Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Quote:He had a better TD:TO ratio than Bortles: 0:0 > 0:4.

He wins because it's got too slight and girly a frame to have played! BRILLIANT!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He wins because it's got too slight and girly a frame to have played! BRILLIANT!

What's with all the Jags fans so obsessed over his body? I guess we know what you're watching every sunday for. Was it you who started the petition for the jags all male cheerleading team?

Quote:What's with all the Jags fans so obsessed over his body? I guess we know what you're watching every sunday for. Was it you who started the petition for the jags all male cheerleading team?

You're the one that said an injured player is better than a player on a team that got worked. Frankly, if marcus had played for the Jaguars today I think he might have gotten a ruptured ovary.

Quote:You're the one that said an injured player is better than a player on a team that got worked. Frankly, if marcus had played for the Jaguars today I think he might have gotten a ruptured ovary.

He made a snide remark because he was getting precautionary rest during a meaningless game as a slight to Mariota, so he got one back. No need to be so sensitive. But really the obsession you guys have with Mariota's body hands etc is getting a little creepy.

Quote:He made a snide remark because he was getting precautionary rest during a meaningless game as a slight to Mariota, so he got one back. No need to be so sensitive. But really the obsession you guys have with Mariota's body hands etc is getting a little creepy.

No obsession, just an obvious and glaring problem that a lot of us saw coming is he's not a guy built for taking a lot of hits.

Quote:No obsession, just an obvious and glaring problem that a lot of us saw coming is he's not a guy built for taking a lot of hits.

I'm confused, who is built for taking a lot of hits? Who goes into the process thinking, 'he looks like he can take a lot of hits, we should draft him' as if their scheme was designed around taking a lot of hits? He's already demonstrated his toughness dating back to his years in college, getting rested in a meaningless game doesn't change that.

Quote:He made a snide remark because he was getting precautionary rest during a meaningless game as a slight to Mariota, so he got one back. No need to be so sensitive. But really the obsession you guys have with Mariota's body hands etc is getting a little creepy.
Blake had a bad game. He took the hit and played like a man till the end of the game, unlike some other QB who after getting hit (mild push) wanted no part of his feet on the field.   Mariota playing 12/16 games an year has more odds than Mariota looking like Marino. 

Quote:Blake had a bad game. He took the hit and played like a man till the end of the game, unlike some other QB who after getting hit (mild push) wanted no part of his feet on the field.   Mariota playing 12/16 games an year has more odds than Mariota looking like Marino. 

What? I must have missed that, when did Bortles sprain his MCL?

Not really sure Blake had a bad game. He had so little time it is hard to judge.

He made an awesome spin move away from watt on one play for a 30 yd pass. He is the most mobile qb in the pocket in the afcs

Baconator is the least bright poster I've ever seen. Bortles is on his way to having a Big Ben type career. Mariota might end up like RG3

Quote:Not really sure Blake had a bad game. He had so little time it is hard to judge.

He made an awesome spin move away from watt on one play for a 30 yd pass. He is the most mobile qb in the pocket in the afcs
 Right, 50% completion, 4 turnovers and no TDs but he didn't have a bad game?

Quote:Baconator is the least bright poster I've ever seen. Bortles is on his way to having a Big Ben type career. Mariota might end up like RG3

Based on what exactly?

Quote:Baconator is the least bright poster I've ever seen. Bortles is on his way to having a Big Ben type career. Mariota might end up like RG3

Lol careful...with all that reaching and stretching you're likely to strain your vag.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote: Right, 50% completion, 4 turnovers and no TDs but he didn't have a bad game?

Based on what exactly?

Watch the game...

Mariota would be broken in half.

PS I thought td's while behind are terrible? Maybe he read your well thought out research?

Quote:What? I must have missed that, when did Bortles sprain his MCL?

He didn't because he's not fragile like your quarterback.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The Jags have to get a LT next year, a premium one. I don't care if it's with a first round pick. I don't care if they have to give away the Modis Building to get a great one in free agency. No quarterback could take all the hits Blake did yesterday and make it through a sixteen-game schedule.

Bortles is the worst most inefficient, turnover probe QB this league has ever seen. Big plays are just inflated and never win football games. The key to football is efficient 5 yard checkdowns over the middle. Throwing to the outside is inefficient and should be avoided at all costs. Every stat Mariota excels in is the key to life whereas any stat Bortles excels in is inflated. Am I doing this right?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:You're the one that said an injured player is better than a player on a team that got worked. Frankly, if marcus had played for the Jaguars today I think he might have gotten a ruptured ovary.

Quoted for awesomeness

This thread is becoming the best thing on the entire inert webs.

Quote:I'm confused,

For ONCE, you're correct...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The fact that you guys honestly believe things like Gabbert is comparable to mariota, or that mettenberger is better than mariota prove how little you guys really understand football. But what do you know, another horrible half of football by bortles. Don't worry, he will have 2nd half and garbage time to pad his stats per usual.

I agree that Mettenberger is not better than Mariota. I can't even draw a comparison to how bad Mettenberger is. That guy is total trash. But Alex Tanney looks pretty good and will actually throw downfield. The Titans seriously need to let Tanney compete with Mariota next year.

Another horrible half of football by Bortles? What in the world are you thinking? He's been extremely productive throughout the second half of the season. I guess I need to post more stats. Here's the stats for the 2nd half of the season, and is the team's last eight games, respectively...

Blake Bortles - 8 starts (3-5): 180 of 295 (61.0%) for 2235 yards (7.6 YPA, 279.4 yds/gm), 18 TDs and 8 INTs for a 93.5 qb rating

26 sacks (188 yards), 25 rushes for 165 yards (6.6 ypc) and 2 TDs, 9 fumbles (4 lost)

Marcus Mariota - 6 starts (1-5): 99 of 170 (58.2%) for 1208 yards (7.1 YPA , 201.3 yds/gm), 6 TDs and 5 INTs for a 79.7 qb rating.

19 sacks (129 yards), 23 rushes for 175 yards (7.6 ypc) and 2 TDs, 5 fumbles (2 lost)

If this is a horrible half of football for Bortles, what does that say about Mariota?

'02

Quote:Are you posting under 'SeldomRite'? Are you a moron and forgot your own username?

Speaking of Bortles, here are his first half stats compared to the second: 12 TDs 9 INTs 60% 7.1 YPA vs 23 TDs 7 INTs 59% 7.7 YPA

Here are his stats compared to leading vs playing from behind: 3 TDs 2 INs 59% 5.5 YPA vs 29 TDs 14 INTs 60% 8 YPA

He is the king of garbage time and stat padding. He is still the least accurate, most turnover prone, and inconsistent QBs in the league and the stats reflect that. You don't win games with that style of in efficient play, evidenced by their 5 wins despite playing the easiest schedule in the NFL.

"Playing from behind" does not indicate garbage time stats. The Jaguars this season had not faced all that much garbage time in general. They're not like the Titans who are typically being blown out late in games. Bortles has most of his TDs and game action in the 2nd half of games because the Jaguars typically start slow and he's coming back often nearly pulling it off in exciting games. The five wins is by far more of a reflection of their defense. Early in this thread I compiled his garbage time stats for the first half of the season and subtracted that from his overall stats, and his stats were still rather impressive. They're actually far more impressive if I were to do the same for the entire season. It's becoming clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

'02