Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Which QBs would you take over Trev?

Hi, I ask this because he's getting blasted on Twitter and I just find it all so OTT. Yes, he threw bad passes at the end of the game on 3rd and 4th down but if that long one is caught by Ridley we likely win the game and he's a hero.

So which QBs would you take straight up over Trevor today? Personally I would go Burrow, Mahomes, Lamar and that's honestly it. Stroud would be a possibility but I need to see him play like this over a few years, not a rookie year which could be a fluke like Baker Mayfield's was. 

My point is, there really isn't much better out there. We have one of the top QBs in the league and should think ourselves lucky. All franchise QBs have bad games, we can't lay it all on them. Look at what is happening with Hurts at the moment. Plus I think Trevor's shoulder injury was bothering him and causing some innacurate passes. Get him a better O line and another receiving target and I believe we go from missing the playoffs this year to a deep playoff run next season

Nice to meet you all by the way lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ch stroud came in on a worse team and put up arguably the best rookie campaign in history. He outplayed trev all year and just took a division crown off us. His one year is better than any trev has had.

I'm not a trev hater. I'm a realist. Right now we do not have a competitive advantage at qb in the afc south ad that will be crippling when he takes up a quarter of the salary cap.

(01-07-2024, 08:03 PM)therealJallen Wrote: Hi, I ask this because he's getting blasted on Twitter and I just find it all so OTT. Yes, he threw bad passes at the end of the game on 3rd and 4th down but if that long one is caught by Ridley we likely win the game and he's a hero.

So which QBs would you take straight up over Trevor today? Personally I would go Burrow, Mahomes, Lamar and that's honestly it.  Laughing Stroud would be a possibility but I need to see him play like this over a few years, not a rookie year which could be a fluke like Baker Mayfield's was. 

My point is, there really isn't much better out there. We have one of the top QBs in the league and should think ourselves lucky. All franchise QBs have bad games, we can't lay it all on them. Look at what is happening with Hurts at the moment. Plus I think Trevor's shoulder injury was bothering him and causing some innacurate passes. Get him a better O line and another receiving target and I believe we go from missing the playoffs this year to a deep playoff run next season

Stroud season was better than any season by Lawrence. Stroud is the better QB and it's not even close.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 08:44 PM by jessepeck1213.)

Depends if we are taking age into account, assuming we are my list would be

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Lamar
Dak
Love (I know this will get laughed at but i watched a lot of packer games and I think he's gonna be special)

Stroud has a very very very good OC that knows what he is doing, Bobby Slowik. He is creative and makes key adjustments.

Having said that, no way to know how teams adjust to Stroud and Slowik after a full offseason.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 08:50 PM by Jaguar Warrior. Edited 2 times in total.)

I am in the camp that it doesn't matter who your QB is if you have a high caliber offensive line and a decently intelligent offensive coordinator. Any QB can look damn good if they have confidence in their pocket and a competent run game.

A lot of them

(01-07-2024, 08:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 08:03 PM)therealJallen Wrote: Hi, I ask this because he's getting blasted on Twitter and I just find it all so OTT. Yes, he threw bad passes at the end of the game on 3rd and 4th down but if that long one is caught by Ridley we likely win the game and he's a hero.

So which QBs would you take straight up over Trevor today? Personally I would go Burrow, Mahomes, Lamar and that's honestly it.  Laughing Stroud would be a possibility but I need to see him play like this over a few years, not a rookie year which could be a fluke like Baker Mayfield's was. 

Stroud season was better than any season by Lawrence. Stroud is the better QB and it's not even close.

Quick question
If Stroud had urban myer as his coach would he have performed to the same level

(01-07-2024, 08:44 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Depends if we are taking age into account, assuming we are my list would be

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Lamar
Dak
Love (I know this will get laughed at but i watched a lot of packer games and I think he's gonna be special)

I feel that Allen, Herbert, Dak, and Love are all similar to Trevor in that the need the correct OC and offensive system. They can be elite if they fit in the system. Same with guys like a healthy Stafford or Hurts.

The issue is that non of us are sold on Press Taylor at all, nor with the lack of creativity or change up from the offensive's foundation set last year. In a 2nd year, the offensive is supposed build on on prior strategy. It never felt like that happened. I don't know what they expected out of Ridley and the offense, but it just felt like they tried to just copy last year and didn't allow guys to do what they do best.

Right now,

Mahomes
Burrow
Lamar
Allen (has inconsistencies like Lawrence but much higher highs)
Stroud (my only hesitation with him is its one year)
Dak
Love (same hesitation as Stroud)

I feel like Lawrence falls somewhere in the next group of QBs. Some may argue that Hurbert is better but he's had good weapons around him and defense yet he has a 30-33 record he struggles in big games and pads his stats in garbage tike games like he did in the first game against us last year. I think Stafford is better then Lawrence but his age is the issue for him.

Purdy would have died behind our line and been beanched by week 8 after his down games this year I don't see how anyone could argue against that.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Yeah Trevor is to blame. He said please let me run for my life. I wanted to know what it feels like to have multiple injuries including a concussion.

It is plain that this team doesn't know how to protect a QB. Minshew had a lower ceiling with crap lines and well look at us now.

Just blame the QB though... hey why don't we put another sacrificial offering behind this same line. People get to cute with lining up and calling plays when really football can be mucher easier and starts with protecting the QB.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-07-2024, 08:50 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 08:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Stroud season was better than any season by Lawrence. Stroud is the better QB and it's not even close.

Quick question
If Stroud had urban myer as his coach would he have performed to the same level

No but playing with Urban Meyer as your coach is like playing with no arms and backwards feet and I'm possibly being generous with that.

Without basing it on age and "potential" based solely on this year?

Mahomes
Allen
Herbert
Goff
Tua
Hurts
Stroud
Mayfield
Stafford
Flacco
Carr
Love
Lamarr
Wilson
Cousins
Burrow

Factoring in age/potential the list would change, but this is just a list of QBs who had better the better season lol.

Just 3

Mahomes
Lamar
Stroud

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 09:12 PM by Protozoa. Edited 3 times in total.)

(01-07-2024, 08:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: A lot of them

Very typical of you. If you're afraid of your bad takes its ok to say so. If there's "a lot of them" then naming them isn't hard to do.

Edit: you posted your list after i started my post so props to you.

(01-07-2024, 09:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Without basing it on age and "potential" based solely on this year?

Mahomes
Allen
Herbert
Goff
Tua
Hurts
Stroud
Mayfield
Stafford
Flacco
Carr
Love
Lamarr
Wilson
Cousins
Burrow

Factoring in age/potential the list would change, but this is just a list of QBs who had better the better season lol.

Unfortunately Football isn't played in a vacuum so who would you take over him based on Age/Potential

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 09:34 PM by SamusAranX. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-07-2024, 08:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: A lot of them
Make sure your roommate doesn’t log in

(01-07-2024, 09:10 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Without basing it on age and "potential" based solely on this year?

Mahomes
Allen
Herbert
Goff
Tua
Hurts
Stroud
Mayfield
Stafford
Flacco
Carr
Love
Lamarr
Wilson
Cousins
Burrow

Unfortunately Football isn't played in a vacuum so who would you take over him based on Age/Potential

lol Carr Wilson mayfield and Goff? So ironic when Goff is also a turnover machine. 

Remember this is the same guy who said stroud would be terrible

1. Mahomes
2. Burrow
3. Lamar
4. Trevor, Herbert
5. Allen
6. Stroud (need to see him do this one more year)

He's entering year four. The turnovers cannot be excused anymore for me.

Yes. Fully aware of the issues along the line, no running game, etc. You still cannot take a bad situation and make it worse.

As far as who I would take over him right now?

Mahomes, Jackson, Allen, Burrow, Prescott, Mayfield, Stafford, Goff, Tagovailoa, Love, Hurts, Purdy & Stroud.

Some of those guys are all play off bound QB's that all played noticeably better than he did throughout the year in noticeably better situations in terms of having a balanced offense and competent offensive line.

This team got exposed this season when the tougher stretch of the schedule came up and when you combine that with consistent injuries on offense and defense with lingering injuries on Lawrence?

You lose everything. I put a lot of this season's nonsense on Baalke and the entire coaching staff. However, Lawrence?

He's not a franchise QB to me at the moment. He's borderline Alex Smith and he's going to have to do a damn good job starting NOW going into year four to get the critics off his back.

Because honestly? He's beginning to prove them right. He's Josh Allen Light at the QB position.

He's all turnovers. No touchdowns.
He's all gumby. No gusto.

Sorry, not sorry. You're the face of the franchise. You're a former number one overall pick. You're here to carry this team when it needs carried the most.

We have a QB. Not a franchise QB. Not yet. And I'll leave it at that.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-07-2024, 09:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: 1. Mahomes
2. Burrow
3. Lamar
4. Trevor, Herbert
5. Allen
6. Stroud (need to see him do this one more year)

You're really ranking Trevor over Allen?