Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

So much bortles insecurity. Honestly what does he do better than mariota or luck? He throws a better deep ball than mariota but doesn't have nearly as good of mechanics or football iq as either. Bortles is still the most inconsistent, inaccurate, and inefficient qbs in the league. The fact they couldn't compete for the afc south title given its current state and their leagues easiest schedule shows you don't win games with that style of play. All it gives you are empty stats.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2016, 10:36 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:So much bortles insecurity. Honestly what does he do better than mariota or luck? He throws a better deep ball than mariota but doesn't have nearly as good of mechanics or football iq as either. Bortles is still the most inconsistent, inaccurate, and inefficient qbs in the league. The fact they couldn't compete for the afc south title given its current state and their leagues easiest schedule shows you don't win games with that style of play. All it gives you are empty stats.
He plays in week 16 and 17. That's what he does better.

The Jags average just under 25 points per game which puts them at 11th in the league. That is plenty sufficient with a defense that isn't terrible. If your "don't win games with that style of play" comment is referring to the defense, then you are spot on. Otherwise, you are smoking crack.

If you look at BB since the first Tennessee game, he's thrown 18 TDs, 5 INT, and only had one game below 60% completion rate.  He's learning.

Quote:So much bortles insecurity. Honestly what does he do better than mariota or luck? He throws a better deep ball than mariota but doesn't have nearly as good of mechanics or football iq as either. Bortles is still the most inconsistent, inaccurate, and inefficient qbs in the league. The fact they couldn't compete for the afc south title given its current state and their leagues easiest schedule shows you don't win games with that style of play. All it gives you are empty stats.

He scored 6 offensive TDs against the titans a few weeks ago and lost the game. There comes a point where you can't keep pinning the blame for losing on the best player on a team. As for insecurity, that's coming from a guy that comes to an opposing team's message board to try to convince someone (himself?) that his QB isn't as severely limited a player as he appears to be.

The fact that Mariota couldn't compete for the afc south title given its current state and their leagues easy schedule shows you don't win games with that style of play. All it gives you are empty stats.

Mariota's slight, girlish frame isn't doing him any favors in the NFL. How many games has he missed this year? A quarter of them?

Oh well. He will be tearing it up in the arena league a few years from now.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2016, 01:26 AM by CSO14.)

Is there any comparison now?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I learned a secret the other day.

You want someone to go away? Stop talking about them.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Minus breakaway speed he's better at everything than Mariota.

Not sure Luck has anything on him either from a talent standpoint either.

Mariota dreams he could throw the deep pass like Bortles who, btw, is far from inconsistent, inaccurate or inefficient. Week after week Bortles has been putting up solid numbers with very few exceptions. As for his accuracy, it's consistently getting better. Early this season his completion percentage was pretty bad (he was 55.3 percent over the first nine weeks), but he's been getting much better (he's at 64.7 percent over the last six weeks). And Blake's efficiency is among the best in the league. He has over 4000 yards and is in second place with 35 TDs. The fact that we couldn't compete for a title is all about how pathetic our defense has been.

No Mariota is extremely inconsistent. Take away his week one stats and his stats against the league's worst defenses, and his stats are absolute crap. This includes his completion percentage. I pointed out above how he's down to something like 47 percent since September if you exclude his games against the Saints and Jaguars. And his dink and dunk game is far from efficient. Mariota has less than 20 TDs on the season. The guy is a joke that Titans fans just don't get yet.

'02

Quote:You make a great point about the Jaguars being a notable exception; the Saints are another. Mariota started out red hot in September over the first three weeks, but since then with teams having tape on him, he's really not done that well. The following is MM stat's since September aside from his games against the league-worst Saints defense and the Jaguars make-every-qb-look-great defense...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">M. Mariota: 6 starts (0-6), 99 of 210 (47.1%) for 1,115 yards (5.3 YPA, 185.8 yds/gm), 4 TDs and 7 INTs for a 56.0 qb rating

<p style="margin-left:40px;">18 sacks (144 yards lost), 14 rushes for 81 yards (5.8 ypc) and 0 TDs with 6 fumbles, 3 lost

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

In fairness I need to do the same for Blake. His best games were also against the Titans along with his mind blowing game against the Bucs in October. So the following is Blakes starts since September minus his stat-happy games against the Titans and Bucs....

<p style="margin-left:40px;">B. Bortles: 8 starts (3-5), 186 of 289 (64.4%) for 2,257 yards (7.8 YPA, 282.1 yds/gm), 16 TDs and 9 INTs for a 93.7 qb rating

<p style="margin-left:40px;">22 sacks (146 yards lost), 35 rushes for 216 yards (6.2 ypc) and 2 TDs with 8 fumbles, 3 lost

Here you go Baconator .It appears you overlooked this post.

'02

Quote:Here you go Baconator .It appears you overlooked this post.

Don't bother with him. He overlooks a lot. I slammed him awhile ago when he tried to claim that Bortles was the worst at a certain stat (can't remember what it was, believe it was third down rating or something like that) and there were at least ten other QBs worse then him. He didn't bother to actually look at the link I posted to prove him wrong. If it doesn't fit his narrow views he ignores it

Quote:Don't bother with him. He overlooks a lot. I slammed him awhile ago when he tried to claim that Bortles was the worst at a certain stat (can't remember what it was, believe it was third down rating or something like that) and there were at least ten other QBs worse then him. He didn't bother to actually look at the link I posted to prove him wrong. If it doesn't fit his narrow views he ignores it

Or how he said Mariota and Winston are setting records and neither are going to set any rookie record but he never responded to my post about that either.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He needs to realize just how bad Mariota is. I mean, as soon as teams had some tape on him, he absolutely stunk worse than Gabbert except when he played the league's two worst defenses. Even Blaine's utterly pathetic stats for the second half of his rookie season blow away the stats I just posted for Mariota. Those are flat out as bad as I've ever seen. I know he's a rookie so maybe he might improve, but seeing this sure wouldn't give me any hope. And then there's the realization that he can't even remain healthy. The Titans would be wise to draft another QB this offseason.

'02

Quote:He needs to realize just how bad Mariota is. I mean, as soon as teams had some tape on him, he absolutely stunk worse than Gabbert except when he played the league's two worst defenses. Even Blaine's utterly pathetic stats for the second half of his rookie season blow away the stats I just posted for Mariota. Those are flat out as bad as I've ever seen. I know he's a rookie so maybe he might improve, but seeing this sure wouldn't give me any hope. And then there's the realization that he can't even remain healthy. The Titans would be wise to draft another QB this offseason.

I don't think Mariota is the second coming as Baconator tries to imply, but I think he's better then you're giving credit to him for. Gabberts rookie stats are misleading; anyone who watched that train wreck could tell you that he wasn't NFL caliber at the time. Mariota needs to find a way to hit the outside throws and stay comfortable in the pocket; only then will be avoid hitting the wall. With tape on him, he's not going to be able to constantly hit the throws in the middle; any coordinator worth his salt will shut those down and force him into the honey holes as Vic used to call them.

Baconator is a weak minded individual and a tacks fan. It's not his fault on either account and honestly I feel bad for him.

Quote:Baconator is a weak minded individual and a tacks fan. It's not his fault on either account and honestly I feel bad for him.

Good points all around.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I don't think Mariota is the second coming as Baconator tries to imply, but I think he's better then you're giving credit to him for. Gabberts rookie stats are misleading; anyone who watched that train wreck could tell you that he wasn't NFL caliber at the time. Mariota needs to find a way to hit the outside throws and stay comfortable in the pocket; only then will be avoid hitting the wall. With tape on him, he's not going to be able to constantly hit the throws in the middle; any coordinator worth his salt will shut those down and force him into the honey holes as Vic used to call them.

Gabbert isn't a bad comparison. They both fold up under pressure, they're both injury prone, they're both scared to throw down the field, they both came from colleges that didn't run a pro offense, and they both were drafted too high by bad GMs.

I stopped reading after this.

So much projection in this troll.  LOL

Quote:So much bortles insecurity.

The fact that you guys honestly believe things like Gabbert is comparable to mariota, or that mettenberger is better than mariota prove how little you guys really understand football. But what do you know, another horrible half of football by bortles. Don't worry, he will have 2nd half and garbage time to pad his stats per usual.

Quote:The fact that you guys honestly believe things like Gabbert is comparable to mariota, or that mettenberger is better than mariota prove how little you guys really understand football. But what do you know, another horrible half of football by bortles. Don't worry, he will have 2nd half and garbage time to pad his stats per usual.

Do you lack reading comprehension or are you a moron? I clearly stated a few posts ago that Gabbert was worse then Mariota. Not everyone here has the same opinion and spouts off mindlessly like you