Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has to be the Jaguars pick

Dallas could easily go with a QB or take Ramsey. There is also the possibility that a team like Baltimore trades up for Ramsey

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think we get a FS in FA so I dont think it really matters.  If we dont get a FS in FA than I can see us taking Ramsey but it is a safe bet FS is top on the FA list with Weddle and Gipson being FA.  We could only pray Berry hits FA but I say its about a 5% chance
I hope so, but all I'm saying for those guys all on Ramsey's bandwagon, IDK how he gets to us unless DAL is set at CB/S. Plus, with Weddle leaving SD, there's a solid shot that Ramsey could be seriously considered there as well.

Who do we go with at 5 anyways? That's my question. I'm sure players will move up and down from now til than, but man, looking at it right now it's tough. Would have easily said Jaylon but with the injury it's tough. I like Jack, but he could be a reach that high although I think he'll be a hell of a problem. Just an odd spot to be in. Hopefully Buckner kills it from now til draft time as I'm a fan.

Quote:Dallas could easily go with a QB or take Ramsey. There is also the possibility that a team like Baltimore trades up for Ramsey
That's what I'm saying, Ramsey could go to Dallas or SD pretty easily, all depends what CLE does. If Tunsil or Bosa is there for SD, I fully expect them to go that route. 

I don't see Dallas going QB with all the smoke around Manziel being done in CLE. I know it's ESPN driven, but Jones does like Manziel, and they wouldn't trade for him and draft a QB at #4 with Romo right now.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 10:26 PM by wg171.)

Well, the only sure thing about the draft is their is no sure thing

I just don't want the Jags to not get a FS in FA and then have Ramsey off the board before their pick

Thinking the Raiders and Chargers will also have FS as a priority

I agree with this. With the Jaguars luck they would not take a free safety in free agency and Ramsay would be picked right before their choice. Get Gipson in free agency and hope Bosa somehow falls to them. If he doesn't there will be several other options including trading back in the top 10 to a team desperate for a q.b. At that spot they could still land Alexander, Jack, Ogbah or Hargreaves and get an additional 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Don't understand the attitude of "WE MUST TAKE THIS GUY OR THAT GUY". Newsflash; the roster is still littered with holes and no one rookie is going to come in and make the much of a difference. I would seriously consider trading back this year and addressing the majority of our needs with proven veterans. I like Ramsey, but I like the prospect of Weddle/Gipson/Berry + trade down a whole lot more.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:I agree with this. With the Jaguars luck they would not take a free safety in free agency and Ramsay would be picked right before their choice. Get Gipson in free agency and hope Bosa somehow falls to them. If he doesn't there will be several other options including trading back in the top 10 to a team desperate for a q.b. At that spot they could still land Alexander, Jack, Ogbah or Hargreaves and get an additional 2nd or 3rd rounder.

This. Unless Bosa is available, no prospect at that point will be worth a "top 5" selection. A trade down would still likely net us a really quality player and an additional 2nd or 3rd rounder would be like gold.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Is ramsey the range ball hawking safety we think he is. He made a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage at fsu. I want him either way

Quote:Don't understand the attitude of "WE MUST TAKE THIS GUY OR THAT GUY". Newsflash; the roster is still littered with holes and no one rookie is going to come in and make the much of a difference. I would seriously consider trading back this year and addressing the majority of our needs with proven veterans. I like Ramsey, but I like the prospect of Weddle/Gipson/Berry + trade down a whole lot more.
Except the ideal trade scenarios for teams rarely ever happen. Every year fans sit here and clamor "we need more talent, let's trade down for more picks" and it never happens. Until it does, which is unlikely, you have to look at the options at #5. 

It takes two to trade, and just because trading down may make sense for us doesn't mean trading up makes sense for anyone else. Like I said, every year this board and every fan of every team wants to trade down. Go to Tennessee's board and I'm willing to bet all you see is them talking about Goff and hoping someone trades up to their spot to get more picks and get someone at a position of need. It rarely works out that way.

Quote:Is ramsey the range ball hawking safety we think he is. He made a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage at fsu. I want him either way

That's the question, is he Earl Thomas in this scheme? I don't think he's an all-pro CB no matter where he goes, but if he's Earl Thomas then he's worth the 5.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:That's the question, is he Earl Thomas in this scheme? I don't think he's an all-pro CB no matter where he goes, but if he's Earl Thomas then he's worth the 5.

He's not Earl Thomas, IMO, he's a different player. I don't think he quite has Thomas' range, though his is very good. He's bigger though. Regardless of him being Earl Thomas or not, he more than fits this scheme based on what Gus has "officially" admitted what he's looking for.

Quote:That's the question, is he Earl Thomas in this scheme? I don't think he's an all-pro CB no matter where he goes, but if he's Earl Thomas then he's worth the 5.
And Bucky Brooks' joins the hype : http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nsive-back

His NFL comparison matches who I posted earlier of how I envision Ramsey in this defense: Charles Woodson

He's the type of player that Gus, with his crazy antics, will likely create a new position for (lol). He will line up at single high FS, against a TE, against a RB, slot WRs, big WRs. He will blitz. If we can fix that LEO through FA (or Fowler), Ramsey's addition to this defense would alter its identity for the better.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2016, 10:43 AM by SpeedyG.)

Quote:I hope so, but all I'm saying for those guys all on Ramsey's bandwagon, IDK how he gets to us unless DAL is set at CB/S. Plus, with Weddle leaving SD, there's a solid shot that Ramsey could be seriously considered there as well.

Who do we go with at 5 anyways? That's my question. I'm sure players will move up and down from now til than, but man, looking at it right now it's tough. Would have easily said Jaylon but with the injury it's tough. I like Jack, but he could be a reach that high although I think he'll be a hell of a problem. Just an odd spot to be in. Hopefully Buckner kills it from now til draft time as I'm a fan.

Thing is, Dallas and SD don't run the type of scheme that we run (or like to run). Their scheme doesn't call for a single-high FS with range, so a FS of Ramsey's caliber isn't (or IMO shouldn't) be that high on their draft board. And as much as I like Ramsey (and I do for us, a perfect fit IMO), I don't think his value is as high as a CB as it is for FS.

If he *is* gone...there's a couple of other things I'm kind of brainstorming (and this is just me envisioning, nothing based on comments by Gus or Dave or whoever). Granted things will still change, but here's a name that is intriguing for me: Reggie Ragland.

It's a big risk taking a LB that high, but he's an intriguing name for me for one reason only. Assuming that we can sign a Gipson for FS and take the risk of JPP/Mario/Vernon for a veteran pass rusher...it allows us to move Fowler to OTTO. Do you see where I'm going with this yet?

Telvin - Ragland - Fowler

O...M...G...

The range of that LB trio, the motor, and sheer violence of that LB group? That group would own the 2nd line of the defense (and Fowler can still line up at LOS on obvious pass rushing situations)

EDIT: had to clean up my keyboard

Ramsey is great but I would be shocked if anyone grabbed him before us. I mean us taking him at 5 may seem a little high even.

Quote:Ramsey is great but I would be shocked if anyone grabbed him before us. I mean us taking him at 5 may seem a little high even.

I think come draft time you'd have to take him at 5 if you want him. The guy is going to destroy the combine. He's a world class athlete.

Quote:Bosa is one of the most overrated players in college football.

Vh3 is a very good corner, but the jaguars have promising corners.

There is a glaring need at the FS position and Ramsey looks like he could be very, very good in the NFL. He has versatility to where he could play corner, maybe not as well as vh3 but his value to the team at fs is higher than vh3's as a corner.
I worry about VH3's size in the nfl as well, not to mention Bradley likes bigger corners. I would think Ramsey simply for his versatility.

Quote:Ramsey is great but I would be shocked if anyone grabbed him before us. I mean us taking him at 5 may seem a little high even.

I see your point.

Quote:I think come draft time you'd have to take him at 5 if you want him.

But this is why he'd probably be the best choice if still available.

OL and LEO in FA, then Ramsey or BAP when draft time comes might be the best way the cards fall.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:OL and LEO in FA, then Ramsey or BAP when draft time comes might be the best way the cards fall.

This is where I am at pretty much.

Agreed.

Titans Browns and Chargers have a ton of holes. Cowboys are gonna go for it all with Romo so I'm thinking they take best available or Treadwell.

Quote:I love how people evaluate corners. One bad game and all of a sudden he sucks.
He's not the best corner prospect, that's why you don't take him that high if you're drafting for that position. You take Hargreaves, Fuller, or Desmond King over him, but I'd draft him instantly for the FS position.