Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's time to question coaching

Quote:God you are thick.

I'm done discussing this. I think we need to be further along than we are. We are extremely disappointing.
Lol you are pretty think yourself and I see your scope of reasoning pales into comparison to a bar of soap. Nonetheless your expectations will not dictate the truth and reality. The reality is Caldwell took over the worst roster in the NFL and needed more than 2 offseasons and 20 games to fix all the holes this teams had when he took over. Even in your madden world 20 games is not enough develop players to a elite level. You can't just play on the linebacker and cover the whole field. This is real football buddy. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lol I never said the expectation should not be there but we have to give the time for the changes to be made. Two offseasons to me is just not enough time to fix the worst roster in the NFL. 

It still looks like the worst team in the league.

Quote:It still looks like the worst team in the league.
Let's see how it plays out over the whole year. If we are still 32 in all categories or whatever, I'll concede my position then. I just think this team will improve over time. It's what young people do. 

Quote:Lol you are pretty think yourself and I see your scope of reasoning pales into comparison to a bar of soap. Nonetheless your expectations will not dictate the truth and reality. The reality is Caldwell took over the worst roster in the NFL and needed more than 2 offseasons and 20 games to fix all the holes this teams had when he took over. Even in your madden world 20 games is not enough develop players to a elite level. You can't just play on the linebacker and cover the whole field. This is real football buddy. 

You're not even making sense. Nobody is saying they expected the team to be at an elite level. I do think plenty of people thought the team would not be losing games by 17+ every week.

Quote:Lol you are pretty think yourself and I see your scope of reasoning pales into comparison to a bar of soap. Nonetheless your expectations will not dictate the truth and reality. The reality is Caldwell took over the worst roster in the NFL and needed more than 2 offseasons and 20 games to fix all the holes this teams had when he took over. Even in your madden world 20 games is not enough develop players to a elite level. You can't just play on the linebacker and cover the whole field. This is real football buddy.

Strawman

Good night
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:It still looks like the worst team in the league.
It looks like the worst back seven on defense.

The D-line is obviously not the worst -  and the offense has a chance to creep up a dozen spots in the rankings if Blake continues to play well and the O-line grows a little with experience. 

I think those rankings will look different in 5 weeks. 

Quote:You're not even making sense. Nobody is saying they expected the team to be at an elite level. I do think plenty of people thought the team would not be losing games by 17+ every week.
So 20 games after getting a horrible roster and gutting it, we should be considerably better than 2012? Not elite but much improved? 20 games is a large enough sample size for you to know this staff isn't doing this rebuild correctly? Am I making sense now? 

Quote:Strawman

Good night
Learn what straw man means before you use a term. My point was made in the post. We've played 20 games since Caldwell took over a 2-14 roster with no all pro players and were 32nd in all  rankings but 20 games later we should be top 13. In all categories. 

Yeah this isn't going anywhere. Yall believe 2 years should be enough time to turn this roster around and i think we need at least another off season to be competitive. Let's just leave it at that. 

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 11:25 PM by Kotite.)

At some point some coaches need to intervene and say.. hmmm.. they KEEP running that little screen to the RB for big gains. Maybe we should try to stop it. I have yet to see this coaching staff make a second half adjustment (aside from benching Henne.)
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Yeah this isn't going anywhere. Yall believe 2 years should be enough time to turn this roster around and i think we need at least another off season to be competitive. Let's just leave it at that.

I think part of the problem is the perception that the entire roster had to be purged when caldwell took over. That isnt something they HAD to do. Their were cogs they could have kept, like daryl smith, knighton. Even the monroe trade and drafting of joeckel looks dumb now (why draft to replace a guy who isnt that bad?)

Were they "older" players? Sure. Would you have had to spend money? Yeah, probably more than we would have liked. But guess what, we have BOATLOADS of money we haven't spent.

So while "rebuild" can be an excuse for not winning initially, you should still be putting a competitive product on the field. Especially in year two.

Quote:I think part of the problem is the perception that the entire roster had to be purged when caldwell took over. That isnt something they HAD to do. Their were cogs they could have kept, like daryl smith, knighton. Even the monroe trade and drafting of joeckel looks dumb now (why draft to replace a guy who isnt that bad?)

Were they "older" players? Sure. Would you have had to spend money? Yeah, probably more than we would have liked. But guess what, we have BOATLOADS of money we haven't spent.

So while "rebuild" can be an excuse for not winning initially, you should still be putting a competitive product on the field. Especially in year two.

This is true

Gene smith tried the whole draft guys and start rookies approach too, and it didnt work. You dont get a buffer of 5 years of playing like [BLEEP] in this league. That isnt acceptable. They should have spent more money to make this a more competitive roster now, plain and simple.

I mean sure, we had "competition", but competition between draft picks and undrafted rookies. "Competition" doesnt necessarily yield good results, it just means that one player was less sh$tty than the other. We havent brought in any quality vets to challenge rookies at all. None.

Quote:I think part of the problem is the perception that the entire roster had to be purged when caldwell took over. That isnt something they HAD to do. Their were cogs they could have kept, like daryl smith, knighton. Even the monroe trade and drafting of joeckel looks dumb now (why draft to replace a guy who isnt that bad?)

In defense the boat loads of money actually came from cutting all those other guys. We were the most salary strapped team in 2012 and 2013. Caldwell cut those guys to have the cash we have now to spend on players going forward for his regime. Not hold on to the previous regimes players.

Quote:Gene smith tried the whole draft guys and start rookies approach too, and it didnt work. You dont get a buffer of 5 years of playing like [BAD WORD REMOVED] in this league. That isnt acceptable. They should have spent more money to make this a more competitive roster now, plain and simple.

I mean sure, we had "competition", but competition between draft picks and undrafted rookies. "Competition" doesnt necessarily yield good results, it just means that one player was less sh$tty than the other. We havent brought in any quality vets to challenge rookies at all. None.

That was also over a 4 year span. Looking back he missed on his draft picks and spent poorly. Caldwell is spending and drafted. That's exactly what you should do. We just have to see if he hits or not.

Quote:That was also over a 4 year span. Looking back he missed on his draft picks and spent poorly. Caldwell is spending and drafted. That's exactly what you should do. We just have to see if he hits or not.

But they still just had competition between castaways and draft picks the last few offseasons across the board in the secondary and at linebacker. Did we expect the result of those competitions to yield quality play?

Quote:That was also over a 4 year span. Looking back he missed on his draft picks and spent poorly. Caldwell is spending and drafted. That's exactly what you should do. We just have to see if he hits or not.

And by now, i think it's safe to say beadles, toby, and the linebacker signings were misses

Quote:Learn what straw man means before you use a term. My point was made in the post. We've played 20 games since Caldwell took over a 2-14 roster with no all pro players and were 32nd in all rankings but 20 games later we should be top 13. In all categories.

You are inventing your own argument
;

;

Anyone missing JDR and Shack Harris? 

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 11:42 PM by haveaseat.)

We don't make adjustments and until we do we will not be successful. I truly believe they don't even consider what the other team is doing. They just stick to their gameplan and don't change anything. It's one reason we got torn up by Cousins. The gameplan was all for RG3.