Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Quote:I think the beef is the comparison to Kaep. Not really similar playing styles at all.

They both like to stare down their first read, but at least Kaepernick was willing to throw it outside of the numbers, so you're definitely right that they have a lot of difference between them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think the beef is the comparison to Kaep. Not really similar playing styles at all.

Slow down, you're going to confuse him.

Quote:They both like to stare down their first read, but at least Kaepernick was willing to throw it outside of the numbers, so you're definitely right that they have a lot of difference between them.

Maybe the problem is we have [BLEEP] receivers and not the QB?
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote:Slow down, you're going to confuse him.

Oh shut it.

Kaepernick is similar to Mariota in that they are mobile, can pass inside the pocket, and go for the shorter, higher percentage throws. There is nothing wrong with that comparison. If you're gonna try and say Mariota isn't mobile like Kaepernick, then you're more of a troglodyte then I previously assumed

Quote:Oh shut it.

Kaepernick is similar to Mariota in that they are mobile, can pass inside the pocket, and go for the shorter, higher percentage throws. There is nothing wrong with that comparison. If you're gonna try and say Mariota isn't mobile like Kaepernick, then you're more of a troglodyte then I previously assumed

By that standard, why not compare him to Rodgers? Both are mobile, can pass inside the pocket, and go for short higher percentage throws. Nothing wrong with that comparison, just that it is so general it isn't very apt. It doesn't pick out any specicifc relation other than they are both athletic QBs. Hell you could be talking about almost any QB in the NFL and based on your standards the comparison is apt.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015, 08:48 PM by SamusAranX.)

Quote:By that standard, why not compare him to Rodgers? Both are mobile, can pass inside the pocket, and go for short higher percentage throws. Nothing wrong with that comparison, just that it is so general it isn't very apt. It doesn't pick out any specicifc relation other than they are both athletic QBs. Hell you could be talking about almost any QB in the NFL and based on your standards the comparison is apt.

By mobile I mean can run for 87 yards like Mariota did today. Where they can legitimately pull of designed keeper plays. Rodgers rarely runs plays like that, if ever. Perhaps speedy would be a better word.

Quote:Maybe the problem is we have [BAD WORD REMOVED] receivers and not the QB?

Yeah yeah, it's all the WRs fault, not the fact that every time Mariota completes a pass down the field or near the sideline it's bounced off a defender first because he either doesn't have the aim, arm strength, or the confidence to make those throws. In any case there's an interesting pattern to his play, and it's crazy that a great defensive mind like Gus Bradley (lol!) still couldn't get his defense ready for it.

Quote:Yeah yeah, it's all the WRs fault, not the fact that every time Mariota completes a pass down the field or near the sideline it's bounced off a defender first because he either doesn't have the aim, arm strength, or the confidence to make those throws. In any case there's an interesting pattern to his play, and it's crazy that a great defensive mind like Gus Bradley (lol!) still couldn't get his defense ready for it.

I'm starting to understand why your board name is what it is. Maybe the Jags should hire you as their D coordinator. Smile
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote:I'm starting to understand why your board name is what it is. Maybe the Jags should hire you as their D coordinator. Smile

I'd do much better as the beat writer for the titans on a major publication. If there's one thing that keeps the fools coming back it's a writer with a negative outlook on their favorite team.

Quote:I'd do much better as the beat writer for the titans on a major publication. If there's one thing that keeps the fools coming back it's a writer with a negative outlook on their favorite team.

We already have one of those. Paul Kuharsky.

Quote:By mobile I mean can run for 87 yards like Mariota did today. Where they can legitimately pull of designed keeper plays. Rodgers rarely runs plays like that, if ever. Perhaps speedy would be a better word.
Comparing their running ability is very different from comparing their skillset as passers. Sure they both have the athletic ability to break a 90 yard TD run, but they are nothing alike as passers.

Quote:We already have one of those. Paul Kuharsky.

Lol, that sunshine pumper? You titans fans really are delusional.

Quote:Lol, that sunshine pumper? You titans fans really are delusional.

He constantly rags the Titans. Only sunshine he pumps is up Indy's [BLEEP].

Quote:He constantly rags the Titans. Only sunshine he pumps is up Indy's [BAD WORD REMOVED].

He might not be as manic as you are when it comes to humping titans leg, but he's definitely a total titans homer, really showed strongly when he was the writer for the whole AFCS.

Quote:Comparing their running ability is very different from comparing their skillset as passers. Sure they both have the athletic ability to break a 90 yard TD run, but they are nothing alike as passers.

They are alike in some ways as a passer though. They can be dangerous throwing outside the pocket, and running (notice I didn't say they do that the majority of the time). The problem with Kaepernick is he couldn't thrive that way. He definitely tried. That was my point from the beginning. Mariota will have to refine himself as a pocket passer. If he keeps his percentage of running plays low, that will be to his benefit not his detriment. Because defenses won't allow that.

Bortles showed today he's the elite QB in the division. Give him any other D in this division and we are clear. Oh and a mediocre kicker probably means 2 wins more too.

Comparing Mariota to Kaep is way off base. MM is on an entirely different level than Kaep as a passer. Outstanding mechanics, especially for a rookie. He also isn't dependent on his athleticism, it is more of a bonus. Hate to admit it, but the tacks have a scary QB.

As for Baconator's point about Bortles being a product of his weapons, what a joke. Crappy OL, a 2nd year 2nd round pick, a 2nd year UDFA and a good free agent TE. How is that any better or "more experienced" than DGB (2nd rounder), Kendall Wright (1st rounder) and Delanie Walker?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Another week in the books. Another week where I still think both bortles and mariota are both good qbs.

Much more impressed with bortles vs the tacks defense than I am with mariota vs the jags.

Still looking at probably another full season before we really know who has the edge.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Its not Bortles fault they suck in the red zone. Our play calling and line sucked so bad in that area, and it looked like they actually worked hard to fix it this game.

I don't know that you can completely exonerate Bortles here considering he still hasn't mastered the fade, and this has led to stalled red zone drives. What they did for this game was figure out just what it is Blake can do in the red zone in order to successfully finish. As for Mariota in the red zone, I'm sincerely impressed. It generally takes time to learn how to make things work when things get that tight, but playing in tight situations is what he does best.

'02

Quote:Mariota has a much better HC, as sad as that sounds, it's true.

I disagree. Mularkey is and always has been garbage. It almost looked like both teams were trying to hand each other the win. That said, please keep this about the qbs. We are now actively handing out warnings for derailing threads to discuss the head coach.

'02