Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OC Candidates

Quote:From Ryan O.

The source told the Times-Union the Jaguars are “a way’s away,” from making a hire and the process could stretch into later this month when the team is coaching at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.

When they find their guy, they're going to hire him.   I guarantee you.   They aren't going to set some kind of timetable on it.   If they want one of the guys they are interviewing this week, they aren't going to tell him he has to wait a month.  That would be stupid, and they are not stupid. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I doubt it. Only in your blind homer little click. I can't remember the last time the Jags have hired a proven name.

Like Roman or Trestmen?

Big proven names have jobs. There's those coming up and those who might just be best at OC.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:That you're clearly not very bright? [Image: no.gif]

Or an FSU fan.

Maybe both! [Image: turned.gif]

Please elaborate. And screw you btw.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Interesting how this conversation evolved over the years.

The Jaguars fan base basically had a pep rally when JDR was hired.

Nevermind that he only had six years of coaching generally and only one as a coordinator at the time the Jaguars hired him.

He wasn't TC, and the ladies found him good looking, and he declared no more three yards and a cloud of dust. 

That was all that mattered. 

Credentials certainly didn't (except when Cochran and Mehri threatened to sue the NFL for employment discrimination; then the fans were concerned with merit).

Now fans want proven names.

Fans want a proven entity because they recognize the team has a young core that requires the right kind of coordinators to assist with the progression.

Those fans who were excited when Del Rio was hired really were just happy because he wasn't Coughlin.  Of course, a few years later, they were regretting their incessant demands to fire Tom, but that's another discussion.

Del Rio was never as  bad a head coach as he was portrayed.  He was definitely green, and some of his ideas didn't really pan out well (keep on chopping wood), but he had a mature roster that was capable of putting wins on the board.  They had their lapses.  Where he was exposed for his inexperience was when the team started to shed that talent.  I don't think he was prepared for that.  On the other hand, when Coughlin had to coach a team that was light on talent, he did some of his best coaching at the end here in Jacksonville.  That team was void of talent, but they still managed to remain competitive week to week.  I think that was because Coughlin had the experience of working with the team from the start.  Jack didn't have that kind of perspective.  Good coach, but needed more seasoning.  I think maybe he's learned a few things and might be ready to step back into that role.  You won't see the same rookie head coach mistakes if he gets another chance.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

No matter who gets hired, I predict half of the board will hate it.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:No matter who gets hired, I predict half of the board will hate it.
Half?  That's all?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:No matter who gets hired, I predict half of the board will hate it.

No matter who they hire, I'm going to hate it.

Kyle Shanahan just left the Browns along with the QB coach. Very good young OC, runs ZBS too.

Quote:Kyle Shanahan just left the Browns along with the QB coach. Very good young OC, runs ZBS too.

I know Shanahan had a couple interviews lined up. One for the Bills HC position. I also know that he's been linked to the Raiders job as a package deal with his father.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:No matter who they hire, I'm going to hate it.

Either way, we've got some competition, so we may not be able to get the top candidate:

OC vacancies:  Bears, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Rams, Redskins

HC vacancies: Falcons, Bears, Jets, 49ers, 

Rick Dennison.  Calling it now. 

Alex Van Pelt?

Quote:Rick Dennison.  Calling it now. 
Just did some quick research on the guy and he's a Kubiak guy. Been working with Kubiak ever since Denver. Do you think he's going to leave him?

Quote:Just did some quick research on the guy and he's a Kubiak guy. Been working with Kubiak ever since Denver. Do you think he's going to leave him?
Why not?  If it doesn't go well here then he will be right back with Kubiak. 

If he wants to be OC again then yeah I think he will leave Kubiak. 

LOL Ken Dorsey?

I thought most of the fanbase wanted Dennis Green or Kirk Ferentz when Del Rio was hired here.  I don't recall the "pep rally" excitement for Del Rio --- it was more like .... "Really?"

Quote:I've said it a million times already but please greg knapp!

Knapp has not been a good Offensive Coordinator. That would be a terrible hire. He was bad in a few stops at the position. Knapp might be good working as QB coach or something, but would be a very underwhelming choice as OC for the Jags. Just because he has familiarity with the ZBS doesn't mean he's the best choice. Fisch was familiar with that as well. If Knapp is the best they are going to do then they might as well just go with the Steelers/ Vikings guy - Kirby I think his name is? - who to this point would be an unknown but better than a guy like Knapp thats been mostly brutal in his offensive coordinator opportunities.

Trestman is the most credible of the coordinator track records. Thats probably who you should be saying "please" for. Not Knapp. 

Quote:I thought most of the fanbase wanted Dennis Green or Kirk Ferentz when Del Rio was hired here.  I don't recall the "pep rally" excitement for Del Rio --- it was more like .... "Really?"

Kirk was one of the hottest names at the time. I don't recall much hype for Green. JDR's hype machine started after he was hired with the now renowned "No more three yards and a cloud of dust" comment. JDR was a personable HC, especially at the start. I think he changed (probably the pressure of the job or the job itself getting to him) later on. Even players liked playing for JDR at the start.

They're going to hire a woman.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I thought most of the fanbase wanted Dennis Green or Kirk Ferentz when Del Rio was hired here.  I don't recall the "pep rally" excitement for Del Rio --- it was more like .... "Really?"

There was literally a pep rally at the stadium when Del Rio was hired.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/storie...8192.shtml

;

;