Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 FA class

Arizona LT D.J. Humphries cut, replaced by Cincy OT Jonah Williams

Raiders cut both Garrapolo and Hunter Renfrow.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2024, 05:47 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 05:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ridley to the Titans

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1768021822874796389?s=20

that right there is why Jags hardly ever have winning seasons. They let good players go,and  the player signs with a rivial in the division.  2024 Jags are not looking very good in our divsion. I can see us back in basement, unless mac jones becomes the starting qb.

Lol, that you actually think Jones would succeed where Lawrence couldn't is laughable. We'll enjoy your about face come December when the Jags clinch the division with three to play and TLaw is in the talk for MVP.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2024, 01:29 PM by Mikey.)

(03-13-2024, 10:21 AM)cland Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 08:57 AM)Mikey Wrote: Seems very noncommittal. Gives Hunter a couple seasons to earn a much bigger deal, They can move on from him in time for Anderson to get his bag. Don't forget that with Stroud and Anderson in the same darft, they can only tag one if both play 5 years on the rookie deals.

Not sure if it was Hunter that wanted the shorter length or the tinhorns.

It's very unlikely (based on how he's played so far) that Stroud will ever get to the franchise tag.  It's being reported that Hunter gave the Texans a discount, because he grew up just outside of Houston.  I think the 2 year contract works in favor of the Texans, as it gives them the opportunity to fill the position via the draft down the road without having any contract overhead.  Getting Hunter in his last prime years (29 and 30) for a very reasonable price, is a steal in my mind.

for sure it is a steal. He should slap his agent in the face for not getting a better deal.

If it means we can point to that deal more than Burns' deal in negotiations with Allen, I'd say it's the best deal this offseason.

(03-13-2024, 05:47 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 05:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ridley to the Titans

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1768021822874796389?s=20

that right there is why Jags hardly ever have winning seasons. They let good players go,and  the player signs with a rivial in the division.  2024 Jags are not looking very good in our divsion. I can see us back in basement, unless mac jones becomes the starting qb.

Frivolously spending 92M on a luxury is why the Jags have hardly ever had winning seasons in the past.

I suspect he does as much for the tacks' chances for long-term success as signing Arden Key did last year.

(03-13-2024, 06:30 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Be interesting to see what the market will be for M. Williams. His injury history is so bad, he may be cheaper than expected.

I give him $5M and a handicap parking hang tag. Heck, I'll toss in a pair of crutches as a signing bonus.

Build through the darft, baby.

Steelers gave up a 6th for Justin Fields. So they have him and Wilson now. Tomlin is trying to save his [BLEEP] this year. Good chance if they fail he gets canned. Tough business.

But, the GM and him failed in finding a good QB to develop behind Big Ben. I say that's 50/50. Rooney's would need to clean house completely. Front office and coaches gotta go.

Would be the perfect fit for Bill Belichick to return in 2025 with a year off. You watch.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

A 2025 6th for Fields is a really good move for Steelers. Especially as Russ is terrible

(03-16-2024, 06:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Steelers gave up a 6th for Justin Fields. So they have him and Wilson now. Tomlin is trying to save his [BLEEP] this year. Good chance if they fail he gets canned. Tough business.

But, the GM and him failed in finding a good QB to develop behind Big Ben. I say that's 50/50. Rooney's would need to clean house completely. Front office and coaches gotta go.

Would be the perfect fit for Bill Belichick to return in 2025 with a year off. You watch.

I don’t think 72 year old Belichick is really the Steelers style.  They like relatively young new coaches and they extend a lot of patience though that’s probably never truly been tested as they dont spend long periods out of the playoffs.

(03-16-2024, 06:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Steelers gave up a 6th for Justin Fields. So they have him and Wilson now. Tomlin is trying to save his [BLEEP] this year. Good chance if they fail he gets canned. Tough business.

I mean they are basically giving nothing for 2 decent Qbs... I don't know if it's his [BLEEP] on the line but i'd say he wants to go 10-7 make the playoffs.

(03-16-2024, 06:58 PM)Ordar Wrote: A 2025 6th for Fields is a really good move for Steelers. Especially as Russ is terrible

Is it a good move for a backup? We gave Patriots a sixth rounder for a better backup...

Fields to the Steelers for a 6th is a great move for them all things considered except that it is widely believe Tomlin is on the hot seat, so if they miss the playoffs and the Steelers clean house next year Fields may be on on the move again next off season which is probably not good for his career. I would have thought Fields would have landed with a coach/front office with some more leeway and stability if he was coming in as the back up. Also, I would have thought he would fetch more than a 6th. I'm glad he didn't land here as I suspect we'd have some knuckle heads calling for him to start.

(03-16-2024, 06:58 PM)Ordar Wrote: A 2025 6th for Fields is a really good move for Steelers. Especially as Russ is terrible

Russ is expected to be the starter

(03-17-2024, 08:39 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Fields to the Steelers for a 6th is a great move for them all things considered except that it is widely believe Tomlin is on the hot seat, so if they miss the playoffs and the Steelers clean house next year Fields may be on on the move again next off season which is probably not good for his career.  I would have thought Fields would have landed with a coach/front office with some more leeway and stability if he was coming in as the back up.  Also, I would have thought he would fetch more than a 6th.  I'm glad he didn't land here as I suspect we'd have some knuckle heads calling for him to start.

Oh if we have our normal rough start not having Fields here won't stop ours.....can you say hometown boy?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

....and they shopped Pickett, too.

I'll credit them, Russ is bargain basement this year thanks to the other dumb horse team. They get to kick the tires on Fields if Russ truly is cooked and he's also dirt cheap for the next year or so.

If they both stink, they'll be in perfect position to address the position in the 2025 darft.

Best thing for the rest of the league would be them canning Tomlin and hiring 78 (?) year old Belichick.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4n_4VNylA-/...cm9oYmZlYQ==

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2024, 05:02 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Mike Williams to the Jets

(03-18-2024, 10:26 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I'll credit them, Russ is bargain basement this year thanks to the other dumb horse team. They get to kick the tires on Fields if Russ truly is cooked and he's also dirt cheap for the next year or so.

If they both stink, they'll be in perfect position to address the position in the 2025 darft.

Best thing for the rest of the league would be them canning Tomlin and hiring 78 (?) year old Belichick.

Sounds good to me they need to win about 45% of their games for a while.

(03-18-2024, 10:26 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Tomlin would get another job quick.
But I'd bet Belichick hangs it up.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-19-2024, 05:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mike Williams to the Jets

LA to New York. Actually maybe a tax break, but he will need to buy a coat.

(03-21-2024, 08:53 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 05:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mike Williams to the Jets

LA to New York. Actually maybe a tax break, but he will need to buy a coat.

wonder how crutches will do on black ice?

Clowney to the Panthers. 20 millions for 2 years

(03-27-2024, 06:52 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Clowney to the Panthers. 20 millions for 2 years
Good home coming gift for him. Good way to finish up his career for the next 2 years near Rock Hill, SC.

Good for him.