Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has to be the Jaguars pick

I've been on the Joey Bosa/Robert Nkemdiche bandwagon for awhile now, but I've recently changed my tune. While I think both Bosa and Nkemdiche will be good pros, Jalen Ramsey has a chance to be an all time great FS. His length (he's 6'1 but has the length of a 6'4/6'5 DB), elite athleticism, instincts, and fluidity makes him a sure fire all-pro FS from day 1 Imo. I don't think the NFL has ever seen a prospect at the FS position with the freakish upside of Jalen Ramsey, he's a bigger, faster, stronger version of Tyrann Mathieu, whos having an all pro season as a hybrid CB/FS, I think Jalen Ramsey will be used the same way. Ramsey (Imo) is a once in a generation type prospect, and if he's available when the Jaguars are on the clock he'll certainly be the pick. Here's a write-up from Rob Rang of CBS Sports

"It was the sophomore, Ramsey, not 2015 draft picks Ronald Darby or P.J. Williams who proved the Seminoles' top defensive back a year ago. Injuries to teammates pushed Ramsey all over the field last year and his versatility shined through, starring at safety, cornerback and even linebacker, at times. A freakish athlete with legitimate Olympics hopes and the physicality required for the NFL, Ramsey has the look of a top-10 pick, regardless of where he ultimately lines up in the secondary".

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nope

He got abused against UM, and it's not like UM has game breakers outside

Quote:Nope

Felt like a lot of that was scheme. Kelly has pretty much been Babich levels of bad as a coordinator, but Ramsey is a playmaker with a nose for the football. We haven't had that in Jax since Mathis. I'd say he'd be a good pick. 

Lets take him off the board after one bad game!

Oh btw, 6 in a row.

Position of need and potential to be an all-star. I'm on board

I'd take VH3 over him

what is Ramsey in the L?

corner or safety?

that's the problem. if you say safety, then you don't ever take a safety as high as we're going to pick unless he's Sean Taylor (which he's not even close)

if you say he's a corner, then you would take a corner that high, but he'd better be a lock down guy (which he's not even close)

i'll pass

Quote:I'd take VH3 over him

what is Ramsey in the L?

corner or safety?

that's the problem. if you say safety, then you don't ever take a safety as high as we're going to pick unless he's Sean Taylor (which he's not even close)

if you say he's a corner, then you would take a corner that high, but he'd better be a lock down guy (which he's not even close)

i'll pass

I love how people evaluate corners. One bad game and all of a sudden he sucks.

No one said he sucks, Big John

Take off the Garnet and gold glasses for a moment, sir.

Id take Vernon Hargreaves over him as well, because I value the corner spot more than FS. But a consolation prize being Ramsay makes us a bunch better. I expect Hargreaves to be gone by pick 4 or 5, and Ramsay by 7 or 8.

I'd take Hargreaves over him as well, but I'd take Bosa over both of them.

^^^ ZACTLY

Quote:I'd take Hargreaves over him as well, but I'd take Bosa over both of them.

Yes. Front Seven, Front Seven, Front Seven.

Quote:I've been on the Joey Bosa/Robert Nkemdiche bandwagon for awhile now, but I've recently changed my tune. While I think both Bosa and Nkemdiche will be good pros, Jalen Ramsey has a chance to be an all time great FS. .

Right team, wrong player.

Robert Aguayo would provide kicking security for the next 20 years.

lol! Ramsey can be an all time great FS?!

bhahahahhahaha

Quote:Right team, wrong player.

Robert Aguayo would provide kicking security for the next 20 years.

Trade back into the 3rd for him
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Hargreaves got abused by Alabama last year. Don't draft him.

;

;

Nice try, buddy.

That was Cooper, a top tier, top flight NFL receiver that gave a 19 year old CB the business

Ramsey got worked by some scrubs who won't see the NFL like Rashawn Scott

Screw it .... Bring back Derek Cox - 2nd Team All Colonial Athletic Conference for FBS  - Williams and Mary

Eric Berry in free agency and draft Hargreaves the true shut down corner

Quote:Eric Berry in free agency and draft Hargreaves the true shut down corner

Eric Berry is a SS, we already two SS's in Cyprien and Sample (I think DC drafted Sample as Cyp's replacement in 2016).