Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conference Championship games

Karma hits Dan Campbell. AKA a Jeff Fisher want a be.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What a season for the Lions. They'll be kicking themselves for letting the Niners comeback but they've taken giant strides in 2 years.

They'll be competing again next year

This sucks for D6. I wanted the Lions to win for his sake.

They lost it by a fingertip

We know how they feel. It really sucks for the Lions and their fans. However, the 49ers and the Chiefs will ultimately be a better game I think.

Well one thing is for certain. Jaguar alumni Ben Bartch (SF) or Jawaan Taylor( KC) will get a Superbowl ring this year.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I'm rooting for sf

Eh... not watching the Super Bowl. Next season will hopefully look more promising.

I hate both these teams, but I hate KC more than SF. so go 9ers
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Hopefully the Chiefs win, simply because I don't want to listen to a whole off season of people continuing to over hype how average Purdy is.

Honestly Mr irrelevant winning the super bowl is kinda cool story and a really big deal if it happens
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-28-2024, 10:56 PM)Newton Wrote: We know how they feel. It really sucks for the Lions and their fans. However, the 49ers and the Chiefs will ultimately be a better game I think.

That loss is going to sting for awhile for Lions fans

(01-28-2024, 11:55 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Honestly Mr irrelevant winning the super bowl is kinda cool story and a really big deal if it happens

My husband said the same thing.

(01-28-2024, 10:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This sucks for D6. I wanted the Lions to win for his sake.

Me, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(01-28-2024, 10:52 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: What a season for the Lions. They'll be kicking themselves for letting the Niners comeback but they've taken giant strides in 2 years.

They'll be competing again next year.

Not necessarily.

If their OC leaves for a HC job, it may take some time for them to match this year.

(01-29-2024, 12:06 AM)jaglyn Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 10:56 PM)Newton Wrote: We know how they feel. It really sucks for the Lions and their fans. However, the 49ers and the Chiefs will ultimately be a better game I think.

That loss is going to sting for awhile for Lions fans

Fell asleep, but I heard that the Lions should’ve kicked some field goals.. smh

(01-28-2024, 10:55 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: They lost it by a fingertip

The finger tips the ref used to pick up that OPI flag. It was all downhill from there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

the game changed when lions went for it on 4th& 2 up 24-7. you kick the fg there,you don't go for it. from tht point on it was all downhill for lions.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-28-2024, 10:52 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: What a season for the Lions. They'll be kicking themselves for letting the Niners comeback but they've taken giant strides in 2 years.

They'll be competing again next year

I agree that the Lions not only had a great season, but the best is yet to come. The main reason was the hiring of Brad Holmes as GM in 2021. In his 3 years with the team, Holmes has drafted Penei Sewell, Amon Ra St-Brown, Alim McNeil, Jahmir Gibbs, Brian Branch, Jack Campbell, Sam LaPorta, Ifeati Melanfawu, Derrick Barnes, James Houston, Jameson Williams and Aiden Hutchinson. He has also added key free agents during this time. He was able to draft Gibbs and LaPorta due to the first round picks Holmes received when trading Stafford for Goff. While Stafford has a Super Bowl ring, Goff has rejuvenated his career and is likely to get a generous contract extension while Gibbs and LaPorta combined for 21 touchdowns as rookies. 

Holmes has made some mistakes like all GM's. His 2nd round pick in 2021, Levi Onwuzurike, has been a big disappointment. Holmes also failed to address the team's poor pass rush prior to the trade deadline- a similar criticism that we had in Jacksonville. I share these two criticisms to demonstrate Holmes' record has not been perfect. 

One other move Holmes made deserves mention. He traded up slightly in the last draft to draft Brian Branch in the 2nd round. All he had to give up was a late pick-5th round, believe. Many of us were pounding the table for Branch as a possible first round pick. While the Harrison pick can't be criticized, Baalke was asked why he didn't trade up in the 2nd round due to all of the picks the team had. He claimed that no team would deal with him despite his effort. Brian Branch had an incredible rookie year and is likely to become a perennial pro-bowl nickel back. Would it have been worth it to give up 3 mid to late round picks in addition to the Jaguars 2nd to move up? We ended up with Ventrell Miller, Yasir Abdullah, Tyler Lacy, Christian Braswell, Erik Hallett, Raymond Vohasek and Derek Parrish with 7 of these picks. The "best" picks were Cooper Hodges, Antonio Johnson and Parker Washington with Johnson the only one likely to be a key contributor- and that's not a definite. I could also note that Baalke also passed on O'Cyrus Torrence to take Strange in round 2.

Baalke was not the only reason for the team's collapse the 2nd half of last season. He has also done some good things as GM- primarily the 2022 free agent class. Our fanbase was feeling devastated due to the 2nd half collapse and he has been made the scapegoat by many. For the first time in the team's history, we were able to draft a quarterback that many felt was "generational." His performance during the 2nd half of the 2022 playoff season backed this up only raising our expectations for this team. I count myself among the fans who are "out of patience" and wanted a change to be made at GM. Baalke's primary job is to improve the roster and mostly through the draft. The contrast between his tenure as GM in Jax and Holmes' in Detroit speaks volumes! Unfortunately, he is not going anywhere and we have to HOPE that the upcoming free agent and draft classes exceed our low expectations.

(01-29-2024, 12:35 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:

They'll be competing again next year.

Not necessarily.

If their OC leaves for a HC job, it may take some time for them to match this year.

And I want them to excel. Nothing with through me more than a Jaguars versus Lions Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!