Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 FA class

Connor Williams is a FA, I wonder if the dolphins will be able to afford him?  He would be huge for the offense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 04:31 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/connor-williams/46216

Id cut Cam and Scherff if it meant signing Williams. We could move Harrison to LT and draft Fuaga or Fautanu

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 10:53 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Williams tore his ACL a few weeks back so pass on him. Tyler Biadsz is one of the top guys on my FA wish list, Dallas oline has been one of the best olines in the game with Biadasz and i was very high on him coming out of college and he was arguably the best center in college as well. My favorite guys are always the ones that has been good to great at every level and Biadasz is one of those guys. Biadasz was Rimington award winner, uUnanimous All American and a guy we could of got in the 4th round and a guy i would of drafted in the 2nd, makes me sick thinking about it. Crazy how we pass on these guys year in and year out

Biadasz would be a great addition. Would rather try and get some younger veterans from the free agency market Vs. trying to gamble again with one or two more rookies on the offensive line to be honest with you.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-09-2024, 10:53 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Biadasz would be a great addition. Would rather try and get some younger veterans from the free agency market Vs. trying to gamble again with one or two more rookies on the offensive line to be honest with you.

I think we need to do both.  We need 3 new starters on the interior imo.  We need to do what KC did a few years ago.  They drafted Humprey in the 2nd, drafted Smith, then brought in the best G in free agency in Thuney.  If we extend Allen and tag Ridley think that will take up most of our cap space but we can likely bring in one guy.  Even if we bring in vets on the oline, and I agree, we still need to draft a few

Solved this yesterday:

"Cut Sherff, give half the savings to Cleveland and the other half to Robert Hunt from the Phins. Cut Robinson and sign Jon Feliciano from San Fran to play center.

Little - Cleveland - Feliciano - Hunt - Harrison
Draft pick tackle (Swing this year), Tug Boat, Fortner, Draft Pick IOL (future C)

Instantly they are somewhere between 15 and 20 in line rankings and likely save cap dollars to do it."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-09-2024, 11:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Solved this yesterday:

"Cut Sherff, give half the savings to Cleveland and the other half to Robert Hunt from the Phins. Cut Robinson and sign Jon Feliciano from San Fran to play center.

Draft pick tackle (Swing this year), Tug Boat, Fortner, Draft Pick IOL (future C)

Instantly they are somewhere between 15 and 20 in line rankings and likely save cap dollars to do it."

I don't like it and it isn't solve unless the 1st 2 draft picks is oline.  We lose our best offensive lineman and the only lineman we have with some nastiness.  We resign Cleveland who was horrendous and not much better than Shatley if he was any better at all.  Our best performance from the oline after we traded for Cleveland was when Cleveland didn't play.  Little regressed and I'm not counting on him to be our starter at LT when we can keep Cam and also have Little on the roster. The only way I bring back Cleveland is if he is cheap and we don't have to count on him to be the starter.  Give me Biadasz or Cushenberry berry over Feliciano and I want a people mover and a mauler at RG not a RG that is good in a zone blocking scheme, need maulers.  I'd rather Dotson at RG personally

Little and Robinson are interchangeable on the field, only Little doesn't have a year suspension hanging over his head nor does he cost $16 million dollars.

Cleveland is fine, he's going to make good money this offseason and we're better if he's here.

Feliciano, Clevleand and Hunt will cost less that PEDSRob and Sheriff combined and give better play in all three spots.

What you want are linemen who don't fit the system here. We aren't changing the playbook, we're getting players who can play the book better for less cost.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-09-2024, 11:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 11:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Solved this yesterday:

I don't like it and it isn't solve unless the 1st 2 draft picks is oline.  We lose our best offensive lineman and the only lineman we have with some nastiness.  We resign Cleveland who was horrendous and not much better than Shatley if he was any better at all.  Our best performance from the oline after we traded for Cleveland was when Cleveland didn't play.  Little regressed and I'm not counting on him to be our starter at LT when we can keep Cam and also have Little on the roster. The only way I bring back Cleveland is if he is cheap and we don't have to count on him to be the starter.  Give me Biadasz or Cushenberry berry over Feliciano and I want a people mover and a mauler at RG not a RG that is good in a zone blocking scheme, need maulers.  I'd rather Dotson at RG personally
After researching Dotson, I agree that he'd be the best choice for right guard. He is a mauler and still has his best play ahead of him. I don't believe they could afford both Dotson and Biadasz or Cushenberry so they might need to take a rookie like Powers-Johnson, Van Pran or Zack Frazier. 

I also agree with the currently contrarian view of letting Robinson walk. Baalke has been a terrible failure overall, but Anton Harrison was good as a rookie and would be just as good as Robinson, at a big discount. The argument about his toughness and leadership doesn't work for me if they signed Dotson at guard, drafted Fuaga or Fautanu in round 1 and another lineman in the mid-rounds. Fuaga and Fautanu could play either guard or right tackle depending on whatever they do in free agency. Toughness would no longer be an issue with either of these 2 and Dotson at guard. Harrison doesn't need to be the best run blocker at left tackle as long as he protects Lawrence. 

The new, much improved line would be (from left to right):

Harrison    Dotson.   (Powers-Johnson/Van Pran/Frazier)   Fuago/Fautanu.  Little

OR

Harrison.   Rookie.    Cushenberry/Biadasx .   Fuaga/Fautanu.    Little

My preference is choice 1 because this would totally transform the personality of the line from being the softest in the NFL to one that would revive the running attack which also benefits Lawrence. Walker Little is the wild card in that we're not sure what to expect from him. I''d like to believe that between his injuries and being constantly moved by the coaching staff we haven't seen his best. He actually performed well at tackle last season when given the chance.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 09:17 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-09-2024, 01:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Little and Robinson are interchangeable on the field, only Little doesn't have a year suspension hanging over his head nor does he cost $16 million dollars.

Cleveland is fine, he's going to make good money this offseason and we're better if he's here.

Feliciano, Clevleand and Hunt will cost less that PEDSRob and Sheriff combined and give better play in all three spots.

What you want are linemen who don't fit the system here. We aren't changing the playbook, we're getting players who can play the book better for less cost.

If Cam gets suspended again then he doesnt cost you 16 mil.  Little has a big injury history and we need to keep all 3 tackles we currently have.  Cam was our best lineman and im not letting go of our best lineman when we had the 31st ranked oline.

Cleveland sucked, he wasnt fine.  He will likely get good money and its exactly why i dont want him here, if we can get him cheap and arent counting on him to be the starter then fine but other than that its a hard pass.  I want to improve the oline and after we traded for him he improved the oline none. 

Agreed on Scherrf, id cut him, hes a decent pass blocker when healthy but he is a poor run blocker, we need a RG that can do both.  Id sign Dotson or draft Fuaga at RG.  The Cowboys use multilple run blocking schemes and have one of the best olines in the legue.  Biadasz would be a perfect fit if he doesnt resign with Dallas.   Not a fan of your thinking to fix the oline.  We regressed at the tackle position and didnt upgrade the interior a ton.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 02:54 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

DJ Reader, Grover Stewart, and DaQuan Jones a for NTs to look at

(01-09-2024, 01:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 01:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Little and Robinson are interchangeable on the field, only Little doesn't have a year suspension hanging over his head nor does he cost $16 million dollars.

If Cam gets suspended again then he doesnt cost you 16 mil.  Little has a big injury history and we need to keep all 3 tackles we currently have.  Cam was our best lineman and im not letting go of our best lineman when we had the 31st ranked oline.

Cleveland sucked, he wasnt fine.  He will likely get good money and its exactly why i dont want him here, if we can get him cheap and arent counting on him to be the starter then fine but other than that its a hard pass.  I want to improve the oline and after we traded for him he improved the oline none. 

Agreed on Scherrf, id cut him, hes a decent pass blocker when healthy but he is a poor run blocker, we need a RG that can do both.  Id sign Dotson or draft Fuaga at RG.  The Cowboys use multilple run blocking schemes and have one of the best olines in the legue.  Biadasz would be a perfect fit if he doesnt resign with Dallas.   Not a fan of your thinking to fix the oline.  We regressed at the tackle position and didnt upgrade the interior a ton.

If he plays he's overpriced and you pay the opportunity cost for average at very best line play; if he's suspended he doesn't play and you have to fill the hole. That's what the "nor" means in my sentence.

Now then, just because average and expensive PEDSRob was your best lineman (your opinion not mine) doesn't mean that you keep him. That's like drafting the tallest of the 7 Dwarves for your NBA squad. Dopey might ball, but you don't run him out at center. Instead you put in the equally productive and cheaper option (Grumpy) and spend that money elsewhere. The NFL is about getting an acceptable level of production for the cheapest price. and that's Little over Robinson in 2024. Then you take a tackle in the draft to replace Little if he doesn't pan out next season and to be your backup in 2024. Your idea that you just run back with a bad unit is the same thing people are railing about all over social media. Thanks for your service Cam, but it's time to move on.

The Center and Guard signings or picks are going to come down to whether or not Pederson decides to double down on a ZBS heavy approach or if he's keen to mix in more power gap plays into the book next year.

There are free agents out there that lean heavily one way or the other. Guys that excel at both are tougher to find and we don't know how biased our braintrust is concerning the stronger but less mobile guys some of us fans would like to see added.

(01-10-2024, 10:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The Center and Guard signings or picks are going to come down to whether or not Pederson decides to double down on a ZBS heavy approach or if he's keen to mix in more power gap plays into the book next year.

There are free agents out there that lean heavily one way or the other. Guys that excel at both are tougher to find and we don't know how biased our braintrust is concerning the stronger but less mobile guys some of us fans would like to see added.

Our current guys' mobility is limited to how far they roll when they get dwarf tossed by the defense.

(01-10-2024, 01:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 10:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The Center and Guard signings or picks are going to come down to whether or not Pederson decides to double down on a ZBS heavy approach or if he's keen to mix in more power gap plays into the book next year.

Our current guys' mobility is limited to how far they roll when they get dwarf tossed by the defense.

Doug to Baalke:
Trent, these guys up front aren't getting it done.

Baalke: You said you wanted mobility. 79 moves backward faster than any center I've ever seen!

I know trenches will get the most attention, but let's look at the potential top of the WR market including age for 2024 season, height, weight, projected market value on spotrac as well as prior year receptions, targets, yards and TDs:

• Tee Higgins          25    6'4" 218lbs  $18.6M/Yr   42   76   656    5
  • Mike Evans           31    6'5" 225lbs  $23.8M/Yr   79  136  1255  13
  • Michael Pittman    26    6'4" 223lbs  $22.7M/Yr   109 156  1152  4
  • Calvin Ridley        29     6'1" 190lbs  $17.0M/Yr   76  136  1016  8
  • Marquise Brown   27     5'9" 181lbs  $14.8M/Yr   51  101  574    4
  • Gabe Davis          25     6'2" 225lbs  $13.5M/Yr   45  81    746   7
  • Darnell Mooney    26     5'11" 173lbs $10.4M/Yr  31  61    414   1
  • Curtis Samuel      28     5'11" 194lbs $11.5M/Yr   62  91   613   4
  • Tyler Boyd           29     6'2" 185lbs  $8.7M/Yr     67  98   667    2
  • K.J. Osborn         27      5'11" 203lbs $7.5M/Yr    48  75   540   3

Mike Evans might be nice for a year, but I start getting concerned about age where he's at.  He's also angling for a last bite at the apple rather than re-signing with his home team during the season.  I don't think we're going to allocate to WR as much as Pittman would demand on the market so I think you can safely mark him off our list.  Gabe Davis kinda stands out here to me as a potential bargain over Ridley if we let him walk assuming the actual salaries of these players next year wind up being close to the projected salaries listed.   If we let Ridley walk (and perhaps we should), does anyone else think Davis should be a target or have any criticisms of his game?  I haven't watched much of him honestly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jaguars made a serious attempt to sign Lions LG Jonah Jackson if he hits the open market as an UFA. Jackson didn't have his best season in the recently completed 2023 regular season, in part because of an ankle injury that kept him out for a few games.  However, the drop-off of play when Jackson was out was substantial.

With the hiring of Ryan Nielson, one guy to keep an eye on is Nate Landman. He was an undrafted rookie from Colorado who played inside linebacker. Nielsen spoke glowingly about him and could likely get him to sign with the Jaguars at a modest price.

Tee Higgins to get tagged

(02-13-2024, 01:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tee Higgins to get tagged

To anyone's surprise? Anyone? Bueller?