Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So...We're Really Keeping Baalke?

In my mind, I see Balke and Khan like this...

[Image: Grima-Puterie.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-10-2024, 10:57 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: In my mind, I see Balke and Khan like this...

It's funny,I get it,  but I really don't think that's what is happening. 

I think Khan is much more enamored with Doug than Baalke.

My best speculation on the dynamics in this braintrust are that Khan has instructed Baalke to do everything within reason to give Doug Pederson exactly what he wants in personnel decisions.

The Jags scouting dept. and FO heads serve to inform and persuade Doug in any way they are able based on their own research.

(01-10-2024, 10:57 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: In my mind, I see Balke and Khan like this...

Perfect! LOL Except the Baalke character needs to have compromising photos clutched in his weasely fingers.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-10-2024, 09:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Give me Baalke's free agents and 1st rounders.

Harris picking the rest of the draft.

Diamond Dave's contract negotiations.

Can we find all that in 1 person?

Would be nice. 

(01-10-2024, 11:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

It's funny,I get it,  but I really don't think that's what is happening. 

I think Khan is much more enamored with Doug than Baalke.

My best speculation on the dynamics in this braintrust are that Khan has instructed Baalke to do everything within reason to give Doug Pederson exactly what he wants in personnel decisions.

The Jags scouting dept. and FO heads serve to inform and persuade Doug in any way they are able based on their own research.

Pederson is the Eye of Sauron then and Taylor is his Gollum.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-09-2024, 09:12 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Shad Khan is the worst owner in all sports.

Even a women like Amy Adams Strunk has more balls than him to pull the trigger and fire her H that is regarded as one of the better coaches in the league.

No, he is not. That would be Tepper. 

Khan makes questionable decisions for sure but I believe he actually means well. Tepper's nickname is "Temper" here in NC and for a reason. Dude is completely irrational and has made decisions off the field that make you wonder how he has been successful in life.

I'll take Khan any day over someone like "Temper".

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 12:39 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(01-10-2024, 12:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 09:12 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Shad Khan is the worst owner in all sports.

Even a women like Amy Adams Strunk has more balls than him to pull the trigger and fire her H that is regarded as one of the better coaches in the league.

Khan makes questionable decisions for sure but I believe he actually means well. Tepper's nickname is "Temper" here in NC and for a reason. Dude is completely irrational and has made decisions off the field that make you wonder how he has been successful in life.

Yep, Tepper clearly the heir apparent to Dan Snyder's throne.

(01-09-2024, 06:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 04:34 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I want shack harris back at this point

Lol ....the man who passed on Terrell Suggs to draft Leftwich and then the following year passed on Big Ben to draft Reggie Williams (because we already had our franchise QB)..

Because those things only happen to Harris?

I'd love another Mathis, Greg Jones, Manuwai, Daryl Smith, Wilford, McCray, Lewis, MJD, Clint Ingram, Nelson, Durant and some others that were solid/better than what Baalke has brought.

Yeah, Harris wasn't great but he wasn't as bad as people say... His last draft was awful though.

Give me Harris over Baalke, Gene Smith and Caldwell.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-10-2024, 12:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

It astounds me that so many fans are seemingly oblivious to the fact that most owners not named Shad Khan would have already moved the team out of Jacksonville --  while Khan is entering a deal with the city not only to keep the team here long term but to improve the area around the stadium immensely. 

How horrible of him! 

LOL

He hasn't fired some guys quickly in the past. 
Big [BLEEP] deal. 

I'm glad he owns the Jags. Really glad, actually.

(01-10-2024, 12:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 12:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: No, he is not. That would be Tepper. 

It astounds me that so many fans are seemingly oblivious to the fact that most owners not named Shad Khan would have already moved the team out of Jacksonville --  while Khan is entering a deal with the city not only to keep the team here long term but to improve the area around the stadium immensely. 

How horrible of him! 

LOL

Big [BLEEP] deal. 

Related to what you mentioned, if Shad Khan became the Rams owner instead of Stan Kroenke in the early part of the previous decade, the Rams would very likely still would be in St. Louis.

(01-10-2024, 04:43 PM)D6 Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 12:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It astounds me that so many fans are seemingly oblivious to the fact that most owners not named Shad Khan would have already moved the team out of Jacksonville --  while Khan is entering a deal with the city not only to keep the team here long term but to improve the area around the stadium immensely. 

How horrible of him! 

LOL

Big [BLEEP] deal. 

Related to what you mentioned, if Shad Khan became the Rams owner instead of Stan Kroenke in the early part of the previous decade, the Rams would very likely still would be in St. Louis.

And the Jags in London.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-10-2024, 04:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 04:43 PM)D6 Wrote: Related to what you mentioned, if Shad Khan became the Rams owner instead of Stan Kroenke in the early part of the previous decade, the Rams would very likely still would be in St. Louis.

And the Jags in London.

If not London, Los Angeles would have been a very realistic possibility.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 06:16 PM by Khan Artist. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-10-2024, 12:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 12:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: No, he is not. That would be Tepper. 

How horrible of him! 

LOL

Big [BLEEP] deal. 

Listen, I know that Khan has a lot of earned goodwill for his commitment to the city.  And he deserves that.

That being said, he does not have any clue how to build this team well and it's obvious.  He took forever to move on from Caldwell despite constant underachievement.  He's the sole reason Urban was our head coach, and it took far too many mishaps for him to pull the trigger on the pink slip.

Rather than clean house, he retains Baalke, a man who literally nobody would hire as a GM if he were available.  He very nearly missed the boat on Doug Pederson, interviewing him early and then waiting months to hire him.

He isn't going to do what needs to be done for this team to reach the top in my opinion.

We desperately need an EVP.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...ss_taylor/

If this is true, Khan is truly the worst owner. He’s letting this snake of a human run the team and he continues to deflect blame to stay alive as GM

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 07:14 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(01-10-2024, 07:08 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...ss_taylor/

If this is true, Khan is truly the worst owner. He’s letting this snake of a human run the team and he continues to deflect blame to stay alive as GM

Gotta love reddit for some sattire

Comment from that post:

"Doug wants Baalke out, Baalke wants Press out, and Press wants to run shot gun passes on 4th and 1"

(01-10-2024, 07:08 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...ss_taylor/

[David Tepper enters the chat]
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1745158813940875433

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1745234784761098453
No Fun

(01-10-2024, 10:10 PM)nhiverson Wrote:

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1745158813940875433

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1745234784761098453

If this is at all true, I assume Trevor gets what he wants.

If there’s a power struggle and the knives are out, someone will be let go more than likely and sooner rather than later. Forgive me for waiting to believe it until I see it.

(01-10-2024, 10:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If there’s a power struggle and the knives are out, someone will be let go more than likely and sooner rather than later.  Forgive me for waiting to believe it until I see it.

I don't buy it either.  If Press was going to be relieved of his duties, it would already have been done.  He'll be back next year.

One thing we know for certain..

Baalke is a snake and always has been a snake. He has thrown Coaches/People under the bus everywhere he has been. There's no reason for that to change here. He is who he is and that was part of the reason why I wanted him gone with Urbs.