Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Quote: 

More factually wrong statements. Were you aware that 70% of Bortles passes in his rookie year came under 10 yards? Even so, he couldn't even complete 60% of his passes. So if you're arguing that Mariota is a check down master, does that mean Bortles was the check down overlord? To take shots downfield consistently you need the playmakers that can get separation downfield. Furthermore, how can you have the 8th highest YPA (7.8) in the NFL and be a checkdown master? The point you're trying to make is nonsensical.
What is factually wrong? I looked up the stats man... (after re reading my post, I meant 40+ yards "the big play" that is MY bad for using 20) from NFL and ESPN. Did game log and situational breakdowns in another thread where you tools were trying to say MM was better than BB5.

40+ = 0

31-40 = 2 att 0 comp.

his lowest completion % is from passes beyond 10 yards...

stats are skewed by what you do and how you call the game.

if he throws the ball deep more often, he will have a lower completion %.

What it means was last year Bortles had an OC that did not use his strengths well. He was also a raw rookie who was deemed not really ready to start right away.

Whereas MM was deemed starter, right away. They felt he was ready..

YPA is SKEWED ALWAYS...

Yards per attempt goes up if he hits a 5 yard slant and the receiver runs 50 yards.

That goes down as one attempt for 50 yards. = YPA 50

if the ball is dropped (Bortles was a victim of this often, early) it goes down as 0 yards one 1 attempt. YPA = 0

BRUH.

What is nonsensical is that you've continued this silliness through multiple threads.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Brady only completed 51% last night. That guy is trash.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Spoken like a compare/contrast of Twilight Sparkle and Applejack.

Cute.

My little pony? Are you one of those sick bronies? I always thought you guys were just some creepy internet folklore. 

Quote:What is factually wrong? I looked up the stats man... (after re reading my post, I meant 40+ yards "the big play" that is MY bad for using 20) from NFL and ESPN. Did game log and situational breakdowns in another thread where you tools were trying to say MM was better than BB5.

40+ = 0

31-40 = 2 att 0 comp.

his lowest completion % is from passes beyond 10 yards...

stats are skewed by what you do and how you call the game.

if he throws the ball deep more often, he will have a lower completion %.

What it means was last year Bortles had an OC that did not use his strengths well. He was also a raw rookie who was deemed not really ready to start right away.

Whereas MM was deemed starter, right away. They felt he was ready..

YPA is SKEWED ALWAYS...

Yards per attempt goes up if he hits a 5 yard slant and the receiver runs 50 yards.

That goes down as one attempt for 50 yards. = YPA 50

if the ball is dropped (Bortles was a victim of this often, early) it goes down as 0 yards one 1 attempt. YPA = 0

BRUH.

What is nonsensical is that you've continued this silliness through multiple threads.

Oh damn, he went 0/2 on passes 30 yards plus? That changes everything, the guy is obviously a bust.

Mariota and Bortles are both looking good relative to their age and situations. Neither look like a bust and neither look like "one of the worst QBs in the league".

Quote:My little pony? Are you one of those sick bronies? I always thought you guys were just some creepy internet folklore. 

You seem to have outed yourself with this public display of knowledge.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:You seem to have outed yourself with this public display of knowledge.

It's called Google. Welcome to the modern age.

Quote:It's called Google. Welcome to the modern age.

Suuurrrrrrrreeeeee.

It's ok brony.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Suuurrrrrrrreeeeee.

It's ok brony.

So knowing what a brony is, makes you a brony? By your rationale you're a brony too.

Quote:So knowing what a brony is, makes you a brony? By your rationale you're a brony too.

I have several daughters, I've spent many hours on the floor playing with little plastic horses. My MLP knowledge is proof of my virility and masculinity.  :thumbsup:

Quote:I have several daughters, I've spent many hours on the floor playing with little plastic horses. My MLP knowledge is proof of my virility and masculinity. :thumbsup:

I don't even know what to say. I'm happy for you and your family, and hope you continue to have a good relationship with them, but I came to discuss football.

Quote:I don't even know what to say. I'm happy for you and your family, and hope you continue to have a good relationship with them, but I came to discuss football.

It's ok man, Take a deep breath and relax. It really is ok to just be goofy every now and then.

Quote:It's ok man, Take a deep breath and relax. It really is ok to just be goofy every now and then.

Oh I'm seething over here. And I just got my 3 month anger management chip.

Quote:Bortles is actually 10th in deep yard passing, completing around 45% of his deep balls. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here? What stats are more meaningful than completion %, YPA, TD rate, INT rate, and QB rating (and specifically in the redzone)? Surely deep ball production can't be the most meaningful measure of a good QB?

I was using a stat from a week ago, not sure exactly what way they meant it, but profootballfocus listed, in their week 10 power rankings, a player on each team that leads the league in some statistical category, and for the Jaguars this was the blurb, "Quarterback Blake Bortles has 62 passing attempts, 26 completions, 835 yards, and six touchdowns—all on deep passes."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...g-week-10/

Not sure if that meant he leads the league in deep touchdown passes, deep attempts, deep completions, yards, or all of those things, but as of week 10 that's where pro football focus had him, and the point isn't that he's great, the point is that the stat captures the reality of how Bortles plays and what he's doing well, which is throwing the ball deep.

Saying that Mariota throws for a lot of YPA is misleading because most of the yards aren't from the pass, they're from the run after the catch.

Quote:I was using a stat from a week ago, not sure exactly what way they meant it, but profootballfocus listed, in their week 10 power rankings, a player on each team that leads the league in some statistical category, and for the Jaguars this was the blurb, "Quarterback Blake Bortles has 62 passing attempts, 26 completions, 835 yards, and six touchdowns—all on deep passes."

Not sure if that meant he leads the league in deep touchdown passes, deep attempts, deep completions, yards, or all of those things, but as of week 10 that's where pro football focus had him, and the point isn't that he's great, the point is that the stat captures the reality of how Bortles plays and what he's doing well, which is throwing the ball deep.

Saying that Mariota throws for a lot of YPA is misleading because most of the yards aren't from the pass, they're from the run after the catch.

I respect PFF quite a bit. What does PFF say about the Titans' O-Line?

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2015, 03:03 AM by Baconator.)

Quote:I was using a stat from a week ago, not sure exactly what way they meant it, but profootballfocus listed, in their week 10 power rankings, a player on each team that leads the league in some statistical category, and for the Jaguars this was the blurb, "Quarterback Blake Bortles has 62 passing attempts, 26 completions, 835 yards, and six touchdowns—all on deep passes."

Do you know what the average 'air yards' per attempt is for each QB? 4.37 for Bortles, and 4.22 for Mariota, a negligible difference. The biggest difference between them as far as the difference in YPA (7.8 vs 6.8) is that Mariota is just a much more accurate passer.

Quote:Do you know what the average 'air yards' per attempt is for each QB? 4.37 for Bortles, and 4.22 for Mariota, a negligible difference. The biggest difference between them as far as the difference in YPA (7.8 vs 6.8) is that Mariota is just a much more accurate passer.
And a SIGNIFICANT amount of Mariota's passes are 10 yards or under versus Bortle's passes.

Dink and dunk vs Air-it-out QB.

Quote:I respect PFF quite a bit. What does PFF say about the Titans' O-Line?

Not sure why it would matter, they quoted a stat, and I don't think they're misquoting it. I couldn't care less about their opinion of the titans offensive line.

It's fun to watch Chip Kelly foreshadow Mariota's career.

Quote:It's fun to watch Chip Kelly foreshadow Mariota's career.

Chip, Saban, Spurrier

Over/under on his return to college?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."