Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags FA News

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2024, 02:04 PM by AnOldBrownie. Edited 3 times in total.)

(05-02-2024, 01:44 PM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(05-01-2024, 07:07 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Don't the Jags have two 3rd rounders next year?  And I'm only setting the low bar that the Jags won't resign Lassiter. Heck... Next year the Jags could choose to extend Lassitor or Campbell.  Lassiter is the better corner.

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk
Bro Lassiter is on the Texans, what are you talking about? Second, having additional 3rd rounders is no reason to piss away a second. The heck are you talking about here!?!

Marshon Lattimore isn't on the Texans bro.

Edit: Sorry for the spelling error.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-02-2024, 01:59 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 01:44 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Bro Lassiter is on the Texans, what are you talking about? Second, having additional 3rd rounders is no reason to piss away a second. The heck are you talking about here!?!

Mashon Lassiter isn't on the Texans bro.

They drafted Kamari Lassiter from my Bulldogs. 42nd overall. Could be getting his wires crossed.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-02-2024, 01:59 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 01:44 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Bro Lassiter is on the Texans, what are you talking about? Second, having additional 3rd rounders is no reason to piss away a second. The heck are you talking about here!?!

Marshon Lattimore isn't on the Texans bro.

Dude can't stay on the field anymore. He was good and the Saints would love someone to take him off their hands. Last 2 years he has been awful. He played 7 games in 2022 and 10 in 2023.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-02-2024, 02:26 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 01:59 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Marshon Lattimore isn't on the Texans bro.

Dude can't stay on the field anymore. He was good and the Saints would love someone to take him off their hands. Last 2 years he has been awful. He played 7 games in 2022 and 10 in 2023.
Name recognition plagues fans. It’s a dynamic environment, we want to be looking for the next big name, not washed up injured players. I totally agree with you.

Congrats to Smoot for catching on with the Bills. Jags must have thought they could improve the spot. Question is, with who?

I'm thinking Bud Dupree will replace Smoot. Guess we'll see.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(05-03-2024, 02:44 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Congrats to Smoot for catching on with the Bills.  Jags must have thought they could improve the spot.    Question is, with who?

I'm thinking Bud Dupree will replace Smoot.  Guess we'll see.

Not sure. They have Lacy and Abdullah from last year. Neither guy really fits the bill size and scheme wise. Just depends on how Nielsen uses his base package and how he schemes he's players through each gap or assignment. 

Smoot was a good rotational player. Former 3rd RD selection. Think he was one of Coughlin's guys if I am not mistaken. Good, consistent player though. Averaged 5.0 - 6.0 sacks for the last few years prior to that injury derailing him a bit. 

As far as replacements, still thinking it's maybe a guy like Dupree, Ogbah or Ngakoue. We need a solid rotational EDGE rusher in this defense. I don't think we have anybody outside of Allen and Walker. Not holding my breath on my Myles Cole being the be all, end all answer to this roster as well. 

They did also sign Gipson up earlier last month.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-03-2024, 03:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-03-2024, 02:44 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Congrats to Smoot for catching on with the Bills.  Jags must have thought they could improve the spot.    Question is, with who?

Not sure. They have Lacy and Abdullah from last year. Neither guy really fits the bill size and scheme wise. Just depends on how Nielsen uses his base package and how he schemes he's players through each gap or assignment. 

Smoot was a good rotational player. Former 3rd RD selection. Think he was one of Coughlin's guys if I am not mistaken. Good, consistent player though. Averaged 5.0 - 6.0 sacks for the last few years prior to that injury derailing him a bit. 

As far as replacements
, still thinking it's maybe a guy like Dupree, Ogbah or Ngakoue. We need a solid rotational EDGE rusher in this defense. I don't think we have anybody outside of Allen and Walker. Not holding my breath on my Myles Cole being the be all, end all answer to this roster as well. 

I am thinking it will be a while before any moves are made. Why? Because we have teams with less cap space than they need to sign their draft classes and UDFA's.  They are going to need to make some moves to do this.  We wait, watch and see what happens. Bet we get some phone calls lol.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2024, 11:53 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Ha, Ridley needs him

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1787505050765410538

As far as replacements, still thinking it's maybe a guy like Dupree, Ogbah or Ngakoue. We need a solid rotational EDGE rusher in this defense. I don't think we have anybody outside of Allen and Walker. Not holding my breath on my Myles Cole being the be all, end all answer to this roster as well. 

These boys absolutely need a veteran DE that can give you atleast 5 to 6 minimum.

Tyler Lacy is 6'4" and #285, he's the prototype size for a 43 left end. Abdullah is the one who is just a bad fit, he's too slow to play Will and he's too light to be an effective rusher.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-06-2024, 12:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(05-03-2024, 03:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Not sure. They have Lacy and Abdullah from last year. Neither guy really fits the bill size and scheme wise. Just depends on how Nielsen uses his base package and how he schemes he's players through each gap or assignment. 

These boys absolutely need a veteran DE that can give you atleast 5 to 6 minimum.

Josh Allen is now that vet DE, why do we still think he's some immature greenhorn who has no idea how the pro game works?

Do you guys think there is any truth to this, or just Mia being Mia?

https://twitter.com/1010XL/status/1787544398785564912

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...1073232158

I’m just really hoping our new center last the whole season

(05-06-2024, 06:22 PM)Marcos25067 Wrote: Do you guys think there is any truth to this, or just Mia being Mia?

My first thought is in alignment (pun alert!) with the response to this tweet. Is there much Doug could have done during the season? I don’t know, but he certainly dealt with it immediately after the season was over.

(05-06-2024, 06:28 PM)Newton Wrote: I’m just really hoping our new center last the whole season

I’ll say it AGAIN: there is an incredible amount of weight on Mitch Morse’s shoulders. He is the linchpin of this offense. If he goes down with an injury, we’re back to last season’s offense. 

The only drawback to this draft was not taking a center, and it is a major drawback.

(05-06-2024, 06:22 PM)Marcos25067 Wrote: Do you guys think there is any truth to this, or just Mia being Mia?

I don't think Mia would make that kind of stuff up.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2024, 08:27 PM by cland. Edited 1 time in total.)

This is a silly (self-serving) comment. No coach gets to DC in the NFL without having communication along the defensive front line.

(05-06-2024, 03:33 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 12:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: These boys absolutely need a veteran DE that can give you atleast 5 to 6 minimum.

Josh Allen is now that vet DE, why do we still think he's some immature greenhorn who has no idea how the pro game works?

It’s not about Allen but about other guys behind him. Last season outside of Walker and Allen, you got 3.5 from RRH. If you have to deal with an injury or injuries for a few games it would be beneficial to have a quality role player. Abdullah, etc. ain’t cuttin the mustard.

We have a lot of cap room. Jags need to go for it in 2024. The future is now.

(05-06-2024, 07:49 PM)Dimson Wrote:

I don't think Mia would make that kind of stuff up.

I think the player/source very likely said what Mia reported -- it's just that the player exaggerated the claim.
(working on alignment 0% of the time is impossible - no way to install a defense that way. - they just didn't do it up to NFL standards)

Other players getting up in arms about it seems to lend my theory credence. 

If defensive players didn't like Caldwell's scheme and didn't feel they were getting all they needed in terms of alignment discipline/feedback, then the quick dismissal makes even more sense. 

The back seven obviously had major struggles down the stretch, and this stuff jives with that.