Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thoughts on Jaguars game and this board

For some reason I'm just highly annoyed by posters on the board lately. I don't normally much care as I like coming on here and reading things. However, lately I've had the severe misfortune in watching a lot of posters just post the most brain-dead, idiotic drivel that one should never have wasted life reading. 

Yes I get it, it's a message board, you are supposed to post and argue and blah blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally for that. But lets make sure we're actually making sense about what we are arguing about. Yes I also get that we've been a pretty bad team for awhile now and that can lead to making irrational decisions. Kinda like when you get mad and suddenly punch the wall without thinking then suddenly realize that was dumb and irrational to do. 

All I'm saying is don't go posting stuff ranting and raving about something when you can't look at the whole thing and weigh the good and the bad. 

So here are my observations: 

-Gerhart isn't what we thought he would be. It could be him playing through an injury that he got earlier in the year and is toughing it out. I've went back and looked at old film and the guy's just missing a step. He's not hitting the hole with conviction. But he has some good things about him. 

-Offensively, we had 7 rookies out there. I count Joeckel a rookie due to his limited playing time. A 1/2 of a rookie if you will. Take him out and you still have majority offense there. What this means is it's going to take time to gel and mesh. it's going to take time to get on the same page, the same groove. 

-Coaching Staff/Management: I'm not going to say much here except state the obvious. There's conviction and desire to make this team great. Sure they aren't going to make the best decisions, but they are also learning how to work together as well. 

-Rebuilding. It's been going on for a long time right? Not really. What we have gone through on this regime is a total overhaul. Think of buying a house, and then literally stripping the whole entire inside of the house out. The walls, the drywall, the insulation, the wiring, the floors, the pipes, etc. And then you are putting everything brand new back into it. It takes time and sometimes things may not end up being how you wanted it. 

-Bortles: He is the real deal. Someone started a post giving crap about how he's a bust already because of his picks so far. I will remind said person that Peyton Manning through for 28 interceptions his rookie year. And maybe it's just me, but I don't think Manning's a bust by far. 

-WRs: There is work to be done. Hurns makes me happy and frustrates me. He tried to 1 hand catch an easy pass yesterday and it looked like he could have gotten some good yards out of that play. A-Rob has potential as well as Lee, but they need development. IF IF IF we get Blackmon back one day, then I think we will be good to go. 

-Defense: Ahhh yes the defense. It was supposed to be the thing that kept us in the things that have resulted in the exact opposite. We had a tough time here. But what you saw is that the coaches weren't afraid to make the changes needed and you know what? It's starting to work itself out. I think that it was more of a matter of them working together in trusting each to do their job and not trying to do too much. We have a good run D. We have a good pass rush, just needed to work on the pass defense. But that's something that Dave will address in the future. 

You should feel special. I don't ever take genuine time to share my thoughts on these things. But I felt like some of you needed to look at it with common sense and stop jumping the gun on things. You only succeed in making yourself look stupid by doing that. I don't want to think of any of my fellow Jaguar fans at idiots who possess an IQ equal to a jar of mayonnaise. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You make some good points but you also make some bad points, IMO.

If you can't stand reading the board, I suggest to read it less frequently.

The people that are mad and upset have every right to be.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Cant we all just be "Friends"?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

The team is currently on their second 8 game losing streak in two years. We have a GM/coach with a 4-21 record and an owner with a 6-35 record. What do you expect?

Quote:The team is currently on their second 8 game losing streak in two years. We have a GM/coach with a 4-21 record and an owner with a 6-35 record. What do you expect?

We're 4-17, not 4-21

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Wah wah wah.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2014, 11:14 AM by jvillejagsn1.)

Quote:The team is currently on their second 8 game losing streak in two years. We have a GM/coach with a 4-21 record and an owner with a 6-35 record. What do you expect?
I hear what you're saying. But, do you want them to pull great players out their rear-ends? What do you want them to do? Have there been some questionable stuff happen with coaching and stuff? Yes. But we don't exactly have a lot of great players on the team right now. And most are highly inexperienced. We have a long way to go.... I didn't picture us starting 0-5 out the gate, but thinking honestly, I'm not surprised.

GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Don't let the trolls get you down.  

Huh

i agree with you about the coaches.  they are new and learning as well.  I think that is part of the problem.  We have inexperience in the coaches as well as the players.

I happen to associate with some very smart mayonnaise, thank you!

Quote:For some reason I'm just highly annoyed by posters on the board lately. I don't normally much care as I like coming on here and reading things. However, lately I've had the severe misfortune in watching a lot of posters just post the most brain-dead, idiotic drivel that one should never have wasted life reading.

Yes I get it, it's a message board, you are supposed to post and argue and blah blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally for that. But lets make sure we're actually making sense about what we are arguing about. Yes I also get that we've been a pretty bad team for awhile now and that can lead to making irrational decisions. Kinda like when you get mad and suddenly punch the wall without thinking then suddenly realize that was dumb and irrational to do.

All I'm saying is don't go posting stuff ranting and raving about something when you can't look at the whole thing and weigh the good and the bad.

So here are my observations:

-Gerhart isn't what we thought he would be. It could be him playing through an injury that he got earlier in the year and is toughing it out. I've went back and looked at old film and the guy's just missing a step. He's not hitting the hole with conviction. But he has some good things about him.

-Offensively, we had 7 rookies out there. I count Joeckel a rookie due to his limited playing time. A 1/2 of a rookie if you will. Take him out and you still have majority offense there. What this means is it's going to take time to gel and mesh. it's going to take time to get on the same page, the same groove.

-Coaching Staff/Management: I'm not going to say much here except state the obvious. There's conviction and desire to make this team great. Sure they aren't going to make the best decisions, but they are also learning how to work together as well.

-Rebuilding. It's been going on for a long time right? Not really. What we have gone through on this regime is a total overhaul. Think of buying a house, and then literally stripping the whole entire inside of the house out. The walls, the drywall, the insulation, the wiring, the floors, the pipes, etc. And then you are putting everything brand new back into it. It takes time and sometimes things may not end up being how you wanted it.

-Bortles: He is the real deal. Someone started a post giving crap about how he's a bust already because of his picks so far. I will remind said person that Peyton Manning through for 28 interceptions his rookie year. And maybe it's just me, but I don't think Manning's a bust by far.

-WRs: There is work to be done. Hurns makes me happy and frustrates me. He tried to 1 hand catch an easy pass yesterday and it looked like he could have gotten some good yards out of that play. A-Rob has potential as well as Lee, but they need development. IF IF IF we get Blackmon back one day, then I think we will be good to go.

-Defense: Ahhh yes the defense. It was supposed to be the thing that kept us in the things that have resulted in the exact opposite. We had a tough time here. But what you saw is that the coaches weren't afraid to make the changes needed and you know what? It's starting to work itself out. I think that it was more of a matter of them working together in trusting each to do their job and not trying to do too much. We have a good run D. We have a good pass rush, just needed to work on the pass defense. But that's something that Dave will address in the future.

You should feel special. I don't ever take genuine time to share my thoughts on these things. But I felt like some of you needed to look at it with common sense and stop jumping the gun on things. You only succeed in making yourself look stupid by doing that. I don't want to think of any of my fellow Jaguar fans at idiots who possess an IQ equal to a jar of mayonnaise.

Great post. Good to see some other level headed people around here.

Of course it sucks to lose but come on, let's use a little perspective. Couldn't believe I saw a thread saying Bortles is the problem.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:We're 4-17, not 4-21

Good catch.

My bad.

Caldwell/Bradley have a winning percentage of .190 not .160.

Quote:Good catch.

My bad.

Caldwell/Bradley have a winning percentage of .190 not .160.

WOOOO!!!!

One of these years.............

Quote:WOOOO!!!!

David Shula is considered by a lot of people to be the worst head coach in modern NFL history.

His record was 19-52.

Bradley would have to go 15-35 to catch Shula. Better hurry up and get better Gus!!!!

Don't get me wrong I'm just as frustrated as many on the board. But let's look at the positive. We lead the league in sacks.also we only allowed one sack yesterday. Our offense is better than it was 2 weeks ago. Our line is improved. Our qb play is improved. Pass defense is better.

This rebuild is the legit rebuild not the mularkey crap or the gene Smith era. Or the jdr era. This is the real deal. Don't let the past experience dictate the current regime. Give it time.

Good post.  I'm always looking for the positives in the bad.  I guess you kinda have to if your a jags fan or you'll make yourself miserable.  There are some bright spots, but i do think the fans deserve better.  They've been great to this team, despite the picture the national media has painted for some reason.  They deserve to be rewarded, it's just hard to constantly be hopeful only to be disappointed, then make excuses about rebuild and injuries and rookies and such, only to be disappointed again.  It's a really tough spot to be in and it's obviously really getting to some who put there money, emotion and time into something the care a lot about but have no control over.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2014, 02:34 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

BigJag57 --- I'm just curious how much $$ you spent on Season Tickets over the past 5 years.   Our family has spent over $12,500 in tickets alone which equates to ~ $25,000 on our Gameday experience.

Given the fact that the location on your profile suggests you live in INDIANA, it doesn't appear that you have much $$ invested in this team.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2014, 02:34 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

It's becoming more and more apparent on this board that the people that actually have Season Tickets and go to the game are feeling a little more frustrated from those that live in California, Indiana, and Tennesse and don't go to the games.

Sure life circumstances have prevented me from being able to spend money to see the team. But if I were in Jacksonville, I would absolutely spend to go to games. And I would not change how I feel about the team. And I'm in Indiana not Illinois.