Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thoughts on Jaguars game and this board

Quote:If you cut through all the crap the truth is there is very little to be positive about.

Yes there are some young players that show potential but until proven it's just that.

The product on the field is garbage.

That is fair.

I think it will change...but until it changes to the point where the wins outnumber the losses and this team hoists a couple of Lombardi trophies, then it is speculating in potential.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So you came here to whine about the whiners?  Good job
You are one of the exact reasons I made said post on the board. You can't look at it logically and realize what's going on doesn't fix itself overnight. We've been unfortunate in having the brilliance that is Gene Smith turnover our roster that forced a complete overhaul. The issue isn't a bad product on the field many years. It's been that we waited many years before what we're doing now actually happened. 

Look at this 

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/10/6/6...ng-process

Quote:The whole parity thing has never been accurate. If it were every team would end up somewhere around 8-8 every year. Football has changed so much but it is and always has been a QB driven league, at least since the 70's. If you don't have a good one you are not going to be winning much. Been that way for a long time now.

This was something I was afraid of. They sold the rule changes on the idea that you have to play the full game because a team may recover from a 20 point defiecit in the 3rd quarter. All it really has done is sepearted the good teams from the bad teams even more.

If you have a qb that can't complete an accurate pass then changing the rules won't help that team any more. It will actually expose them even more. On the other hand, aguy like Peyton gets to destroy the record books. It used to be a parity league and I look at the titans to see it.

They always seemed to be a 6-10 9-7 every year no matter the roster. Now they are right down there with us. Parity is a thing of the past. It's the haves and have nots. Our only chance to catch up is draft the next JJ Watt or Calvin Johnson.

Quote:BigJag57 --- I'm just curious how much $$ you spent on Season Tickets over the past 5 years. Our family has spent over $12,500 in tickets alone which equates to ~ $25,000 on our Gameday experience.

Given the fact that the location on your profile suggests you live in INDIANA, it doesn't appear that you have much $$ invested in this team.

Blaming the current leadership for the mistakes of previous years makes absolutely no sense, none.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

To the OP...  No offense, but you just cirtiqued the posters on this board for being dumb, or at least saying dumb things without first thinking...

And then you go on to your very first point that Gerhart is playing with what you believe to be some sort of phantom injury that occurred.  Is this so called injury being concealed in a classified section of the Jaguars Organization that can only be accessed by NSA level clearance???  LOL!  You need to take your own advice, BigJag...

OK, now I'll read the rest of this thread.

Dude, people complaining about the numerous nay-bobs of negativity make me laugh...

I haven't read one post by anyone saying they want overnight change.  91% of all posters, even the mouse breeders, are just looking for some glimmer of hope...  

The "you can't expect things to change over night" arguement is one set up as a straw man to knock down whenever a large group of posters start saying alot of negative stuff about the team.

We all know you can't change things overnight.  But this isn't over-night, now is it...  We've been rebuilding since 2008...

With that said, Sunday's game was a good showing on the D, for the most part.  Yes we gave up some large chunks here or there, but we never got burned.  The D kept us in the game.  And our rookie QB just couldn't get it done.  

This week, we may very well win...  And this could be the beginning of the turn around we're all desperate for.  Untill then, if some posters want to vent, I say let them.

And if some BigJags want to vent over some posters, fine.  But I'm gonna then vent on BigJags for not being logical themselves.  It's a vicious cycle, but one that is typical of any MB.  

trolls will be trolls just got to avoid them

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

I hate you all equally.

I just hate some of you more equally than others.

Smile

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:The whole parity thing has never been accurate. If it were every team would end up somewhere around 8-8 every year. Football has changed so much but it is and always has been a QB driven league, at least since the 70's. If you don't have a good one you are not going to be winning much. Been that way for a long time now.

I have to disagree with the bold statement above.

While quarterback has always been an important position, I can name one to ponder for a bit.

Trent Dilfer

He not only wins a Super Bowl, but the team got there after winning 7 straight in regular season and going 3-0 in the playoffs after earning a wildcard spot.  After that Super Bowl he signed as a backup.

Was Trent Dilfer considered a "great" or even a "good" quarterback for the rest of his career?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I have to disagree with the bold statement above.

While quarterback has always been an important position, I can name one to ponder for a bit.

Trent Dilfer

He not only wins a Super Bowl, but the team got there after winning 7 straight in regular season and going 3-0 in the playoffs after earning a wildcard spot.  After that Super Bowl he signed as a backup.

Was Trent Dilfer considered a "great" or even a "good" quarterback for the rest of his career?

You're able to name 1 QB/weak offense since 1970...  The outlier is not necessarily proof...

Quote:You're able to name 1 QB/weak offense since 1970...  The outlier is not necessarily proof...
And honestly, there is more than just 1, but still in no way proves the obvious, QB driven league, false.

Quote:And honestly, there is more than just 1, but still in no way proves the obvious, QB driven league, false.

Yeah, agreed.  It's obviously a QB driven league the minute the forward pass was legalized!

The running game had a much larger role in the past, but the QB was still the thing, for the most part....  Maybe a few years that may not have been the case, but that still doesn't change the reality of how the game is played and won on a fundamental level.

Quote:And honestly, there is more than just 1, but still in no way proves the obvious, QB driven league, false.
I'm confused, are you implying some other position affects a teams success more than the QB? What you list above is an anomaly.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I'm confused, are you implying some other position affects a teams success more than the QB? What you list above is an anomaly.
No, i'm not.

Quote:You're able to name 1 QB/weak offense since 1970...  The outlier is not necessarily proof...

If the original poster had said maybe since 1990 or so, then I can agree with it.  However, the 70's was a totally different style of football.  Some names that were really "game changers" back then in no particular order.  Tony Dorsett, Herschel Walker, Franco Harris, Walter Payton, Earl Campbell, O. J. Simpson, Larry Csonka.  It used to be that running back was "the" position.

Great quarterbacks from back in the 70's off the top of my head.  Roger Staubauch, Fran Tarkenton, Ken Stabler, Terry Bradshaw and Bob Griese.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

TL;DR Team sucks, fire Fisch, Slowby is trash, pass defense against the Steelers is likely just an anomaly. 

Quote:I have to disagree with the bold statement above.

Trent Dilfer

Trent Dilfer was, is, and will always be one of the best. A champion, a leader of men and the pinnacle of greatness.

Quote:BigJag57 --- I'm just curious how much $$ you spent on Season Tickets over the past 5 years.   Our family has spent over $12,500 in tickets alone which equates to ~ $25,000 on our Gameday experience.

Given the fact that the location on your profile suggests you live in INDIANA, it doesn't appear that you have much $$ invested in this team.
So you have spent money and live in or near Jacksonville both of which allows you to go to the games. This must give you special powers to determine whether other "fans" are worthy. When I lived in Jax, I went to as many games as I could afford. When I wasn't at the stadium, I was glued to the TV or at least to a radio. I was at the rally when it was announced that we got the team. I was at the inaugural game even though I had to skimp on meals to afford the ticket. 

But, in your assessment, I am not a true fan and my opinion has no merit because I no longer live near Jacksonville and I haven't "invested" lots of money into Season Tickets or Gameday experiences. To me, your opinion has no bearing either.

Quote:To the OP...  No offense, but you just cirtiqued the posters on this board for being dumb, or at least saying dumb things without first thinking...

And then you go on to your very first point that Gerhart is playing with what you believe to be some sort of phantom injury that occurred.  Is this so called injury being concealed in a classified section of the Jaguars Organization that can only be accessed by NSA level clearance???  LOL!  You need to take your own advice, BigJag...

OK, now I'll read the rest of this thread.
Lets really try hard to not spit out drivel kay? 

I critiqued the posters who are simply stating things like 'OH EM GEE DEY BEEZ BADZ AND WEZ GONZ SUX MOAR" without providing a sound a logical argument as to why they are. They say Bortles is an interception machine and is a bust. Well no duh he's a rookie. But what about the positives that you have seen thus far? 

They trash the offense and it's ineptitude, it's play-calling, it's whatever. NO DUH ITS BAD BECAUSE IT'S BEEN REBUILT. How many players starting on the o-line were here 3 years ago as starters? What about the running back? The quarterback? The wide receivers? It's been completely overhauled. Yes Shorts and Lewis are hold overs from previous regimes and we have yet to see any legit output from them thus far. But the issue is people look at the offense say the past 5-6-7 years and base that WHOLE experience on the current regime. 

Defense wise we are in the same boat, more experience and we were under-performed. But then they played stout against one of the best QBs in the game with a hot WR and RB duo and held their own. There was improvement. One being the cutting of the dead weight (Guy) and changing. You see improvement. 

Yes, I get that many are frustrated and I am right there in the same boat. But you gotta have a short term memory and look at it like the message is given, what are we getting better at, and what opportunities do we have to get better. Don't let the past dictate the present or the future. 

Quote:So you have spent money and live in or near Jacksonville both of which allows you to go to the games. This must give you special powers to determine whether other "fans" are worthy. When I lived in Jax, I went to as many games as I could afford. When I wasn't at the stadium, I was glued to the TV or at least to a radio. I was at the rally when it was announced that we got the team. I was at the inaugural game even though I had to skimp on meals to afford the ticket. 

But, in your assessment, I am not a true fan and my opinion has no merit because I no longer live near Jacksonville and I haven't "invested" lots of money into Season Tickets or Gameday experiences. To me, your opinion has no bearing either.
woooooord