Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OC Candidates

Quote:I would like to offer my services for Jaguars OC. I ran a highly successful online scheme on Madden 13 with Blaine Gabbert at QB. I also know not to run slow running backs to the outside.
Can you run a wr screen and throw 3 yards on 3rd and long offense?

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't think Briles would leave the $4million+ per season contract he signed that runs through 2023 to become an offensive coordinator.

That's why I think it's improbable.

BUT! Briles has stated that he loves a challenge, and the next challenge for him would - in a logical sense anyway - be the NFL.

Not likely to happen, but still a possibility.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Personally like Trestman if we want a guy who has nfl playcalling experience, otherwise i'm really intruiged with Scott Frost and also Randy Fichtner.

[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

I really have no issues with Trestman as OC. I would accept Roman. However, I would like a QB coach with NFL experience and a new oline coach. Our current oline coach is mia due to cancer and his assistant filling in for him is in over his head.

Trestman would be a great hire.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

How much would it cost to get Urban Meyer...? I watched him go beast mode in person when he was Utah's HC. He hasn't slowed down any where he has been. I'd rather watch a spread offense than run, check down, screen, punt (you can pick the order they get run in).

Quote:How much would it cost to get Urban Meyer...? I watched him go beast mode in person when he was Utah's HC. He hasn't slowed down any where he has been. I'd rather watch a spread offense than run, check down, screen, punt (you can pick the order they get run in).

If he ever did decide to leave it would probably be for another head coaching position in the NFL not as a coordinator.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Still think Trestman is the best guy for the job

I hope whoever we get that they are willing to work with what we have as opposed to trying to make round pegs fit into square holes.  I would rather be really good at a few things than try to be overly creative.  

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

I wouldn't mind seeing Kevin Gilbride as OC if Caldwell could get him out of retirement

Quote:How much would it cost to get Urban Meyer...? I watched him go beast mode in person when he was Utah's HC. He hasn't slowed down any where he has been. I'd rather watch a spread offense than run, check down, screen, punt (you can pick the order they get run in).

Weasel Meyer would only go to an established winning team. Then once they regressed he'd bail due to health, family, etc issues.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Still think Trestman is the best guy for the job

Me too. Bullseye scared me off of Roman with those passing game rankings.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015, 01:06 PM by BlakeBortles.)

How about Scott Frost?

[Image: smile.png]

I too would like to see Kevin Gilbribe as our next OC...........

Quote:Me too. Bullseye scared me off of Roman with those passing game rankings.

Considering who Roman has had at QB and WR I'm not sure I'd be scared off.

Alex Smith was considered one of the biggest busts of all time before Roman's time with him, and Kaepernick's success for a guy coming out of a worthless college system that taught him nothing of how to play QB in the NFL speaks volumes.

I'm not saying that Roman is or should be the guy, but the level of success the 49ers experienced while hamstrung with guys that aren't true top tier NFL QBs was astounding.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015, 01:21 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

Quote:Considering who Roman has had at QB and WR I'm not sure I'd be scared off.

Alex Smith was considered one of the biggest busts of all time before Roman's time with him, and Kaepernick's success for a guy coming out of a worthless college system that taught him nothing of how to play QB in the NFL speaks volumes.

I'm not saying that Roman is or should be the guy, but the level of success the 49ers experienced while hamstrung with guys that aren't true top tier NFL QBs was astounding.

This is the kind of statement that could totally swing my opinion of a Roman hire.  I, too, was scared by Bullseye's stats, but now I am just as easily swayed back to finding it a good hire.  I would be a lousy GM.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:This is the kind of statement that could totally swing my opinion of a Roman hire. I, too, was scared by Bullseye's stats, but now I am just as easily swayed back to finding it a good hire. I would be a lousy GM.

When looking at stats just remember that when given longer than 2.6 seconds to throw Gabbert what is on the top third of QBs.

That should remind you how misleading they can be.

Quote:Considering who Roman has had at QB and WR I'm not sure I'd be scared off.

It's not just in SF though. The more I read about Roman, the more apparent it is that this is his tendencies. If we want a power running team, he's the guy. If we want a passing oriented team, then it won't be him.

Quote:When looking at stats just remember that when given longer than 2.6 seconds to throw Gabbert what is on the top third of QBs.

That should remind you how misleading they can be.

All that did was showed that when Gabbert didn't have to deal with pressure he could be acceptable. It's up to the GM to determine if a lot of a guy's failure is due to those around him or due to his inability to do things to avoid high failure situations.

Same with coordinators. You have to be able to figure out if a guy is creating success or simply benefiting from premier talent to work with.

In the case of Roman you have a guy that took a team with nothing to speak of at WR, a talent TE, a great RB, and an all time bust at QB on the level of Gabbert but worse due to being drafted #1, and made the offense a major success.

Did everything just suddenly come together under him, or does he really understand how to put people into position to contribute at their highest level as a group?

Quote:I don't trust buddy it look like he about to offer me some candy in his mini van or some sh1t
You're dumb as a bag of hair.