Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's time to question coaching

Quote:No, they made the playoffs in year 3 with Cam.

They went from 6 wins in his rookie year to 7, to 12....

Progress.
My mistake. They did go 2-14 to draft him in the first place that was my initial point. The team was bad initially.

Okay so we are saying 3 years then not two?

Also didn't he have a few players around him and on that that defense when that regime took over? Perspective. 

Steve Smith, Stewart, Williams, Beason etc.. They were guys there to build around. That's the conversation here. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They were competitive in year 1 and year 2, and by year 3 they were in the playoffs.

We're not even close to competitive. 

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:The Panthers were devoid of talent similar to the Jaguars when Cam Newton arrived. That 2-14 season they had Hardy who had shown nothing to that point, and Beason who suffered a career altering injury. The very next year they managed to win 6 games. 6-10 is a losing record, but it's a record that indicates the team was only a few games away from being .500, and Carolina lost a couple nailbiters that year with what was arguably a harder schedule than the year before

And year three of the Rivera era? 12-4. That is a rebuild.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here, but mine is that there's no excuse for being this bad in year 2. None at all.
So steve smith was no one? Jonathan Stewart and Deangelo Williams anyone? There was no one of that talent level on this team. We had no Greg Hardy. That is my point. There were no pieces like that when Caldwell took over. There was no Cam Newton when he drafted his first year. 

Quote:Okay so we are saying 3 years then not two?

Nope, I'm saying 2 years to be competitive, 3 years for the playoffs.

I can't honestly say this will even be a .500 team next year, let alone the playoffs.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

WE UNDERSTAND that... that's why nobody is expecting 12 wins next year (like the Panthers got)...

we ARE expecting competitive football.

I said 6 wins in this schedule should be feasible..  If not, I'm not renewing my season tickets.  Simple as that.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

The team is less competitive than the year we were coached by Mularkey. That's a problem.

Quote:They were competitive in year 1 and year 2, and by year 3 they were in the playoffs.

We're not even close to competitive. 
You guys keep missing the point here. These things would be true if we had players when Caldwell took over. I would expect a competitive if there was one here before his tenure. We were terrible since way before he came here lol. What are you guys not seeing in this conversation. This team didn't have a reggie way, or a mathis, or a Steve Smith or a beason or anything of that level. I'm naming future hall of famers here. These teams had guys who could carry a unit on there own. Steve Smith could take over a game any day of the week. Mathis and Freeney would beat you on their own. What player did Caldwell have to build around and who did Gus have to scheme with like that?  

Quote:The team is less competitive than the year we were coached by Mularkey. That's a problem.
2-14 doesn't seem to competitive to me. 

Quote:2-14 doesn't seem to competitive to me. 

I think you might actually be missing the point of what competitive means.

That team in 2012 lost three road games in overtime. Plus had 4 other single digit losses. The 2014 Jaguars haven't lost by less than 17.

Quote:The Panthers are one.

I'll ask you, what team do you know has ever put itself in a position like that in the first place?

I'll give you a hint: The GM that put us here, is still working for this team.

The Falcons pretty much rebuilt their roster when they hired mike smith too. They were successful, and that was before they had a plethora of weapons

Quote:WE UNDERSTAND that... that's why nobody is expecting 12 wins next year (like the Panthers got)...

we ARE expecting competitive football.

I said 6 wins in this schedule should be feasible..  If not, I'm not renewing my season tickets.  Simple as that.
But that's what the patherns had in year one of their rebuild and got 6 wins lol. That is the point. They had all those players and still only managed 6 wins lol. They still had to add more and develop others to get to 12. What do we have that's close to what they had on their 6 win team? What did Caldwell have that it close to their 2 win team? 

The team has shown no improvement since 2012.

Here are the stats to prove it.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/jax/

Quote:The Falcons pretty much rebuilt their roster when they hired mike smith too. They were successful, and that was before they had a plethora of weapons
Again the had Roddy White and Douglas, signed Tony Rodriguez, and had John Abraham on the team. They had a few guys to build around prior to the new regime stepping in.  What did Caldwell have that was close to Roddy White and John Abraham to build around. Who is comparable to that for Gus to scheme with in 2013? 

Quote:2-14 doesn't seem to competitive to me. 
Yeah the rules weren't changed either to see score explode like they have. If these 2014 rulese were in place then we would have lost those 2 games we won lol. 

Quote:Again the had Roddy White and Douglas, signed Tony Rodriguez, and had John Abraham on the team. They had a few guys to build around prior to the new regime stepping in.  What did Caldwell have that was close to Roddy White and John Abraham to build around. Who is comparable to that for Gus to scheme with in 2013? 

Assume that no other team in the history of the NFL had a situation as bad as the Jaguars did.

Is it still unreasonable to expect that they were inherit the 29th ranked offense and 30th ranked defense and make them better?

God you are thick.

I'm done discussing this. I think we need to be further along than we are. We are extremely disappointing.

Quote:The team has shown no improvement since 2012.

Here are the stats to prove it.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/jax/
So are we saying that Caldwell took over a bad team with no talent because that's the point I'm making. All I'm saying is I see a team in the making. I realize it will take another year though before we start seeing something materialize. 

Quote:Assume that no other team in the history of the NFL had a situation as bad as the Jaguars did.

Is it still unreasonable to expect that they were inherit the 29th ranked offense and 30th ranked defense and make them better?
Lol I never said the expectation should not be there but we have to give the time for the changes to be made. Two offseasons to me is just not enough time to fix the worst roster in the NFL. 

Quote:So are we saying that Caldwell took over a bad team with no talent because that's the point I'm making. All I'm saying is I see a team in the making. I realize it will take another year though before we start seeing something materialize. 

He took over a bad team (ranked 29th offense, 30th defense). Year one they go 31st offense, 27th defense. They currently in year two sit at 31st offense, 32nd defense. Worse than when they took over a roster with nothing.

Quote:God you are thick.

I'm done discussing this. I think we need to be further along than we are. We are extremely disappointing.
Primarily why I gave up, but I can respect the optimism.

I don't know if this team will always be this bad, but I do know the arrow is stagnate

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.