Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2015, 04:31 PM by Baconator.)

Quote:I just don't see the same obviousness about Mariota's superiority going forward so far.

Ok, then I don't know what to tell you. The difference between them is so vast it's obvious to everyone except you. In 11 career games played:

Mariota: 2,786 yards 62.4% 7.7 YPA 19 TDS (5.2%) 10 INTs (2.7%) 

Mettenberger: 1.833 yards 61.7% 7.2 YPA 9 TDs (3.6%) 8 INTS (4.0%)

http://www.nfl.com/player/marcusmariota/...areerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/zachmettenberg...areerstats

That doesn't even take into consideration Mariota's advantage in athleticism/running ability and the intangibles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ok, then I don't know what to tell you. The difference between them is so vast it's obvious to everyone except you. In 11 career games played:

Mariota: 2,786 yards 62.4% 7.7 YPA 19 TDS (5.2%) 10 INTs (2.7%) 

Mettenberger: 1.833 yards 61.7% 7.2 YPA 9 TDs (3.6%) 8 INTS (4.0%)

http://www.nfl.com/player/marcusmariota/...areerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/zachmettenberg...areerstats

That doesn't even take into consideration Mariota's advantage in athleticism/running ability and the intangibles.

And one guy was groomed all offseason and had the offense designed for him while the other guy was the backup and came in without the benefit of everything being tailored for him. Mariota has had a couple of good games, I'm not sure Mettenberger couldn't also have a good game or two with the same help that Mariota has received.

Quote:And one guy was groomed all offseason and had the offense designed for him while the other guy was the backup and came in without the benefit of everything being tailored for him. Mariota has had a couple of good games, I'm not sure Mettenberger couldn't also have a good game or two with the same help that Mariota has received.

It was the same system and same group of playmakers, it wasn't 'tailored' to Mariota. It is also Mettenberger's 2nd year as a pro in that system, so I don't understand the point? I mean Wisenhunt was fired for refusing to adapt the offense (which was more naturally suited to Mettenberger's skillset anyway) to Mariota. What are you talking about? I think you're just salty and are trying to argue something out of spite, because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:It was the same system and same group of playmakers, it wasn't 'tailored' to Mariota. It is also Mettenberger's 2nd year as a pro in that system, so I don't understand the point? I mean Wisenhunt was fired for refusing to adapt the offense (which was more naturally suited to Mettenberger's skillset anyway) to Mariota. What are you talking about? I think you're just salty and are trying to argue something out of spite, because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Lol, yes, I'm just salty, can't be what I REALLY think about the titans QBs.

Quote:Lol, yes, I'm just salty, can't be what I REALLY think about the titans QBs.

I guess I was giving you too much credit.

Quote:I guess I was giving you too much credit.

No worse thank thinking a 23 year old QB with 31 passing TDs is beyond the possibility of being good.

Quote:No worse thank thinking a 23 year old QB with 31 passing TDs is beyond the possibility of being good.

When did I say that Bortles was a bad QB? The point I was making was that those TD numbers are largely inflated and are not indicative of his overall play. This is actually backed up by a decent amount of empirical data, and you can see it manifest itself on the field everyday. He is wildly inconsistent, struggles to make good decisions, and is horribly inaccurate. Does he make amazing plays from time to time? Absolutely, but there are quite a few red flags that you everyone on this board ignores.

There is a consistent rationale and evidence backing up my position. What grounds do you have for honestly believing Mettenberger is a better QB than Mariota?

Quote:When did I say that Bortles was a bad QB? The point I was making was that those TD numbers are largely inflated and are not indicative of his overall play. This is actually backed up by a decent amount of empirical data, and you can see it manifest itself on the field everyday. He is wildly inconsistent, struggles to make good decisions, and is horribly inaccurate. Does he make amazing plays from time to time? Absolutely, but there are quite a few red flags that you everyone on this board ignores.

There is a consistent rationale and evidence backing up my position. What grounds do you have for honestly believing Mettenberger is a better QB than Mariota?

To quote you, "can't fix stupid."

Being skeptical about the difference in ability between two young QBs that both lose tons of games is completely rational.

Quote:To quote you, "can't fix stupid."

Being skeptical about the difference in ability between two young QBs that both lose tons of games is completely rational.

You could try reading some books or something? I mean obviously you don't quite understand the game of football, but there are a lot of great resources online.

Quote:You could try reading some books or something? I mean obviously you don't quite understand the game of football, but there are a lot of great resources online.

Oh the irony.

At least Bortles can finish all his games. He takes a beating every week.

The empirical data proves that Mariota is extremely injury prone. Perhaps his twig like frame is to blame. SOFT.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Bacon, you make me laugh.

Oh gee, Merryotter got hurt again. I'm sure no one saw that coming.  :whistling:

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2015, 07:29 PM by unf_nashvillian.)

Yeldon missed another game? What happened? Did he strain his vagina?

Talk about soft. He can't play a whole season. Plus he's from Bama. Can anyone say "Trent Richardson"?
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote:Yeldon missed another game? What happened? Did he strain his [BAD WORD REMOVED]?

Talk about soft. He can't play a whole season. Plus he's from Bama. Can anyone say "Trent Richardson"?

Yikes. Normally some pretty decent posts out of you but this one is bottom of the barrel and really screams desperation.

Did you give your login info to baconator or clotswarrior?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Yeldon missed another game? What happened? Did he strain his [BAD WORD REMOVED]?

Yeah, he did. Maybe he's no good. No one on this board is defending him like the Hawaii messaii.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Yikes. Normally some pretty decent posts out of you but this one is bottom of the barrel and really screams desperation.

Was a sarcastic post in response to all the cretinous posts on here about how we should write Mariota off because he suffered an MCL sprain.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote:Was a sarcastic post in response to all the cretinous posts on here about how we should write Mariota off because he suffered an MCL sprain.

Just another miserable excuse for a tank job. Seems like the MO of the division. Clearly it has worked out beautifly.

Insipid.

Quote:Yikes. Normally some pretty decent posts out of you but this one is bottom of the barrel and really screams desperation.

When have I ever made a comment like that, seriously?

Just stop, you're embarrassing.