac joint on his throwing shoulder.   His OL is trash and his WR corps is very pedestrian without Kirk in the lineup.  The defense was terrible all game.   And yet, most of the posts on here are about how bad he played.   This place has the expectation that he has to be perfect and overcome a ton of obstacles.   Tua and Jalen looked like crap yesterday, but  many on this board would love to trade them straight up for TLaw.   A change in scenery would be the best thing for him since he takes most of the blame on here.   What have I said that's incorrect?

I bolded the only portion that I disagree with.  Other fanbases are much tougher on QBs than our Jacksonville fanbase.  It's just the nature of the blame to blame the the QB, GM and Head Coach (and coordinators) when things go wrong.

We need to do like Detroit and some how tweek this offense line into something like they have. Allso, we need some more play makers on defense. Nickle cb STILL

(01-08-2024, 02:59 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:42 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: He threw for nearly 300 yards yesterday and 2 TD's.  He got credited with 2 picks, even though 1 wasn't his fault.   2 of the Jags drives ended because of drops on well thrown balls.   He had no running game and was playing with multiple injuries including ac joint on his throwing shoulder.   His OL is trash and his WR corps is very pedestrian without Kirk in the lineup.  The defense was terrible all game.   And yet, most of the posts on here are about how bad he played.   This place has the expectation that he has to be perfect and overcome a ton of obstacles.   Tua and Jalen looked like crap yesterday, but  many on this board would love to trade them straight up for TLaw.   A change in scenery would be the best thing for him since he takes most of the blame on here.   What have I said that's incorrect?

I bolded the only portion that I disagree with.  Other fanbases are much tougher on QBs than our Jacksonville fanbase.  It's just the nature of the blame to blame the the QB, GM and Head Coach (and coordinators) when things go wrong.
Right now, he's in danger of being Andrew Lucked.

(01-08-2024, 02:31 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:11 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Every post of yours is "Trevor needs to get out ASAP!"

You okay?

I'm fine.  How am I incorrect that TLaw would benefit from going somewhere where he's not beat up on and off the field?

Like New York maybe.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Lawrence had a disappointing end to the season. His play after the Bengals game was not good enough to carry this team into the playoffs. How much of that is injury related - his and the receivers - I don't know, probably none of us do. That said, I highly doubt he is at all concerned what a bunch of message board yahoos (myself included) think about him, are saying, tweeting about him. I'm sure his people are telling him - your line sucked, your receivers sucked, the play calls sucked, you were more hurt than you want to admit... 

I think he will be fine next year. He needs a better line and he needs to cut back on the fumbles.

(01-08-2024, 02:54 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:46 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: No, the issues with Trevor have been compounding.

But his mistakes yesterday? My biggest issues with him yesterday was the second interception and the constant passes short of the first down marker.

And then when he has the chance to show he is our franchise QB, he overthrows Ridley and then throws 2 passes that a 6'11" WR might have caught.

Sure, he's dealing with injuries. Sure, the O-Line is bad. But that doesn't mean he's not allowed to receive criticism.

Again, he has to be perfect or he gets all the blame.   Even the best throw picks and overthrow tightly covered receivers.   MJordan didn't make every single potential game winning shot.  He missed his fair share.    But LOL at those who would rather have Hurts or Tua even though they stunk it up yesterday while TLaw played fairly well by comparison.    This expectation of perfection will not change as long as he's in Jville.

Dude, every fan base has a large element of unreal expectation and unusual demands for instant gratification now. 
It isn't Jax.
It's the internet age we are living through everywhere. 

Many Miami fans were completely over it with Tua after the concussions calling him weak and unable to withstand the rigors of the NFL - making fun of his offseason training etc. 
It's a constant contest to see who can overreact the most and be the fastest to do so.

(01-08-2024, 03:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:54 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: Again, he has to be perfect or he gets all the blame.   Even the best throw picks and overthrow tightly covered receivers.   MJordan didn't make every single potential game winning shot.  He missed his fair share.    But LOL at those who would rather have Hurts or Tua even though they stunk it up yesterday while TLaw played fairly well by comparison.    This expectation of perfection will not change as long as he's in Jville.

Dude, every fan base has a large element of unreal expectation and unusual demands for instant gratification now. 
It isn't Jax.
It's the internet age we are living through everywhere. 

Many Miami fans were completely over it with Tua after the concussions calling him weak and unable to withstand the rigors of the NFL - making fun of his offseason training etc. 
It's a constant contest to see who can overreact the most and be the fastest to do so.

Definitely some truth to that.  Dolphin fans ready to trade Tua.   

https://finheaven.com/threads/trade-valu...ua.382038/

Everyone is still really upset about the loss yesterday and some of the more unstable fans need someone to shout and yell about and QB is the easiest one to blame without having to think too much.

(01-08-2024, 02:58 AM)carp8dm Wrote: Again, it's not the QB here in Duval that is the problem.  

Patrick Mahomes would look like total trash under this coaching staff.

This is pure comedy. Mahomes would be in heaven here compared to what he has. I would trade Kelce and a bunch of nobody WRs for Engram(not a bad TE at all) and our WRs. He would have us as the 1-2 seed with the talent on this roster.

(01-08-2024, 02:54 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:46 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: No, the issues with Trevor have been compounding.

Again, he has to be perfect or he gets all the blame.   Even the best throw picks and overthrow tightly covered receivers.   MJordan didn't make every single potential game winning shot.  He missed his fair share.    But LOL at those who would rather have Hurts or Tua even though they stunk it up yesterday while TLaw played fairly well by comparison.    This expectation of perfection will not change as long as he's in Jville.

That's such [BLEEP].

Again, the occasional issues aren't what cause the uproar. It's the consistent issues. He is reckless with the ball and misses some easy throws consistently.

Do I think he can fix it with a better O-Line? I really hope so. But to think he doesn't deserve any of the blame is stupid. He's not playing above average and getting talked about. He played very average.

24 years old.

Some of you are going to run him out of town like Detroit did Stafford or he will retire like Luck due to injuries.

(01-08-2024, 06:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: 24 years old.

Some of you are going to run him out of town like Detroit did Stafford or he will retire like Luck due to injuries.

I don't think Trevor gives a rats [BLEEP] about the minority of jags fans that throw dirt on him. I think he's more likely to be run out because of the owners inability to put the right people in place to build the franchise. Baalke needs to go and there need to be more changes within the organization too.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 06:39 PM by PV=nRT. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2024, 06:08 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:54 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: Again, he has to be perfect or he gets all the blame.   Even the best throw picks and overthrow tightly covered receivers.   MJordan didn't make every single potential game winning shot.  He missed his fair share.    But LOL at those who would rather have Hurts or Tua even though they stunk it up yesterday while TLaw played fairly well by comparison.    This expectation of perfection will not change as long as he's in Jville.

That's such [BLEEP].

Again, the occasional issues aren't what cause the uproar. It's the consistent issues. He is reckless with the ball and misses some easy throws consistently.

Do I think he can fix it with a better O-Line? I really hope so. But to think he doesn't deserve any of the blame is stupid. He's not playing above average and getting talked about. He played very average.

He's got the same # of picks as Mahomes and Tua and fewer than Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts.  His completion % is better than Hurts  and right there with Mahomes, Allen and Tua.

(01-08-2024, 06:28 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 06:08 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: That's such [BLEEP].

He's got the same # of picks as Mahomes and Tua and fewer than Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts.  His completion % is better than Hurts  and right there with Mahomes, Allen and Tua.   What else would you like to fabricate?

The fumbles do need to be fixed. That's the one gripe I have about him that I don't think will tkae care of itself with better o line play and continued development. He needs to figure it out. But he can, even that bum daniel joens was able to fix his fumbling problem.

(01-08-2024, 06:31 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 06:28 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: He's got the same # of picks as Mahomes and Tua and fewer than Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts.  His completion % is better than Hurts  and right there with Mahomes, Allen and Tua.   What else would you like to fabricate?

The fumbles do need to be fixed. That's the one gripe I have about him that I don't think will tkae care of itself with better o line play and continued development. He needs to figure it out. But he can, even that bum daniel joens was able to fix his fumbling problem.
He's got one less fumble than Tua and 1 more fumble than Lamar Jackson.

Yes they are. Trevor has fully embraced Jacksonville and has shown his loyalty and commitment to the team and city. Now he's public enemy number 1 and needs to be replaced and is an overrated bust.

It's disgusting to be honest. You can criticise performances and debate him but to see fans turn on him, pick him out of ALL of the problems on this team as the reason,  Trevor would be long gone already if he had the same level of loyalty as some fans. You support teams and players during good and bad times.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 07:38 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-08-2024, 07:04 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Yes they are. Trevor has fully embraced Jacksonville and has shown his loyalty and commitment to the team and city. Now he's public enemy number 1 and needs to be replaced and is an overrated bust.

It's disgusting to be honest. You can criticise performances and debate him but to see fans turn on him, pick him out of ALL of the problems on this team as the reason,  Trevor would be long gone already if he had the same level of loyalty as some fans. You support teams and players during good and bad times.

Is he? or it's just some of you crying because we say the truth, that he is not a generational talent/elite? He played like crap the last few games, what do you expect? for all fans to praise every throw, every int, every mistake?

I see way more hate for the GM, both coordinators and the O-line.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23