Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Got Appeal Bond (Edited)

(04-01-2024, 04:00 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Lol, you guys can't get out of black and white. There needs to be competition, and there needs to be classes. What doesn't need to exist is a ruling class. People with too much money become a ruling class. The system of government set up by our founders clearly didn't stop it. Our vote and voice clearly didn't stop it, and we're heading in the wrong direction. What's going to stop it? You guys get so caught up in economic capital that you neglect political capital.

(04-01-2024, 02:56 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: In your effort to root out evil, you yourself have become the communist villain.  What a movie twist that would be.  You can't put one foot on the slippery slope (actually it's probably both) and pretend everything is fine and will continue to be fine.  I've never seen someone post so much that is right and then get something this disastrously wrong but I guess that's what makes people interesting.  These little political stance deviations from expectations.  And no, I don't demand ideological purity because I understand that ideologies all have their faults, even the ones I subscribe to. 

Freedom has its negatives.  Your version of freedom could be perfect "if only we could cap incomes."  You are never going to get the Utopia you're chasing.  And even if you're not, you'd be handing true communists one of their most powerful tools of control because who decides what is too much wealth?  If it's any person or group of people other than the individual earner, wrong answer.  And I'll add, you can't say what you have said without some level of jealousy or hatred (or both) toward billionaires so I think your declaration that none of that is present in your stance is disingenuous.

I almost wasn't going to respond to this post, because you clearly don't understand either my position or communism. There is zero jealousy towards billionaires. My ideas are rooted in philosophy, as is every moral. You are diminishing my position to elevate your belief.

I get where you are coming from however you are trying to control Political capital by constraining economic freedom.  I think you can achieve much of what you are asking for by attacking how huge money is influencing politics.  Corporations should not be allowed to donate vast sums of cash while writing it off to politicians.  The ability of PAC’s to influence politics has to be limited, and yes I know I am a broken record here but every bill submitted in congress needs to be a single issue.  One last thing comes to mind, if an elected representatives net worth exceeds a certain percentage in any given timeframe there should be a triggered audit of their finances and no offshore account.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-01-2024, 05:32 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: There are ways to limit it, though. It's heading in the wrong direction, but you don't care because "it's always been that way." Your passivity is astounding.

How would you limit the fact that rich people have more power than poor people?

Can we change this fake thread title mods?

If anyone is curious about who holds the note on this:

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-hankey-ci...ny-1885832

Mr. Hankey has bailed Trump out of financial trouble in the past with 125 and 175 million dollar loans so Trump could retain 2 different properties he could no longer afford. Trump still owes him on those loans/refis.

Add this Bond to the tab and Trump is basically financially owned by a dude who makes his millions giving 15% interest car loans to people with bad credit.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2024, 12:28 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-02-2024, 12:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If anyone is curious about who holds the note on this:

Mr. Hankey has bailed Trump out of financial trouble in the past with 125 and 175 million dollar loans so Trump could retain 2 different properties he could no longer afford.  Trump still owes him on those loans/refis.

Add this Bond to the tab and Trump is basically financially owned by a dude who makes his millions giving 15% interest car loans to people with bad credit.

Always Christmas when you're Donald Trump.  He always has a #2 come out to keep him from going down the drain.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-02-2024, 12:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If anyone is curious about who holds the note on this:

Mr. Hankey has bailed Trump out of financial trouble in the past with 125 and 175 million dollar loans so Trump could retain 2 different properties he could no longer afford.  Trump still owes him on those loans/refis.

I didn't notice this information in the article provided.  Do you have a source?

How is Hankey's sub-prime auto finance business relevant to Trump's bond in any way?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-01-2024, 08:39 PM)copycat Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 04:00 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Lol, you guys can't get out of black and white. There needs to be competition, and there needs to be classes. What doesn't need to exist is a ruling class. People with too much money become a ruling class. The system of government set up by our founders clearly didn't stop it. Our vote and voice clearly didn't stop it, and we're heading in the wrong direction. What's going to stop it? You guys get so caught up in economic capital that you neglect political capital.

I almost wasn't going to respond to this post, because you clearly don't understand either my position or communism. There is zero jealousy towards billionaires. My ideas are rooted in philosophy, as is every moral. You are diminishing my position to elevate your belief.

I get where you are coming from however you are trying to control Political capital by constraining economic freedom.  I think you can achieve much of what you are asking for by attacking how huge money is influencing politics.  Corporations should not be allowed to donate vast sums of cash while writing it off to politicians.  The ability of PAC’s to influence politics has to be limited, and yes I know I am a broken record here but every bill submitted in congress needs to be a single issue.  One last thing comes to mind, if an elected representatives net worth exceeds a certain percentage in any given timeframe there should be a triggered audit of their finances and no offshore account.

This was my first approach to trying to solve the problem, but we already had that idea at various points in our government. People get around it. You have to disincentivize the elites from taking, whether that comes in the form of public or private greed. Every single conservative on this board would agree that we don't want a King or Queen. Why not? Because their power knows no bounds, both politically and economically. One begets the other. This is the fundamental flaw with every totalitarian government. 

I think we need to empower the government in very specific ways. One of which is limiting their greed. I think all people should be taxed at the same rate. Government should only regulate that which they can't directly benefit from, which is why my plan is nothing like communism. The goal is to limit power and influence. Sociopaths won't stop taking, and the peons who have bought into the idea that we're all just temporarily disenfranchised billionaires need to stop dreaming.

(04-02-2024, 01:44 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

I didn't notice this information in the article provided.  Do you have a source?

How is Hankey's sub-prime auto finance business relevant to Trump's bond in any way?

That info is in the twitter thread linked in the article. 

How is it relevant? 

I'll let you speculate on your own why many people may not feel great voting for a candidate who owes a loan shark ~300 million dollars.

Of course I don't expect any of this to change opinions of folks who have already bought in on voting for a raping, traitorous, con-man who tried to steal an election, but there may be some "fiscal conservatives" out there who see the red flags amongst the dollar signs in this particular debacle.

Oh man, wait until this guy finds out how much we owe China...

(04-02-2024, 02:01 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Oh man, wait until this guy finds out how much we owe China...

the [BLEEP] does that have to do with anything?

LOL, the left being triggered by Trump paying his bond never gets old.

I can't wait until Trump ends up suing all these people down the road.

(04-02-2024, 02:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: LOL, the left being triggered by Trump paying his bond never gets old.

I'm just over here laughing at morons that can't understand how corruptible a candidate is when he owes millions upon millions to so many. 

If orange turd somehow finds his way to office again he'll be engaging in all kinds of shady [BLEEP] to slither out from under these loans. 

Of course he was always going to use the office to personally profit anyway, this just makes it worse, and it makes him more of an easily bought puppet to the mega rich.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2024, 02:50 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-02-2024, 02:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 02:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: LOL, the left being triggered by Trump paying his bond never gets old.

I'm just over here laughing at morons that can't understand how corruptible a candidate is when he owes millions upon millions to so many. 

If orange turd somehow finds his way to office again he'll be engaging in all kinds of shady [BLEEP] to slither out from under these loans. 

Of course he was always going to use the office to personally profit anyway, this just makes it worse, and it makes him more of an easily bought puppet to the mega rich.

Maybe he can do it all in the name of funding Ukraine so people like you feel better about it.

Also, if you believe Trump entered politics to enrich himself, you can't be reasoned with.

That one left a mark lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-02-2024, 02:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 02:01 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Oh man, wait until this guy finds out how much we owe China...

the [BLEEP] does that have to do with anything?

If Trump is controlled because he owes people money then what does that say about our Establishment government that's owned lock, stock, and barrel by the CCP?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

NYC4Jags may have the worst case of TDS I have ever seen, and that is a HIGH bar.

(04-02-2024, 02:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 02:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: the [BLEEP] does that have to do with anything?

If Trump is controlled because he owes people money then what does that say about our Establishment government that's owned lock, stock, and barrel by the CCP?

You can deflect by comparing personal debt to national debt all you like.

I'm sure you understand the ways they negatively influence politics on different levels.

(04-02-2024, 02:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 02:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If Trump is controlled because he owes people money then what does that say about our Establishment government that's owned lock, stock, and barrel by the CCP?

You can deflect by comparing personal debt to national debt all you like.

I'm sure you understand the ways they negatively influence politics on different levels.

I do understand it, I'm just commenting on your focus on one person when the entire institution is no different.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-02-2024, 02:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 02:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm just over here laughing at morons that can't understand how corruptible a candidate is when he owes millions upon millions to so many. 

Maybe he can do it all in the name of funding Ukraine so people like you feel better about it.

Also, if you believe Trump entered politics to enrich himself, you can't be reasoned with.

LOL

I'm not trying to reason with you. 

You voted for a rapist and you're proud of it.

Why the [BLEEP] do I care to reason with that type of disgusting filth.

I just provided some information on the loan shark that I knew would otherwise never come up in this hell hole.

(04-02-2024, 03:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 02:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You can deflect by comparing personal debt to national debt all you like.

I do understand it, I'm just commenting on your focus on one person when the entire institution is no different.

Great - so let's add some [BLEEP] gasoline to it with more corruption. LOL.

(04-02-2024, 03:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 02:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Maybe he can do it all in the name of funding Ukraine so people like you feel better about it.

LOL

I'm not trying to reason with you. 

You voted for a rapist and you're proud of it.

Why the [BLEEP] do I care to reason with that type of disgusting filth.

I just provided some information on the loan shark that I knew would otherwise never come up in this hell hole.

(04-02-2024, 03:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I do understand it, I'm just commenting on your focus on one person when the entire institution is no different.

Great - so let's add some [BLEEP] gasoline to it with more corruption. LOL.

A rapist? Convicted by CNN?