Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to Hire Nielsen (Merged Threads)

(01-12-2024, 01:55 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Teams hate us

No, I think it's because when head coaches get fired, teams don't know if their new head coach is going to want to hold onto the old coordinators.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2024, 11:48 AM by Lucky2Last.)

Bill Belichick incoming.

Jk.

Jack Del Rio’s unemployed. ;-)
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I think Pederson has to consider an established coordinator. As much as I would like to see Jim Leonhard personally. He'd be a first time NFL DC.

I think somebody like Frazier, Zimmer, Del Rio, Rivera & Martindale make the most sense. Especially with Doug approaching year three here. This is usually a make or break mark for most head coaches.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I want someone who can run some zone/man hybrids and put Travon inside.

Oh and someone who NEVER puts Josh Allen in coverage vs Njoku, like how stupid is that

(01-12-2024, 01:17 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I want someone who can run some zone/man hybrids and put Travon inside.

Oh and someone who NEVER puts Josh Allen in coverage vs Njoku, like how stupid is that

OLBs have to cover sometimes. 
It's a reality if you run a 3-4.

Good OCs will take advantage of it from time to time. 

In an entire season - Josh Allen gave up 64 yards in coverage. 
Nothing personal - seriously - but this complaint is tired and misinformed.

(01-12-2024, 01:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 01:17 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I want someone who can run some zone/man hybrids and put Travon inside.

OLBs have to cover sometimes. 

I just think you need a better nickel package, sure put him in coverage maybe twice a game, but NEVER against Njoku that’s going to be exploited if Todd Boumann is QB. Same goes for Travon.

(01-12-2024, 01:37 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 01:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: OLBs have to cover sometimes. 

I just think you need a better nickel package, sure put him in coverage maybe twice a game, but NEVER against Njoku that’s going to be exploited if Todd Boumann is QB. Same goes for Travon.

They don't "put" him in coverage against a TE.

That isn't how it works. 

They call a coverage for a play and THEN the offense sends out a formation.

They have some flexibility to communicate adjustments when they see mismatch - but you can't constantly switch the whole backend when a LB has to cover. It is simply part of the game. Linebackers have to cover sometimes. 

BTW - I'm pretty sure the play you are thinking of was actually Devin Lloyd in coverage, not Josh Allen.

(01-12-2024, 01:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 01:37 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I just think you need a better nickel package, sure put him in coverage maybe twice a game, but NEVER against Njoku that’s going to be exploited if Todd Boumann is QB. Same goes for Travon.

That isn't how it works. 

They have some flexibility to communicate adjustments when they see mismatch - but you can't constantly switch the whole backend when a LB has to cover. It is simply part of the game. Linebackers have to cover sometimes. 

BTW - I'm pretty sure the play you are thinking of was actually Devin Lloyd in coverage, not Josh Allen.

By put I meant coverage. Eh you’re probably right at this point I can’t distinguish between Josh, Travon, and Lloyd I’m coverage, it’s all bad. I just don’t think you can ever afford to put your best pass rusher and run defender in coverage, Shawn Merriman is a true OLB the dudes hips were meant for it. Josh and Travon are meant to have their hands in the ground. They look awkward in coverage, and I don’t blame them. Travon trying to cover a wheel route from a running back is hilarious.

(01-12-2024, 01:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 01:37 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I just think you need a better nickel package, sure put him in coverage maybe twice a game, but NEVER against Njoku that’s going to be exploited if Todd Boumann is QB. Same goes for Travon.

That isn't how it works. 

Not to even mention possibly the biggest regular season play of all 2022 came with Josh Allen in coverage.

Josh Allen isn't some lability to put into coverage, he's the best player on the defense and can do many things.

I want a defensive coordinator that plays Travon Walker at FS and Josh Allen at SS. . . .

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-12-2024, 03:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I want a defensive coordinator that plays Travon Walker at FS and Josh Allen at SS. . . .

Opposing teams can't beat us if all their receivers are in the blue tent.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-12-2024, 04:20 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 03:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I want a defensive coordinator that plays Travon Walker at FS and Josh Allen at SS. . . .

Exactly! 44 + 41 =

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

(01-12-2024, 04:20 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

(01-12-2024, 04:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 04:20 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Opposing teams can't beat us if all their receivers are in the blue tent.

Exactly! 44 + 41 =

Jags sign 1 player each week to take the knees out of the #1 WR. Player gets thrown out but they did their job.

WRs would be running backwards from the player.

(01-12-2024, 05:02 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 04:20 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Opposing teams can't beat us if all their receivers are in the blue tent.

(01-12-2024, 04:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Exactly! 44 + 41 =

Jags sign 1 player each week to take the knees out of the #1 WR. Player gets thrown out but they did their job.

WRs would be running backwards from the player.

It'll be dubbed "Baalke Gate". But, if we win a Superbowl? I'll take the fines and loss of draft picks. All's fair.

Interviewing a number of candidates with a secondary background.

(01-12-2024, 05:07 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Interviewing a number of candidates with a secondary background.

Jim Leonhard would be at the top of my list then if they're trying to improve their secondary. Very good overall safety throughout his NFL career, played on some top heavy defenses that were loaded front seven wise. Helped develop some really good talent out of Wisconsin over these last few years. 

He's doing nothing right now at Illinois outside of senior analyst work.

I read they have now received permission to interview 3 DC candidates who would be receiving a promotion w/ the title.

(01-12-2024, 05:36 PM)Marcos25067 Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...1438305367

MEH. Taking some chances here in my opinion. Evero is probably my pick from this litter.